Close

Thread: Rare optimism

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Rare optimism

Seeing if other fans feel the same way as me.

I know Jerry is a fucktard, I think Gar belongs in a mall somewhere dressed as Santa. Pax has too many ego issues to be in management. I know this broken record, and would love to see them all get replaced. The league is fucked and top heavy with a commissioner that seems to spearhead a lot of policies that continue and increase that trend, which I hope he 180s soon. But as a realist, that's not going to happen(at least not any time soon) and just want to enjoy some entertainment, for that simple fact, it's entertainment.

All that being said, for a shitty ass team, this Bulls team is actually a lot of fun to watch. Maybe it's all those years of drafting 'high-bball-IQ' guys, but they get creative on the floor and it shows a lot of promise. It's not like watching the baby Bulls all over again and we're seeing bursts from unlikely players all the time. A low-expectation environment, as many players have put it, and it's working.

Out of the last so many games, the Bulls were doing a good job beating up middle of the pack teams for 2-3 quarters, then simply shutting down to still get that loss. I think these players have bought into the idea that the team is tanking, put in that 100% effort, then shut it down. A lot of good and bad comes with this style of development, because learning how to close out games is not just flipping on a switch. However, for all intents and purposes, it will keep the Bulls in a place where they get top odds for a top draft pick.
    A lot of the stars that know how to win games are simply getting old, so by the time this team comes full circle(and that is really the ONLY hope for a Bulls fan right now) in the next few seasons, they should be a contender again. I still want those fucktards gone, but I like a lot more about this team, this situation, than I have over the last 4-5 seasons of "just blow it up already". And most importantly, I can enjoy watching games with no expectations(other than expecting a top pick).

Anyone else kind of feel similarly?

2. A message from our sponsors.

Please Register(it's free!) and Login to get rid of this advertisement.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm not local so I don't get to watch them much, but a young core of Dunn, Lavine, Markkanen, and say Luka Doncic or Bagely or Ayton would be a pretty good starting point.

Retired Bandwagon Mod clonetrooper264's Avatar
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I see what you're saying. I'm just not sure if we can tell if they collapse in the 4th out of design or because they really can't close out games. For now, it doesn't matter, but the part of me who still cares does wonder. It was a glorious collapse last night though. I have been impressed with Dunn of late. He doesn't seem quite as trash as I imagined. Still has a ways to go, but you can see the talent that got him drafted so high at least.
    Bulls season be like
    Hidden Content

Silicon Valley CA Bears H RacerX's Avatar
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Well, at least Jerry has his much-needed $3.5mm.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...-chicago-bulls

We can definitely say that Bulls have made a great deal with Butler trade and basically gotten their future core (PG Dunn, SG Lavine, 7th pick - PF Markannen).
    When you add another surefire Top 3 pick from 2018 Draft (PF/C Bagley or C Ayton), then I think Bulls fans have something to look for in the future.

They will basically be set at 4/5 starting positions (plus Valentine and Portis seem like a decent baskups), with only SF as a future need.

Silicon Valley CA Bears H RacerX's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We can definitely say that Bulls have made a great deal with Butler trade and basically gotten their future core (PG Dunn, SG Lavine, 7th pick - PF Markannen).
    When you add another surefire Top 3 pick from 2018 Draft (PF/C Bagley or C Ayton), then I think Bulls fans have something to look for in the future.

They will basically be set at 4/5 starting positions (plus Valentine and Portis seem like a decent baskups), with only SF as a future need.
    Makannen is TBD. The rest of that team, none of them start on a serious playoff contender, they are rotational scraps on a good team.

This is junk, long-term, gtfo with that false hope.

Quote Originally Posted by RacerX View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Makannen is TBD. The rest of that team, none of them start on a serious playoff contender, they are rotational scraps on a good team.

This is junk, long-term, gtfo with that false hope.
    I don't know if there rotational scraps. I think all 3 players can be starters on a winning team. I believe Lauri has a chance to be a good #2 option on a winning team. Lavine can definitely be a starter on a good team. Dunn has showed the potential to be winning point guard. None of them will become elite superstars, but I think there's a decent chance all 3 r above average starters. If the Bulls can find a star in next years draft this team could have the pieces to become a true contender relatively quickly.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Iceman2385 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I like what the bulls are doing. Gotta give credit to garpax which I hate doing. They got rid of jimmy while he had some value. Now they will get a top 3 pick in the draft and can build around dunn and lauri

11. A message from our sponsors.
    Please Register(it's free!) and Login to get rid of this advertisement.

Do you want to advertise with ChiCitySports?
    Ranked #1 Chicagoland sports news and message board online.
    A great opportunity for advertising and exposure, with an active base of fresh consumers always looking for sports-related items and miscellaneous "guy stuff".
    Please go here if you are interested in a multitude of placements on this site.