Close
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Quick! Someone go dig up the corpse of Jim Finks!!!!
    “Sincerity is the key to success. Once you can fake that, you’ve got it made.” Groucho Marx

2. A message from our sponsors.

Please Register(it's free!) and Login to get rid of this advertisement.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Since when have the Bears ever been a copycat franchise? They don't give a shit about the rest of the league. This is blatantly apparent. You're also using some hell of a revisionist history there. The Rams hired what turned out to be a good head coach but he wasn't one of the hottest names at all. He only even began to rise as a "hot name" once teams found out how well he was doing in the interviews and that was around the time the Rams had brought him in for a 2nd interview. He was also the 2nd coach to receive a 2nd interview from the Rams. So its not like they were sold immediately either.

Using the Giants as an example is laughable. You're assuming they will land a top HC just because the media is telling you. Lets see what actually happens. Gase is even further laughable if you're trying to call him a great hire. I bet you nearly anything Gase won't last past next season. The Phins are another organization that have no concept of continuity.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to xer0h0ur For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by westcoast bear fanatic View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would like to know why John Fox was brought back to coach the 2017 season to begin with once they jettisoned Cutler. It's a fireable offense to think John Fox should oversee the Trubisky development.
    I think he was hoping Glennon would be a little more dumpster and a little less dumpster fire to bridge Trubisky to the next coaching regime.
    "Find out what the other team wants to do. Then take it away from them."
    George Halas

“When I played pro football, I never set out to hurt anyone deliberately - unless it was, you know, important, like a league game or something."
    Dick Butkus

Quote Originally Posted by Ditka19861 View Post
    I think he was hoping Glennon would be a little more dumpster and a little less dumpster fire to bridge Trubisky to the next coaching regime.
    He expected Glennon to be good enough to be a one year rental while they developed Trubisky. I still have a feeling Mitch wouldn't have even played this season had Glennon been okay enough.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xer0h0ur For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCity View Post
    Then we have a pansy as our GM.

Pace convinced the Mcaskeys to spend 100 million on Halas Hall, but he can't convince them to fire John Fox 4 weeks early?
    100 million on facilities matters and can make a difference. Firing your coach a few weeks early does not. The best people in management know what battles to pick and what battles to leave alone. Do you believe firing fox midseason would increase attendance from here on out? Viewership?

What do you think will be gleaned from firing him? Is Ryan Pace incapable of determining whether Fangio could run a team based on him running half the team already? I honestly want to know. The only thing that's accomplished by firing fox is the McCaskeys wasting money.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Bearin' Down For This Useful Post:

There in 0 chance that pace gets fired.. you think the McCaskies are going to not only eat a year of foxes salary.. but 2 years of paces salary as well? Oh and don't forget they then will have to pay someone to pick the next GM for them as well..

No chance

Sent from my Z988 using Tapatalk

11. The Following User Says Thank You to dbldrew For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dbldrew View Post
    There in 0 chance that pace gets fired.. you think the McCaskies are going to not only eat a year of foxes salary.. but 2 years of paces salary as well? Oh and don't forget they then will have to pay someone to pick the next GM for them as well..

No chance

Sent from my Z988 using Tapatalk
    And Pace just convinced them to spend millions to double the size of Halas Hall. Doesn't sound like something the team would approve for a GM on his way out.

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to xer0h0ur For This Useful Post:

Bills Board Hall of Famer ruprecht's Avatar
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by xer0h0ur View Post
    And Pace just convinced them to spend millions to double the size of Halas Hall. Doesn't sound like something the team would approve for a GM on his way out.
    This place is menstrual at least half the time.
    Well, that's no ordinary rabbit.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to ruprecht For This Useful Post:

I think it is time to get rid of sweaty Teddy, Phillips needs to go and if more fans were clamoring for this it might happen. I rarely even hear his name mentioned.
    Bring in a new VP and if he wants to keep Pace so be it, if he has his own guys, bring them in.
    Back to back seasons like we have had is inexcusable at every level of management.
    Disclaimer: I'm not a sports agent, a player, a coach, or an NFL front office exec. I don't play one on TV, and I didn't sleep at a Holiday Inn Express last night. So basically, there's a good chance I'm full of BS.

Quote Originally Posted by benplace View Post
    I think it is time to get rid of sweaty Teddy, Phillips needs to go and if more fans were clamoring for this it might happen. I rarely even hear his name mentioned.
    Bring in a new VP and if he wants to keep Pace so be it, if he has his own guys, bring them in.
    Back to back seasons like we have had is inexcusable at every level of management.
    The roster was already blown up by Pace and is slowly being rebuilt. You want to start that all over again? Because that is literally how you remain the Chicago Browns. Wake. The. Fuck. Up. GM continuity is beyond necessary to stop this shit.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xer0h0ur For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by benplace View Post
    Do you really think this is how this happens?

Quote Originally Posted by xer0h0ur View Post
    The roster was already blown up by Pace and is slowly being rebuilt. You want to start that all over again? Because that is literally how you remain the Chicago Browns. Wake. The. Fuck. Up. GM continuity is beyond necessary to stop this shit.
    Well we have been through two regime changes now and this one is just as bad as the last. We can't get rid of the owners, so thats the next logical step...
    Disclaimer: I'm not a sports agent, a player, a coach, or an NFL front office exec. I don't play one on TV, and I didn't sleep at a Holiday Inn Express last night. So basically, there's a good chance I'm full of BS.

Quote Originally Posted by Noonthirtyjoe View Post
    Pace can not fire Fox until after the season is over. Why post about something that can't happen. Pace has no choice here.
    He can fire him whenever he wants.

And if he did want to fire fox and they didn't allow it, he's a fucking pussy if he doesn't quit.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by shoopster View Post
    Don't shoot the messenger, 'KFC; I just took it off chicity's homepage . . .

. . . Not "retarded" at all, though - the Pacester's seat is getting warm. 12-and-32 will do that to it . . .
    If you took it off of this site's home page then that explains everything. You might want to try a better Source next time

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    Not only won’t Pace get fired he will get a 3 year extension. He will get to pick his coach and sink or swim with him. The key to everything is Trubisky, so he better make his selection with that in mind, and it’s time to spend in FA not lowball quality only to sign a bunch of worthless quantity. Or he will be gone and we will suck for another 4 years at a minimum.
    You and I completely agree. I think Ryan Pace will get a contract that matches up with whatever coach he hires.

And the media who wants Pace out as well as idiot fans who want to fire everyone every year so we can be like the Browns will be up in arms melting down and it will be glorious.

The truth of it though is that you are right. Everything will be on the line now as Pace will have his quarterback and his head coach. His future will absolutely be tied to those two and if they can't turn it around in the time frame of the head coach's contract, they will have everything all lined up for a clean sweep, which frankly is how a well-run organization is supposed to do it.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Teddy KGB For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by iueyedoc View Post
    Yet none of these coaches could be or were interviewed until season's completion, so it matters not.

What is the point of firing Fox other than making you feel better?
    Do you think Loggains or Fangio are potential HC's?
    Do you think they are even capable of conducting themselves as a HC for 4 weeks?
    What advantage do they present? Loggains can't even throw together a game plan beyond his scripted 15.
    Fangio has his hands full just trying to make his defense not turn to shit.

As bad as Fox is those two could somehow even be worse in the last 4 weeks.
    Exactly that. Firing Fox is simply a feel better for the fans. It does nothing to help the Bears, and the people trying to swing it that it does are simply trying to convince the Bears to make them feel better.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy KGB View Post
    If you took it off of this site's home page then that explains everything. You might want to try a better Source next time

weird that you would call out someone else's sources when you gave us this gem of a thread:

http://www.chicitysports.com/forum/s...44#post2886044

Teddy KFC at his finest
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by dabears70 Hidden Content
    I would. Please come to Orlando so i can choke you the fuck out.

Hidden Content

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gpphat For This Useful Post:

The giants fired everyone mow because they can start to look for a new GM immediately, and will need to get that GM in place before the end of the season so they don't end up having to pick from the leftovers. The Bears are not in the same situation.

Now, if the McCaskey's wanted to fire Pace, they would likely do what the Giants did and do it now. The fact they aren't shows Pace WILL be back...

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Visionman For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

When we get blown out at home vs the Browns the stink will be too much for Pace to escape and he'll have to go to along with Fox

Monday Morning QB playthrough2001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mongo_76 View Post
    He can fire him whenever he wants.

And if he did want to fire fox and they didn't allow it, he's a fucking pussy if he doesn't quit.
    So he's a pussy if he doesn't quit a job that only has 32 possible openings because his bosses give him input on what is basically an inconsequential decision? You should apply that logic to your own career.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to playthrough2001 For This Useful Post:

They really don't have a coach worthing giving a shot.

Most importantly, if they gave it to Fangio or Loggains and they went 4-0 to finish the season, there would be pressure to hire that guy as the full time coach.

Pace just wants to die on its own, get a good draft pick and make a clean sweep at the end of the season. Maybe fire him with 2 games left just to make a statement.

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BearDownZZ For This Useful Post:

^ My name. What I say--> Starion's Avatar
    Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by iueyedoc View Post
    Pace is not getting fired, period.

It's more likely that Fox returns than Pace gets fired and neither will happen.

Anyone suggesting Pace will be fired is eith ignoring or football ignorant of how much better the personnel on this team is versus the aged, zero talent, zero depth, zero locker room discipline team he took over. The first coaching hire was almost assured to be sacrificial due to the inevitable poor record. Fox still was a good hire for the 1st 2 years to get legitimacy back to the staff and around the league with players and coaches and he probably could have 8 and 8'ed his way to a 4th year, but he seems to have almost scuttled his own tenure. Maybe his home is completed in The Villages retirement community and he just wants to play bocce ball and pickle ball with his peers.

Disagree.

There's NO WAY that Fox is spry enough to play pickleball!

The rest of it I fully agree with.

36. A message from our sponsors.
    Please Register(it's free!) and Login to get rid of this advertisement.

Do you want to advertise with ChiCitySports?
    Ranked #1 Chicagoland sports news and message board online.
    A great opportunity for advertising and exposure, with an active base of fresh consumers always looking for sports-related items and miscellaneous "guy stuff".
    Please go here if you are interested in a multitude of placements on this site.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast