Weak 12: Eagles 31, Bears 3 - the shoopster breaks it down . . .

CallMeYams

Liked Posts:
The ultimate troll job: jay Cutty gets run out of town only to get a new replacement only to find out... you guessed it a younger slightly more outgoing jay cutler! Without the whip for the arm. But seriously let’s all calm down and see what he can do with a real coach that is not John Fox

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I just don’t agree the way most of you feel free to assume he’ll become the quintessential franchise Qb in time. It may just not be there. I haven’t really seen it. Manning and Brees didn’t struggle producing from the beginning. Bree’s threw for over 3000 yards his first year. Manning was close to 4000 and had over 25 tds his first year. Trubisky has not produced at all. Foolish comparison on your part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Manning also had Harrison and Faulk....hof players? He also had 28 ints and a 71 rating with 3 wins and was allowed to fail..but having a back with 86 catches didnt help...ur right

Drew Brees had a 76 rating with 17 tds and 16 ints....that was his second year and first as a starter. He followed that up with a shitty 3rd season...also had a HOF running back to ease the pressure with 79 catches

So you'll ignore that and act like I think he will turn out like them....nope...but after 6 games, surrounded by garbage, I dont judge him and call him a bust. His ceiling is high...will he get there who knows. I guess I need that CBMB scouting QBs ability...please tell us who we should sign or draft that is franchise, since apparently Tribs is already a bust and failure.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Manning also had Harrison and Faulk....hof players? He also had 28 ints and a 71 rating with 3 wins and was allowed to fail..but having a back with 86 catches didnt help...ur right

Drew Brees had a 76 rating with 17 tds and 16 ints....that was his second year and first as a starter. He followed that up with a shitty 3rd season...also had a HOF running back to ease the pressure with 79 catches

So you'll ignore that and act like I think he will turn out like them....nope...but after 6 games, surrounded by garbage, I dont judge him and call him a bust. His ceiling is high...will he get there who knows. I guess I need that CBMB scouting QBs ability...please tell us who we should sign or draft that is franchise, since apparently Tribs is already a bust and failure.

Both Manning and Bree's rookie years were in a different era that was less QB friendly than we currently have. There is no denying this.

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:

Are you on cannibis, Calibis? Who called The Frisky One a bust out? We're simply expressing concerns over what we're seeing - or, in the shoopster's case, what he's not seeing.

Are the supporting cast and the coaches contributing to that dearth of dazzle? Most certainly. But some of it is on Trubisky himself. He hasn't shown enough. It's time to step it up, despite the limitations of the conditions around him . . .

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Are you on cannibis, Calibis? Who called The Frisky One a bust out? We're simply expressing concerns over what we're seeing - or, in the shoopster's case, what he's not seeing.

Are the supporting cast and the coaches contributing to that dearth of dazzle? Most certainly. But some of it is on Trubisky himself. He hasn't shown enough. It's time to step it up, despite the limitations of the conditions around him . . .

Not u shoop...look at other posters around here. Sorry if I made it seem that way

Last edited:

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Both Manning and Bree's rookie years were in a different era that was less QB friendly than we currently have. There is no denying this.

Yes and Manning led the NFL with 575 attempts

Brees 526 in his first year as a starter..with a year under his belt

Tribs 178 attempts equals bust and garbage and we have seen enough...got it

billwade

Liked Posts:

Who's calling trubisky a bust after 6 games? Still, he hasn't produced anything that indicates he's an NFL caliber QB so far. It's nothing more or nothing less than that. As others have pointed out, other franchise QBs showed flashes of their talent even while they were making mistakes. With Trubisky, we've seen very inaccurate throws and an inability to see the field, and exceptional plays have been very rare. I hope he improves. But acting like there's no reason for concern is delusional.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Tribs 178 attempts equal bust and garbage and we have seen enough...got it

Where did I say he was a bust? I said I had concerns, and you should too. Ragging on the posters expressing those concerns is as ridiculous as those that are posting about past hall of famers struggling in their first year as some sort of proof he will become a success. Right now the vast majority of my vitriol is directed at Pace/Fox.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Tribs 178 attempts equal bust and garbage and we have seen enough...got it

Bringing objective stats to make a good point. Is this allowed on here?

------

If you guys want to really compare different eras, Terry Bradshaw was flat horrific for his first 4 or 5 seasons IIFC before becoming a HOFer.

-------
We all knew Trubs was raw talent. Same arguments were made about Floyd, Long, and continue against basically the entire 2017 draft class.

-------
Didn't Bears have 2 starting OL out today? And top 2 WRs & TE still on IR...last I checked having only 6 of 11 starters including a raw QB with shit depth against #1 DEF of 32 teams = huge mismatch.

Certainly expected more than this hot mess, but not with Fox & crew calling the backups & rookies. Sucks but hardly unexpected guys.

-------
If they still blow this badly against next few shitty opponents than go jumping off buildings. Either way, it's glorified practice time now & Fox is likely lame duck.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Where did I say he was a bust? I said I had concerns, and you should too. Ragging on the posters expressing those concerns is as ridiculous as those that are posting about past hall of famers struggling in their first year as some sort of proof he will become a success. Right now the vast majority of my vitriol is directed at Pace/Fox.

One I never said u called him a bust..but apparently the threads started on here the last couple of weeks you must have missed. Also 178 attempts has caused concern apparently and not so good feelings....dude has damn near no chance to succeed more than half the time. Yet enough has been seen to make us worry.

Also lmao at posting past HOF QBs as proof he will become a success...how about we dont know what he will be and after 178 attempts no one has a clue. The point is if they were judged after 178 throws, people would look pretty damn dumb right

SouthSpawn

Liked Posts:
Lol... I can't believe some of you guys are comparing Tribs Rookie Year to Mannings and Bree's. I went to Purdue and graduated the same year as Drew.
He started 3 years. Manning started all 4 years.

Tribs goes from a guy who only played what 12 games in college straight to the pros!!
He hasn't even had an offseason to develop in college!!!

Do we really expect this guy to do the same as Manning and Brees???

Tribs does look lost at times because it's clear that he is not completely being use to the speed of
The game as well as the big spotlight.

His play is descent right now, that's to be expected.
I actually thought he was going to be worse than what he is doing,

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
Ok. I’m a big Trubisky fan. Reason I am is because I think he can be a franchise quarterback. Now now but I’m the future. That’s a big if though. If people are wanting him to show something and it doesn’t come, oh well. Unlucky pick. But we ain’t going to know and you know damn well the coaches are not going to know until at least 4 years from now. So nothing is going to change that. Not what the fuck I think, what you think, or what anybody says. Sucks if he doesn’t pan out but the only way of knowing is by letting him play out 4 years.

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Its obvious u folks need to circle jerk each other and act like the comparison was made to act as if "thats what Mitch will be". I guess it would be to hard to acknowledge after 178 throws those guys looked like question marks too, but look how they turned out. Saying he can be good still is apparently "stupid too believe"

Here since everyone knew after Mannings first 185 throws he would be one of, if not the best QB to play the game..lol yeah ok

Peyton

185 att, 1227 yards, 5tds, 13 ints, 54.6 rating...with Faulk and Harrison

Tribs

178 atts, 1135 yards, 4 tds, 4 ints, 58 rating....umm, Howard and practice squad bums who get pointed out by announcers that they cant get any seperation.

But I guess you are right he shouldnt be able to do what Manning did in that many NFL attempts....oh wait....he is looking similar, so people who have hope that he can become good and hopefully franchise should just give up, because Tribs doesnt have 4 years of college exp and is not looking like Rodgers or Brady already after 6 games

Last edited:

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
Its obvious u folks need to circle jerk each other and act like the comparison was made to act as if "thats what Mitch will be". I guess it would be to hard to acknowledge after 178 throws those guys looked like question marks too, but look how they turned out. Saying he can be good still is apparently "stupid too believe"

Here since everyone knew after Mannings first 185 throws he would be one of, if not the best QB to play the game..lol yeah ok

Peyton

185 att, 1227 yards, 5tds, 13 ints, 54.6 rating...with Faulk and Harrison

Tribs

178 atts, 1135 yards, 4 tds, 4 ints, 58 rating....umm, Howard and practice squad bums who get pointed out by announcers that they cant get any seperation.

But I guess you are right he shouldnt be able to do what Manning did in that many NFL attempts....oh wait....he is looking similar, so people who have hope that he can become good and hopefully franchise should just give up, because Tribs doesnt have 4 years of college exp and is not looking like Rodgers or Brady already after 6 games

Wasted breath Calabis.
You're arguing with guys who says shit like Trubisky over throws his receivers. Then a paragraph later says he underthrows his receivers maybe he should over throw them and make them run under em.

I imagine most of the posts are just so if Mitch busts they can necro threads and try to gleem some glory out of it.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
I think Jared Goff, Sean McVay and the LA Rams give evidence to the impact of good coaching on a young QB and offense.

The Bears need to fire Fox, solidify the offensive line and get two more capable receivers then we can start really passing judgement on Trubisky.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I wanted Trubisky as much or more than anybody. But to be objective he was horrible yesterday and played as large of a role in that disaster as anybody on the Bears. The Eagles played an even larger role. I still have gigantic hope for Trubisky.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I just don’t agree the way most of you feel free to assume he’ll become the quintessential franchise Qb in time.

This. This assumption is everywhere on this board, but the minute someone questions the performance and progress, they're jumped all over like in Calabis' posts here. Apparently crowning him as a franchise QB/leader for the next 10 years/the next Wentz etc is perfectly ok, but any voicing of concern whatsoever is out of bounds.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don’t think it is reasonable to make any declarations about MT. And comparisons to other QBs, much less 1st ballot HoF, after less than a full year is silly. In hindsight, Pace should have got “his” QB earlier instead of waiting three years. If Fox and his staff could develop a QB they would be farther along. But Fox seems to be absolutely clueless right now, the team is worse, not better, because of him. I don’t think it is silly to have high expectations for MT if the Bears get the right coach. I don’t think MT is reverting or getting worse but the situation the Bears are in right now isn’t benefiting him, either.

So, “wait ‘till next year” is our mantra. Again.

If the Bears are even considering Fangio for HC, they should let Fox go and see how he does. This team laid down yesterday.

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wasted breath Calabis.
You're arguing with guys who says shit like Trubisky over throws his receivers. Then a paragraph later says he underthrows his receivers maybe he should over throw them and make them run under em.

I imagine most of the posts are just so if Mitch busts they can necro threads and try to gleem some glory out of it.

I know it's hard to keep up with where Trubisky's passes are going - hell, they're left, right, high, low, short ... Seemingly everywhere but where they're supposed to be. But let the shoopster try to clarify - The Frisky One is wildly inaccurate and short throws, and almost always short downfield. That is why the shoopster suggested he needs work on his deep ball. But the fact is, he needs help everywhere. That goes back to his mechanics, which are shit right now. The Bears need to address this now . . .