Too bad Baker Mayfield..

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It worked for drew brees.

Alfalfa, if Trubisky doesn’t give a shit in his first year as a pro, he’s David Carr 2.0. So either bench him if that’s the case, otherwise you go all in with Trubisky. This two high draft pick QB nonsense is ridiculous.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
Alfalfa, if Trubisky doesn’t give a shit in his first year as a pro, he’s David Carr 2.0. So either bench him if that’s the case, otherwise you go all in with Trubisky. This two high draft pick QB nonsense is ridiculous.

If trubisky is a bust and the bears pass on a can't miss qb prospect there will be a lot of folks here criticizing the move. It's better to be safe and sorry especially if the best qb is still on the board.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I've asked this before but I still don't get it. I'll just copy what I said in my last post as it's a good microcosm of my overall thoughts on his right now.

I simply don't understand how this can be taken as any kind of final judgement. It's not just me, many posters have expressed similar thoughts, always to be told that they're wrong to call him a bust. But nobody is calling him a bust. Nobody is saying he can't get better.

Help me out. What it is about that opinion that makes anyone misconstrue it as some kind of final judgement on his whole career?

I don't know how Number 51, Spartan or anyone else feels, but I'm starting to find it unbelievably exhausting to have to constantly defend my thoughts (which are mirrored by many people in the industry, btw) on this.

I understand that Bears fans are desperate to finally have a legit franchise QB and everyone wants it to work out, but this knee-jerk defensiveness over any critical analysis of his progress whatsoever is just beyond the pale.

The Trubisky fan boys are just defensive because Watson looked so good before he got hurt. Anything that is not 100% positive about Trubisky is taken as "Trubisky is a bust" talk because they are secretly worried that Trubisky might be a bust.

Saying that a rookie QB, any rookie QB, is not ready to be a star QB is the norm. Sure, Trubisky can improve if the play calling is anything beyond high school level play calling. However; the greatest offensive minds aren't going to change the work he has to do to improve his poor foot placement that is causing his accuracy issues. It is just part of some of the things he has to work on during the offseason.

Will he be a bust? Only time will tell. However; he seems to have the work ethic to work on the things he needs to improve.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
The Trubisky fan boys are just defensive because Watson looked so good before he got hurt. Anything that is not 100% positive about Trubisky is taken as "Trubisky is a bust" talk because they are secretly worried that Trubisky might be a bust.

Saying that a rookie QB, any rookie QB, is not ready to be a star QB is the norm. Sure, Trubisky can improve if the play calling is anything beyond high school level play calling. However; the greatest offensive minds aren't going to change the work he has to do to improve his poor foot placement that is causing his accuracy issues. It is just part of some of the things he has to work on during the offseason.

Will he be a bust? Only time will tell. However; he seems to have the work ethic to work on the things he needs to improve.

He was responding to my post and I am hardly a Trubisky fanboy.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
If trubisky is a bust and the bears pass on a can't miss qb prospect there will be a lot of folks here criticizing the move. It's better to be safe and sorry especially if the best qb is still on the board.

Which one of the 2018 guys is a can’t miss prospect? It certainly isn’t Mayfield.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Too bad.. you could have been a bearz.. but chicago dun fuckd it up... congrats on the award winning season... you short ass rex rus wilson breezzz

[video=youtube;ZprJbOgROps]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZprJbOgROps[/video]

Baker mayfield is an immature ass. Manziel 2.0

Mjiton

Liked Posts:

Exaggeration

AussieBear

Baker mayfield is an immature ass. Manziel 2.0

an immature 22 yr old.. im sure dat be a rare thing in life..cause most 22 yr old kids got they shit together right... i mean did you see that dumb fuck who cemented his head in a microwave da ova day.....but manziel 2.0.. not even close.

Johnny was a golden spoon fed child given everything as a person. As a football player, he was a one read and flee qb with a questionable intermediate/deep game. he couldnt even handle starting out as a backup for millions.. no self belief...

On the other hand, Baker earned everything he be gotz. Got fucked over at tech and went and took that shit at OU after sitting a year because of tech not signing his release. First ever true freshman walk on qb to start a season opener at a fbs school while at tech.... talk about self belief.. dedication and dat moxy yo..

Not only is he a two time ncaa passing efficiency rating single season record holder after breaking his own shit again dis yurr... hes the career leader as well. while he will use his feet from time to time, hes a pass first qb who can be reads the d..who be accurate and has dat intermediate/deep game.. sure, he needs some work.. but still.. boi gotz sum game ...

cocky like manziel.. sure.. tom brady is a cocky fuck.. brees, rodgers..dey cocky as fuck too.. dat dont botha me one bit.. but no point in talking much about da boi other than congratulating him..... cause da burrs done fucked up da baker plan.. and dem aint got da balls to take baker after tribs dis yurr..

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
an immature 22 yr old.. im sure dat be a rare thing in life..cause most 22 yr old kids got they shit together right... i mean did you see that dumb fuck who cemented his head in a microwave da ova day.....but manziel 2.0.. not even close.

Johnny was a golden spoon fed child given everything as a person. As a football player, he was a one read and flee qb with a questionable intermediate/deep game. he couldnt even handle starting out as a backup for millions.. no self belief...

On the other hand, Baker earned everything he be gotz. Got fucked over at tech and went and took that shit at OU after sitting a year because of tech not signing his release. First ever true freshman walk on qb to start a season opener at a fbs school while at tech.... talk about self belief.. dedication and dat moxy yo..

Not only is he a two time ncaa passing efficiency rating single season record holder after breaking his own shit again dis yurr... hes the career leader as well. while he will use his feet from time to time, hes a pass first qb who can be reads the d..who be accurate and has dat intermediate/deep game.. sure, he needs some work.. but still.. boi gotz sum game ...

cocky like manziel.. sure.. tom brady is a cocky fuck.. brees, rodgers..dey cocky as fuck too.. dat dont botha me one bit.. but no point in talking much about da boi other than congratulating him..... cause da burrs done fucked up da baker plan.. and dem aint got da balls to take baker after tribs dis yurr..

Cool. He can go play in the CFL. The Big 12 doesn't play football. They play basketball on grass.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I've already told you what I think about Trubisky. I don't think he's ready and at this point I don't think he's good. I do think he has a lot of talent and I think it's going to take really good coaching to bring that talent to fruition in a productive way in the NFL. I haven't flip flopped or backed off anything.

You say things like that to people whose opinions you don't like because it's easier to set aside their points without having to address them. You do this all the time with posters, telling them what they think. It's a weird kind of gaslighting you use to avoid football truths your homerism can't handle. All of your many detractors on here see through it very easily so you might as well quit and just stick to the points people make, and refute them if you're able.

I just go off of what i read on here in different threads but some people don't like getting called out when they're wrong and instead of saying that maybe they were wrong about that player they'll dance around it with BS answers. Have you not noticed by now that i don't give a shit about who likes me or doesn't on here? lol. It's a message board of some real Bears fans and some fake Bears fans. Some think they know more then they really do about football and the Bears. The people that come on here every single day throwing their hate around don't like me cause i'm actually optimistic about what Pace is doing and still have hope that things will come together and they don't like that, so they come at me and i go back at them and don't back down when it's 7 on 1. I think the fans that don't like fans that are optimistic about this team are the ones with the problems.

Just for the record, i have a lot of respect for you Mick and your knowledge of the game as well as a few others that i have heated debates with on here but then you have those clowns that have no respect for anyone on here and that's the clowns i don't like. The NoSack crew are the clowns.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I've asked this before but I still don't get it. I'll just copy what I said in my last post as it's a good microcosm of my overall thoughts on his right now.

I simply don't understand how this can be taken as any kind of final judgement. It's not just me, many posters have expressed similar thoughts, always to be told that they're wrong to call him a bust. But nobody is calling him a bust. Nobody is saying he can't get better.

Help me out. What it is about that opinion that makes anyone misconstrue it as some kind of final judgement on his whole career?

I don't know how Number 51, Spartan or anyone else feels, but I'm starting to find it unbelievably exhausting to have to constantly defend my thoughts (which are mirrored by many people in the industry, btw) on this.

I understand that Bears fans are desperate to finally have a legit franchise QB and everyone wants it to work out, but this knee-jerk defensiveness over any critical analysis of his progress whatsoever is just beyond the pale.

But to be fair that's not the only post you've made about Trubisky and what you think about him. I've seen you make some posts about him in gameday threads that would make you think you don't believe in him. It could of been just frustration though since it was the game thread and more than likely things weren't going well for the Bears at that time.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I remember well how you wanted Watson but after Pace chose Trubisky you were 100% on board with that. Nothing you have posted is contrary to that. I don't know where the people get their ideas from sometimes. And, there is nothing wrong with coming to the realization you did about Trubisky not being ready to be an NFL QB. I am there too. I wanted Trubisky at #1 and while I am still optimistic, it is cautious optimism now. I was wowed in the preseason and now I am just not seeing those same signs I saw then. I'm hoping that with more weapons, some better coaching and some confidence, he'll still become what we all hoped he would.

Good post and points. I don't think anyone is saying there's anything wrong with changing your mind on Trubs after watching these games. Things have been bad so of course people are gonna start thinking differently about not only Trubs but many things with the Bears when things are going so bad for this team. It sounded to me that he didn't think Trubs was gonna be a good NFL QB in certain posts but when you're reading someone's words and not hearing them then things can sound a way they weren't meant to sound so maybe i just took it a wrong way.

AussieBear

Cool. He can go play in the CFL. The Big 12 doesn't play football. They play basketball on grass.

whats the acc be do mitch?

anyway...

27-35 @ 77.1% fer 386 yards 3 TDs 0 INTs vs D Ohio State dis year... do da ohio st play defense?

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
eyes to see them open wrs and the accuracy to get them da ball.. 129-29....... career td-ints...

was hoping he came outz last yurr.. but eh...

wish mitch would see the open guys as well as da baker..

He has definetly improved each year....do the Browns take him?