First time in 30 years.....

buckaroo2311

Liked Posts:
I have actually turned off the TV and walked away from watching a Bears game. This organization has hit rock bottom. It felt weird, but i moved on with my day.

And I have endured the likes of Henry Burris, Steve Stenstrom, The Wanny years, etc.

I don't even know how they can fix this shit show. Firing Fox is a good start.

I look forward to the reactions on this message board rather than the games.

buckaroo2311

Liked Posts:
you're reaching

there were some games during that trestman era that broke me down physically and mentally...back to back games in a single season..but yesterdays game was your final straw?

Yesterday was the one that made me walk away. Not saying I won't watch anymore, just saying that I just didn't give any fucks anymore. The trestman era was bad, but after all the hoopla and hiring Acorsi/Fox...etc.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
drama queen, really? stfu. There has been much worse, like the above mentioned back to back games in the Trestman era. At least here we played a top notch team.

This thread is as idiotic as the Pace will be fired if we don't beat SF thread.

buckaroo2311

Liked Posts:
drama queen, really? stfu. There has been much worse, like the above mentioned back to back games in the Trestman era. At least here we played a top notch team.

This thread is as idiotic as the Pace will be fired if we don't beat SF thread.

My thread, my thoughts. Trestman wasn't a highly touted head coach. I expected him to get out coached.

And those back to back games with Trestman we faced the then 6-2 Patriots and the 6-3 Packers. So, we faced two top notch teams.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Every week, someone says it's the first time in their life they've ever turned off/not watched a Bears game.

That says something about both the enduring spirit of the die-hard Bears fan through thick and thin, and of just how extra horrible the team has been as of recent years.

buckaroo2311

Liked Posts:
Every week, someone says it's the first time in their life they've ever turned off/not watched a Bears game.

That says something about both the enduring spirit of the die-hard Bears fan through thick and thin, and of just how extra horrible the team has been as of recent years.

That's my point. We had a total of 140 yards on offense. 6 yards rushing the entire game?

mecha

Liked Posts:
I was done after the Vikings MNF game. though in my defense, I don't do DVR, and I am awake late, I don't see 12 pm games until like maybe the 4th quarter?

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That's my point. We had a total of 140 yards on offense. 6 yards rushing the entire game?

Yeah when you can't run the ball at all, you have the worst receivers ever and the QB is 5 feet to high on every throw you are not going to gain yards.

buckaroo2311

Liked Posts:
Yeah when you can't run the ball at all, you have the worst receivers ever and the QB is 5 feet to high on every throw you are not going to gain yards.
Yep. We also have quite possibly the worst coaching staff in the league, and certainly the most out of touch ownership.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yep. We also have quite possibly the worst coaching staff in the league, and certainly the most out of touch ownership.

We are not nearly alone. Dallas and Giants were supposed to be Super Bowl candidates. Dallas fell apart and has like one TD in 3 games. The Giants can't score at all all year. KC has become dysfunctional the Giants are dysfunctional. San Fran and Cleveland are ridiculous. Most of those teams have more talent and experience than us. Not to mention Denver.

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have a lot of Bears fatigue too. It can be tough to watch the games where you don't see development, you know the entire thing will be turned over, and it just feels like you are wasting time until the end of the year. I went out and ran errands with my wife as opposed to watching the Packers game. I saw the result, and deleted it from my DVR. I wish I had done the same yesterday.

It also doesn't help that it's entirely too common of an occurrence.

swz01

Liked Posts:
I remember the Bears getting completely owned by Peyton Manning when he was still with the Colts at Soldier Field. Tom Brady kicked our ass at home once too

buckaroo2311

Liked Posts:
I have a lot of Bears fatigue too. It can be tough to watch the games where you don't see development, you know the entire thing will be turned over, and it just feels like you are wasting time until the end of the year. I went out and ran errands with my wife as opposed to watching the Packers game. I saw the result, and deleted it from my DVR. I wish I had done the same yesterday.

It also doesn't help that it's entirely too common of an occurrence.
PTSD. Post Trestman stress disorder. Just get on with the firing already. At this point that would be progress. Hard to justify buying merchandise, watching the games, etc. You know it's bad when you'd rather run errands with the wife. Lol

cobra302

Liked Posts:
I turned it off late 3rd qtr, but this wasn't the first time I've done so. Really tired of watching the futility & frustration of this ever rebuilding team. I didn't even get mad at the game yesterday, just kind of numb to the whole thing. Other teams seem to be able to assemble a talented group of players coached by a capable coaching staff. But not the Bears. A fairly long line of 1st round busts, when these are supposed to be your best players. It's gotten way beyond old.

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
You walked away from this game, but didn't walk away from Green Bay and New England in 2014??????

Those were fun bad. This last game was just agonizing, plus they still had a (technically) slight chance at the playoffs before those 50 Burgers. Also, Trestman was horrible yet Fox is the one that will have the worst winning pct. of any Bears HC.

buckaroo2311

Liked Posts:
Those were fun bad. This last game was just agonizing, plus they still had a (technically) slight chance at the playoffs before those 50 Burgers. Also, Trestman was horrible yet Fox is the one that will have the worst winning pct. of any Bears HC.
That's a prestigious milestone for Fox.