Jordan Howard

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Glad to have Howard, and he has proved you can find a very good running back in the middle/late rounds. But let’s not compare him to Elliott please, because Elliott is faster and a much better receiver.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
Zeke was mentioned before my post. That's what I was referring too.

RB's better than Howard -

- Leveon Bell
- Ezekiel Elliott
- Todd Gurley
- Leonard Fournette
- Devonta Freeman
- David Johnson
Better athletes playing the rb position *** fixed it for you

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Howard is hands down the best in the game running the ball!

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Glad to have Howard, and he has proved you can find a very good running back in the middle/late rounds. But let’s not compare him to Elliott please, because Elliott is faster and a much better receiver.

Except Howard is available because he's not a dipshit.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Better athletes playing the rb position *** fixed it for you

You can make an argument he is better than a few of those guys but there is no way you can say Howard is better than Leveon, Johnson, Zeke or Gurley.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
David Johnson is an elite back and also basically a good #2 receiver. There's nothing like him.

I agree that Leveon, Zeke, and Gurley are better talents than Howard, but Zeke isnt necessarily a more important player. He also had the best OL of the decade last year.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:

If you just watch the two play, it's really not this hard. You can bring up whatever stats you want.

Ezekiel Elliott is a better RB than Jordan howard. Even if you want to make the argument that Howard is a better pure runner of the football, the difference Zeke makes in the passing game as a receiver and blocker outweighs the difference between them as runners.

I don't think you even have an argument running the ball.

AustinIllini

Lifetime of futility
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Dallas Stars
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
If you just watch the two play, it's really not this hard. You can bring up whatever stats you want.

Ezekiel Elliott is a better RB than Jordan howard. Even if you want to make the argument that Howard is a better pure runner of the football, the difference Zeke makes in the passing game as a receiver and blocker outweighs the difference between them as runners.

Elliott is truly an incredible specimen. He's definitely better, but that's not a big deal.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
Zeke is a better blocker ??

Leveon bell is the only rb that I'd take over Jordan howard at this time but i enjoy Jordan howard as our teams RB.

AustinIllini

Lifetime of futility
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Dallas Stars
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini

Leveon bell is the only rb that I'd take over Jordan howard at this time but i enjoy Jordan howard as our teams RB.

Yes. By quite a margin.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:

Zeke was known to be a very good blocker even coming out of college. Zeke has no fear getting physical with linebackers and DL

BearsJR

Liked Posts:

Not trying to be argumentative (really), but if Zeke is so much better as a runner, and I'm sure we can all agree that the Cowboys O line, QB, passing game, and overall offense were better than the Bears last year, then how did Howard have a better average? Am I missing something? Did Howard have some 50-80 yard runs that skewed the stats? I'll admit the my opinion is biased because I have no love for the Cowboys, I think Zekes "eating" schtick is stupid, and I tend to disagree with whatever the "experts" try so hard to make the story be.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
Lol what is this fucking madness bro zeke wasn't and isn't a better blocker by any significance.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I love fans that base their "best" argument solely on the team the player is on.

If Zeke was a Bear, would you argue that he is second best to Howard?

Ditto the others listed.

The answer is No, and we all know it.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Not trying to be argumentative (really), but if Zeke is so much better as a runner, and I'm sure we can all agree that the Cowboys O line, QB, passing game, and overall offense were better than the Bears last year, then how did Howard have a better average? Am I missing something? Did Howard have some 50-80 yard runs that skewed the stats? I'll admit the my opinion is biased because I have no love for the Cowboys, I think Zekes "eating" schtick is stupid, and I tend to disagree with whatever the "experts" try so hard to make the story be.

Zeke had 322 carries in 15 games last year. You knew exactly what the Cowboys were going to do week in and week out. You knew Zeke was going to be coming down hill at you all game and no defense could stop him. The Cowboys were playing with a lead a lot so defenses knew that they were going to feed Zeke. No Dez Bryant for most of the year and when he did play he wasn't Dez and a rookie QB (whose elite play last year looks more like a product of Zeke).

Defenses knew all of this and he still averaged 5.1 yards per carry and scored 15 TD's. Zeke controlled entire games and is/was the engine to that Dallas team. He masked the weaknesses of not only the offense but also the defense.

I am sorry but Howard doesn't have that type of an impact. Stats don't tell the whole story. You can feel Zeke's impact on games a lot more than Howard.

Also, the Bear offensive line, especially last year, was very good run blocking so Howard did have some help as well.