HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Even without accounting for family pedigree... slaying Belicheat, Brady and the Cheatriots twice alone cements his bust in Canton for me. His performances doubled the Lombardis in the Giants' trophy case. Floundering later in his career be damned. That is worth a lot.

I bet you any amount of money that if you gave Dan Marino the choice of trading away some of his career glory for a SB win he would do it in a heartbeat.

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
Jim Plunkett is a two time Super Bowl winning QB. Does he belong in the HOF? Then neither does Eli.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Jim Plunkett is a two time Super Bowl winning QB. Does he belong in the HOF? Then neither does Eli.

Opponent factors in BIG time on those SB wins chief. FWIW plenty of people already think Plunkett should be in the HOF anyways.

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
That second SB victory came VS a Joe Gibbs coached Washington team that was the 2nd best of the 80's.

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes

2 super bowl rings + MVP of both of them, he's currently top 10 all time in passing touchdowns and yards, there's no off the field or bad teammate BS that would be held against him....and he's going to pile on more stats because I don't think his career as a starting NFL QB is over.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I never did like Eli, but it is hard to argue against over 200 games started in a row and 2 super bowl wins.
He eventually gets in.

Honestly, I think the big 3 from that draft all make it in, with Rivers being the Marino of the bunch.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Even without accounting for family pedigree... slaying Belicheat, Brady and the Cheatriots twice alone cements his bust in Canton for me. His performances doubled the Lombardis in the Giants' trophy case. Floundering later in his career be damned. That is worth a lot.

I bet you any amount of money that if you gave Dan Marino the choice of trading away some of his career glory for a SB win he would do it in a heartbeat.

Finkel is Einhorn. Einhorn is Finkel

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That second SB victory came VS a Joe Gibbs coached Washington team that was the 2nd best of the 80's.

Oh really. That is cute. Eli Manning's SBMVP performances came against this era's greatest team and against arguably the best quarterback of all time. Talk about taking a shit on that comparison bud. Let me further put that into some perspective for you. In those two SB runs Eli and company won 5 road playoff games to reach those SBs and beat the Patriots. 5 of 6 games in hostile territory. Only one home game. Yeah. He's a HOFer.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
He wasn't the greatest qb but two Super bowl mvp's against brady. Seems like a lock to me.

Only one QB with two Super Bowls is not in the HOF. That is Jim Plunkett.

Edit: Shit, Tony beat me to it.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
He will get in easily. Two SB rings, two SB MVPs, and huge career yards and TDs numbers.

That said, he wasn't an all time great QB by any means, but he's got the numbers that count.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I never did like Eli, but it is hard to argue against over 200 games started in a row and 2 super bowl wins.
He eventually gets in.

Honestly, I think the big 3 from that draft all make it in, with Rivers being the Marino of the bunch.

Don't often agree with you but this time I do.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Only one QB with two Super Bowls is not in the HOF. That is Jim Plunkett.

Edit: Shit, Tony beat me to it.

They aren't letting a Mexican QB into the HOF.

:troll:

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Sorry man. Neither a defense alone nor luck alone wins you 5 road playoff games PLUS two SBs against the Patriots. That is just ridiculous.

Bort

Liked Posts:
Sorry man. Neither a defense alone nor luck alone wins you 5 road playoff games PLUS two SBs against the Patriots. That is just ridiculous.

Eli Manning's career playoff passer rating is 87.4. Joe Flacco's is 88.6. If Flacco lucks into another Super Bowl win, does that make him HoF worthy?

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Eli Manning's career playoff passer rating is 87.4. Joe Flacco's is 88.6. If Flacco lucks into another Super Bowl win, does that make him HoF worthy?

I would say so, yes. You don't really luck into two super bowl victories that are a number of years apart.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
There are lots of QBs in the HOF with pedestrian metrics.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams

Peyton Manning has an 87.4 playoff passer rating do you feel Peyton is a HOF QB?