Too bad Baker Mayfield..

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
I'd take mayfield if he is on the board. Next year is trubs prove it year. Prove it or next man up.

MikeDitka

Liked Posts:
Mayfield is killing it right now. But the NFL is a different animal. He should get drafted late 1st or early 2nd. So we'll see

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Is there any chance that you could go back to talking normal Aussie? I'm not sure who exactly you're mocking, but it's getting a little old. IDK, maybe I'm the only one.

Literally!!!!

SUPERFAN

YUUUGE member
Liked Posts:
Are you saying a person can't reevaluate his position on a player?

To be fair though
the Baers could fuck up a cup of coffee
our administration is a joke top to bottom
billichek and his staff would have frisky trubiski ballin out

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You also became a fan of Trubs after seeing him play in the preseason and then turned on him after or right around the Packers game.

Incorrect, and as usual on this board, completely emotional. What I've done is recognize how green he is and how much development he needs before he's ready to play to the level of his physical talent.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Mayfield doesn't translate as well as Darnold or Rosen. Smaller, gunslinging offense, not super athletic,etc.

AussieBear

Is there any chance that you could go back to talking normal Aussie? I'm not sure who exactly you're mocking, but it's getting a little old. IDK, maybe I'm the only one.

eber thank dis be me vocab.. im just a dumb unemjamakated guy.. so many haters..... sooooo as da baker puts it..

[video=youtube;wCVPzCo2CUI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCVPzCo2CUI[/video]

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Yeah another big 12 qb bust. Here's a hint: they don't play defense in that shitty conference. Their brand of football is similar to that crap thats played north of the border.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Incorrect, and as usual on this board, completely emotional. What I've done is recognize how green he is and how much development he needs before he's ready to play to the level of his physical talent.

Ummmmmmm i think you're backing off of it some and that you have definitely changed your thoughts on him but whatever, i guess it's alright to flip flop on players this early in their careers. You were talking about how he was regressing in one of the game day threads. It's not like any of us know how he's gonna turn out anyway even though some think they do. This offseason is so big in so many ways and could help or hurt so many people if certain decisions that get made this offseason don't end up being the right decisions.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Ummmmmmm i think you're backing off of it some and that you have definitely changed your thoughts on him but whatever, i guess it's alright to flip flop on players this early in their careers.

I've already told you what I think about Trubisky. I don't think he's ready and at this point I don't think he's good. I do think he has a lot of talent and I think it's going to take really good coaching to bring that talent to fruition in a productive way in the NFL. I haven't flip flopped or backed off anything.

You say things like that to people whose opinions you don't like because it's easier to set aside their points without having to address them. You do this all the time with posters, telling them what they think. It's a weird kind of gaslighting you use to avoid football truths your homerism can't handle. All of your many detractors on here see through it very easily so you might as well quit and just stick to the points people make, and refute them if you're able.

Last edited:

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I've already told you what I think about Trubisky. I don't think he's ready and at this point I don't think he's good. I do think he has a lot of talent and I think it's going to take really good coaching to bring that talent to fruition in a productive way in the NFL. I haven't flip flopped or backed off anything.

You say things like that to people whose opinions you don't like because it's easier to set aside their points without having to address them. You do this all the time with posters, telling them what they think. It's a weird kind of gaslighting you use to avoid football truths your homerism can't handle.

Now, how about you stick to your own thoughts and stop trying to live inside my head telling me what I think and to what degrees.

You and I were regularly thanking each other on our posts regarding Watson during the off-season. I'm surprised how quickly you've rushed to judgement on Trubisky. Many of the intangibles a QB needs to be successful are sorely lacking on this team. Scheme and the supporting cast are huge factors for a QB. Consistent protection is another important consideration. I'm not sure what you were expecting to see but I think he's done pretty well considering the situation he's in. Also, I wonder what Watson would have done here. I think his stats would be slightly better but not by much. I don't care how great a leader he is, he still can't turn Josh Bellamy or Inman into stars. Also, the injury nags at me too. I'm sure Pace would be getting killed if Watson tore his ACL here and I wonder how much a tear in each knee affects his future. I know I'd be pissed right now if he was a Bear with that injury just because the team has dealt with so many the last few years and considering the White fiasco.
I was a Mahomes or Watson guy but Mitch has impressed me with his attitude, talent and willingness to work his ass off. Mitch has had a number of plays that if they had turned in his favor would certainly would have improved his resume.

How about:

The Miller reversal against NO...

The Inman drop on the last drive against GB...

The Cunningham pylon play...

The Barth miss after Trubisky's awesome 4th down run and subsequent strike to Inman to set up the FG attempt...

I'm going to let it play out and give the kid my support. Take it easy Mick and go Bears.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You and I were regularly thanking each other on our posts regarding Watson during the off-season. I'm surprised how quickly you've rushed to judgement on Trubisky.

I've asked this before but I still don't get it. I'll just copy what I said in my last post as it's a good microcosm of my overall thoughts on his right now.

I don't think he's ready and at this point I don't think he's good. I do think he has a lot of talent and I think it's going to take really good coaching to bring that talent to fruition in a productive way in the NFL.

I simply don't understand how this can be taken as any kind of final judgement. It's not just me, many posters have expressed similar thoughts, always to be told that they're wrong to call him a bust. But nobody is calling him a bust. Nobody is saying he can't get better.

Help me out. What it is about that opinion that makes anyone misconstrue it as some kind of final judgement on his whole career?

I don't know how Number 51, Spartan or anyone else feels, but I'm starting to find it unbelievably exhausting to have to constantly defend my thoughts (which are mirrored by many people in the industry, btw) on this.

I understand that Bears fans are desperate to finally have a legit franchise QB and everyone wants it to work out, but this knee-jerk defensiveness over any critical analysis of his progress whatsoever is just beyond the pale.

Washington

Liked Posts:
I've asked this before but I still don't get it. I'll just copy what I said in my last post as it's a good microcosm of my overall thoughts on his right now.

I simply don't understand how this can be taken as any kind of final judgement. It's not just me, many posters have expressed similar thoughts, always to be told that they're wrong to call him a bust. But nobody is calling him a bust. Nobody is saying he can't get better.

Help me out. What it is about that opinion that makes anyone misconstrue it as some kind of final judgement on his whole career?

I don't know how Number 51, Spartan or anyone else feels, but I'm starting to find it unbelievably exhausting to have to constantly defend my thoughts (which are mirrored by many people in the industry, btw) on this.

I understand that Bears fans are desperate to finally have a legit franchise QB and everyone wants it to work out, but this knee-jerk defensiveness over any critical analysis of his progress whatsoever is just beyond the pale.

I remember well how you wanted Watson but after Pace chose Trubisky you were 100% on board with that. Nothing you have posted is contrary to that. I don't know where the people get their ideas from sometimes. And, there is nothing wrong with coming to the realization you did about Trubisky not being ready to be an NFL QB. I am there too. I wanted Trubisky at #1 and while I am still optimistic, it is cautious optimism now. I was wowed in the preseason and now I am just not seeing those same signs I saw then. I'm hoping that with more weapons, some better coaching and some confidence, he'll still become what we all hoped he would.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
If Mayfield were drafted by the Bears his career would be ruined

HansGruber

INFIDEL
Liked Posts:
Baker is a winner just like Watson,if Pace if fired the new GM should draft him and the best QB should start.

Its all about the QB and Trubisky needs a fire lit under his ass

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Baker is a winner just like Watson,if Pace if fired the new GM should draft him and the best QB should start.

If Trubisky needs a fire lit under his ass, he’s already a bust.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:

I agree.