Close

Default OT: College Players entering NBA

Seems the lengthening of people going to college is going to happen. Do people agree with this? IF so, how long do you think they should play in college?

I think they should play 2 years in college. I think that allows the NBA to evaluate the talent better. It would help college basketball with more stars staying.
    Hidden Content

"Cubs have morphed into one of the worst teams in baseball. Not a chance in hell they would win a single playoff game. Forum members and ESPN reporters claiming this is one of the best teams in history are fucking morons." Egg Scrambles prediction

The plan!

Hidden Content

2. A message from our sponsors.

Please Register(it's free!) and Login to get rid of this advertisement.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'd say 3 years, honestly.

I would like to see a variation on the MLB system. Players could go straight to the NBA out of high school but if they enroll in college they are ineligible for the NBA for 2 years (as opposed to 3 for MLB).

If you are old enough to die in war, you are old enough to play in the NBA. The league has had high schoolers in the past with mixed success. Just like 19, 20, 21 year old rookies. There is no reason to believe teams don't learn from mistakes and draw the same conclusions and concerns. To me, this is a move by the university lobby to create more revenue. Make NCAA great again, type people.

Roll back the 2005 CBA changes on eligibility. But Silver is a crook, I don't expect him to do it.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by jooo83 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would like to see a variation on the MLB system. Players could go straight to the NBA out of high school but if they enroll in college they are ineligible for the NBA for 2 years (as opposed to 3 for MLB).
    I like this idea. Straight outta high school or stay for 2.
    The very first Trubeliever

Hidden Content

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PolarBear For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by PolarBear View Post
    I like this idea. Straight outta high school or stay for 2.
    I think one and done hurts the college game more than the nba. Just let players be draft eligible after high school. Either make them stay 4 years and get a degree or dont force them to come at all.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Alpha Male For This Useful Post:

They should play two to three years. Not just one year. Get experience and character development.
    Ready For Christmas!

Retired Bandwagon Mod clonetrooper264's Avatar
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Definitely not one and done. I agree with letting them jump right out of high school or making them stay in college longer.
    Bulls season be like
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by jooo83 View Post
    This is what I'd aim for.

Though eventually I'd make it so they'd have to report to the G League first if they don't go to college. Teams could call them up after a certain point in the season.
    They pit the lifers against the new boy and the young against the old. The black against the white. Everything they do is to keep us in our place.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I like the baseball rule regarding high school athletes. If a major league team wants to draft a kid out of high school they can but if the kid doesn't want to accept the offer he cannot be signed until what would be his junior year in college. Personally, I do not think basketball players should be signed out of high school because they are not nearly developed enough to play on a professional level. Hell, very few 1st year college players can play with the pros. I think that right now, college basketball is pretty much a joke when you look at it. These kids coming in do not even go to class most of the time. It is a joke over-all.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoot26 View Post
    This is what I'd aim for.

Though eventually I'd make it so they'd have to report to the G League first if they don't go to college. Teams could call them up after a certain point in the season.
    Yea, I think this isn't a bad idea. Players that make the jump from HS to the NBA aren't necessarily fully contributing right away and need to adjust to the much higher level of play. G league would provide a nice bridge. I would still allow the players that jump from HS to the NBA to participate in summer league, and maybe even the preseason.

Abolish the age limit.

16. A message from our sponsors.
    Please Register(it's free!) and Login to get rid of this advertisement.

Do you want to advertise with ChiCitySports?
    Ranked #1 Chicagoland sports news and message board online.
    A great opportunity for advertising and exposure, with an active base of fresh consumers always looking for sports-related items and miscellaneous "guy stuff".
    Please go here if you are interested in a multitude of placements on this site.