Close
Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Benitendi is a negaitve WAR defensive player.. People should hit that google search before posting...

2. A message from our sponsors.

Please Register(it's free!) and Login to get rid of this advertisement.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Lol..

Why do some of you think what was written in that article suggested Schwarber would be trade piece for Benintendi...

I read it as 2 separate topics by writer..

the cubs have interest in Benintendi...

And

Epstein considering trading a position player and Schwarber could be the guy

I didn't see anything he wrote that suggests a trade for benintendi will cost Schwarber..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by JP Hochbaum View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If we are trading Schwarber who has similar WAR and either Baez or Happ, then it is Boston who has to sweeten the pot (a top 20 prospect). Starting with Rizzo is downright nonsense.
    Bos is not in it for quantity, but quality. I am not saying it would not take a bit more, but Rizzo for Andrew is where it starts. The ceiling for Andrew is so much higher than Kyle or Javy.
    Hidden Content
    Follow Me on Twitter: @sportsdream - Sports Tweets, Life, God, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by TC in Mississippi View Post
    Actually he is not. He's just below average. WAR includes defensive statistics. He does make some terrible plays and his range is not great but his defensive deficiencies are way overblown. Plus Schwarber's ceiling as a run producer is substantially higher. I love both players and there are pluses and minuses to each.
    http://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.asp...rs=0&sort=20,d

Very interesting
    Hidden Content

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    Ya Andrew was a butcher in LF is all I see.

But rumors generated from fluff sties means that there is substance

Schwarber was -1.6 WAR and Benitendi was -3.9, you're not helping your case. You know that right? Seems to me that Schwarber has better upside.....

Schwarber was -1.6 WAR and Benitendi was -3.9, you're not helping your case. You know that right? Seems to me that Schwarber has better upside.....
    I posted it because I thought it was very interesting that dwar for fangraphs has such a big difference. I still think the popular opinion and upside is with Andrew. I know of no one that really talks positively about Kyle outside of Cub nation.
    Hidden Content

I posted it because I thought it was very interesting that dwar for fangraphs has such a big difference. I still think the popular opinion and upside is with Andrew. I know of no one that really talks positively about Kyle outside of Cub nation.
    That's the national opinion and I get that, but his scouting showed him as 65 grade hitter and it's kind of strange how how quickly the national narrative turned on Schwarber not to mention many Cubs fans.. Is he going to be that? Maybe not but I think the kid will be a hell of a hitter, maybe he won't. I like Benintendi too but until they each hit around 1,200 PA I'm not sure who either one is going to be and even then there are variables. As far as bWAR vs fWAR I've been told by people who cover the game that scouts feel that Fangraphs is more accurate and closer to the proprietary systems teams use but what do I know?

Normally I wouldn't want to trade Schwarber for Benitendi, but I would only do so to improve the lineup dynamics of this team. We need hitters that make more contact and Benitendi does that better than most Cubs on this roster. Hitting elite pitching is what makes a great playoff hitting team, and we can't accomplish that with so much swing and miss potential.

Schwarber needs to prove that he was worth the draft pick. He did it for spurts and vs minor league talent but this is the big boys league.

Posting greatness or value means nothing with out data to back it. It belongs with the tooth fairy and Santa

Quote Originally Posted by CSF77 View Post
    Schwarber needs to prove that he was worth the draft pick. He did it for spurts and vs minor league talent but this is the big boys league.

Posting greatness or value means nothing with out data to back it. It belongs with the tooth fairy and Santa
    Agreed, but he had a very good second half and that's something to build on. Now we'll see.

Normally I wouldn't want to trade Schwarber for Benitendi, but I would only do so to improve the lineup dynamics of this team. We need hitters that make more contact and Benitendi does that better than most Cubs on this roster. Hitting elite pitching is what makes a great playoff hitting team, and we can't accomplish that with so much swing and miss potential.
    I might make that move too, tbh. Team construction sometimes take precedent over individual talent.

Wrigg was ranked #5 for bombs given up. It is what it is. They play in a launching pad and you have to play that style to succeed.

They are better off getting what they have to start using the whole field vs subtracting a element that works in your home field.

Last thing I want to see is 2 LH contact bats at the corners. I really donít care if one is a supposed match or not. What I know is power plus BB% works here. A park like KC worked for guys that made contact and sprayed more because that Park repressed HRís.

When you play 81 games at a place you build to suit it. That is what homefiekd advantage is about. It is not saying that punching a oppy gap doesnít have value but that falls under situational hitter

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Cobb signing with Cubs...
    My prediction

Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    Cobb signing with Cubs...
    My prediction

Safe bet. I would think McGee is another

Iím thinking that Jed is going into the winter meetings to talk and gauge interest for the most part. He knows it is a weak market and now with the Otani announcement most deals will be back burner. So Jake and Yu will take a back seat to that.

Middle relief is the hot bed spot this year and Jed knows it. It is a area that the team needs to address.

Adding a closer has been from the most part been via trade or internal. Iím not sure if they take the kid gloves here or not. If they feel that they need to invest there is no reason to not sign Wade. If not Minor or Addison makes sense. Making another trade just depletes resources again. I see little value going there.

But all in all I wouldnít be shocked with a no move meetings and a flow of moves after up til x-mas from that groundwork laid.

Cubs are going to give up a first to sign Cobb? No chance.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to DanTown For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by DanTown View Post
    Cubs are going to give up a first to sign Cobb? No chance.
    https://www.google.com/amp/amp.si.co...alifying-offer

They would give up round 2 but would add from Jake in a pick after competitive round B.

Then Davis should add another.

I donít believe that the Q offer will kill any talks as they are in a competitive window vs a rebuilding phase.

Looks like he wants a 5 and to be a Cub:

In an appearance on MLB Network Radio on Friday, free agent right-hander Alex Cobb spoke highly of Cubs manager Joe Maddon and pitching coach Jim Hickey, as Patrick Mooney of NBC Sports Chicago details. Cobb spent the first seven years of his career in Tampa Bay, where he played under Maddon (2011-14) and Hickey (through 2017), which has led to speculation that the Cubs will pursue him in free agency. On the possibility of joining the Cubs and reuniting with Maddon and Hickey, Cobb said, ďObviously, if we move down the line and weíre able to have some discussions with them, Iíd be very honored to be able to talk with them and hopefully come to a deal.Ē

Before Cobbís eligible to sign with the Cubs or another team, heíll have to reject the Raysí $17.4MM qualifying offer, which he hinted heíll do when he said, ďYouíre talking about, hopefully, a decision thatís going to impact the next five years of your life. Based on that comment, it seems Cobb is seeking a five-year deal (MLBTR is projecting heíll land a four-year arrangement), though he insisted that heíll prioritize team success over money. ďIíve been through both. Iíve been through losing seasons and Iíve been through winning seasons,Ē he stated. ďAnd the amount of joy that winning brings to us Ė it canít be replaced by a dollar figure.Ē

Quote Originally Posted by CSF77 View Post
    They would give up round 2 but would add from Jake in a pick after competitive round B.

Then Davis should add another.

I don’t believe that the Q offer will kill any talks as they are in a competitive window vs a rebuilding phase.
    Are you saying neither Jake or Davis will be an A free agent?
    109 years since the last back to back world titles

No

Jake and Wade net a pick after competitive round B.

Round 1
    Competitive round A
    Round 2
    Competitive round B

Cubs would lose their 2nd round pick by signing Cobb. If they were over the lux tax they would lose their 5th also.
    Jake and Wade signing elsewhere would net 2 picks after Competitive B ended and before round 3 starts.

So their 1st round is protected.

To be eligible or this round, teams must fall into the bottom 10 in revenue and market size. MLB uses a formula that takes revenue and winning percentage into account. This year six teams will pick in Round A and eight teams will pick in Round B.

So if they add 2 picks and then lose their 2nd round pick we would be talking a pick around #24 then losing a #60 pick but adding 2 more after the 74th pick.

25. A message from our sponsors.
    Please Register(it's free!) and Login to get rid of this advertisement.

Do you want to advertise with ChiCitySports?
    Ranked #1 Chicagoland sports news and message board online.
    A great opportunity for advertising and exposure, with an active base of fresh consumers always looking for sports-related items and miscellaneous "guy stuff".
    Please go here if you are interested in a multitude of placements on this site.
Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast