With the 8th pick in the NFL Draft the Chicago Bears select?

alexbear1

Liked Posts:
If Bradley Chubb and Minkah Fitzpatrick are both gone then the following interest me -

Clelin Ferrell (OLB), Quenton Nelson (OG)

On a trade back to the mid-late 1st round in order to get an extra 2nd or 3rd rounder, I'd be interested in Dorance Armstrong (OLB), and Calvin Ridley (WR)

Nick80

Liked Posts:
Trade back and take Ridley or Sutton around #12-16.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I want....i need this team to get a legit OLB to play opposite L.Floyd but there are other players i'd be good with if we somehow upgrade OLB in free agency or get one in the 2nd round.

OLB--H.Landry, C.Ferrell, D.Armstrong or A.Key if he checks out but he makes me very nervous.

WR--Ridley but would love A.Miller in the 2nd round

S--D.James. A E.Jackson and D.James safety combo could be dangerous for our secondary.

CB--Denzel Ward, J.Jackson

OL--C.onnor Williams, M.McGlinchey. I don't draft G this early but would go OT to replace Massie at RT.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
Can't say I am up on the scouting reports, but I will say if no one has drafted at a call yet if no one has drafted a tackle yet and one is worthy of the status I go left tackle

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

peanut33tillman

Liked Posts:
As far as talent goes I agree but his size and the fact that he's predominantly a slot guy will affect his draft slot.

That will hurt him and teams that pass on him will pay for lack of measurables as well. I think he is a probable day 2 guy who likely goes in rd 2. Would be a great day 2 get for us.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
That will hurt him and teams that pass on him will pay for lack of measurables as well. I think he is a probable day 2 guy who likely goes in rd 2. Would be a great day 2 get for us.

Agreed. If he destroys the combine and runs in the low 4.4 high 4.3 range it's possible he rises into a middle to late first rounder, which would suck.

I think he'll crush all of the agility drills and run in the 4.45-4.48 range.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
It's obviously early but if they draft at 8, the number of QBs selected in front of them will determine if they have a shot at Chubb or Key.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
If the Bears had waited, well they would no doubt have had a top 5 pick. Seriously, best player available, if is an OG, so be it.

Possibly. It's hard to say. Glennon was there when we beat Steelers, and our W/L hasn't be great no matter who's been playing. And we had the same predictable game plan no matter who's been QB. Glennon may have been better than the coaches showed, they may have opened up sooner with him.
I highly doubt if Glennon has a game like yesterday but maybe enough for an equal W/L to this point. 5 (where we were Saturday) was probably doable for him. The way the other bad teams are playing I think it would be hard to get a higher pick than 5.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I keep saying we just need elite players.

The same argument I am making about Fitzpatrick. I think we have gotten solid safety play this year, but it is not like we have Eric Berry back there and to me that is what Fitz can be.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
I keep saying we just need elite players.

The same argument I am making about Fitzpatrick. I think we have gotten solid safety play this year, but it is not like we have Eric Berry back there and to me that is what Fitz can be.

I'd bet good money he'll be selected within the top 6. Pace would have to trade up most likely.

I think he'll be drafted to play CB. Similar to Ramsey.

ping001

Liked Posts:
Dont forget Cameron Sutton who is on most draft boards #2 WR in the country. He is 6"4 over 210 pounds and has produced good numbers. The x-factor is his speed, but I would love to get him, Ridley or McGlinchy.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Here's a mock that came out today. I'm not sure if he has the draft order correct but it shows how it can fall with Barkley and a bunch of QBs going top 6.

"1. Cleveland Browns: Josh Rosen, QB, UCLA
New general manager John Dorsey said in his introductory press conference that his job was to find a quarterback for the Browns. That should tell you what he thinks about DeShone Kizer, who has had a maddening rookie season. He could like Rosen, a traditional pocket passer with a good arm and a quick release.
2. New York Giants: Baker Mayfield, QB, Oklahoma
The opinion on Mayfield is all over the place. On Sunday, ESPN’s Adam Schefter said Mayfield will get drafted higher than people think. Jay Glazer of Fox Sports followed that up by saying that "teams are all over the draft board" on Mayfield, but he could rise after team interviews. If Mayfield does rise, he could jump this far up the draft board, giving the Giants a successor to Eli Manning.
3. Indianapolis Colts: Saquon Barkley, RB, Penn State
Inching up the draft order, the Colts would have a difficult decision to make picking between Barkley and an offensive lineman. Although protecting Andrew Luck is a priority, Indianapolis needs to become more dynamic in the run game. Barkley can be a player who balances the offense and gives Luck an excellent target out of the backfield. It’s not ideal to wait until the second round for a tackle or guard, but there should be good blockers after the first round.
4. Buffalo Bills (via San Francisco 49ers): Sam Darnold, QB, Southern California
This is how high the Bills may have to move to get a quarterback. It’s unlikely the Browns and Giants would trade down because they need quarterbacks. Although there is a danger in trading up for the third quarterback off the board, it’s a necessary move for the Bills. Darnold struggled at times this season, particularly early on, but he can make some impressive throws. More than any other quarterback prospect in this year’s draft, he knows how to throw to his open receivers.
5. Denver Broncos: Connor Williams, OT, Texas
You can make a strong argument that the Broncos should take a quarterback. But consider that they play against pass rushers like Joey Bosa, Justin Houston and Khalil Mack twice every season. Having a good offensive line is paramount, and Denver particularly needs an upgrade on the right side. Williams is the draft’s top offensive tackle and could start for Denver straight away.
6. Cleveland Browns (via Houston Texans): Minkah Fitzpatrick, DB, Alabama
Whether you slot him into safety or cornerback, there’s a starting spot for Fitzpatrick on Cleveland’s defense right now. That says as much about Cleveland’s defensive backs as it does Fitzpatrick’s talent.
7. Chicago Bears: Arden Key, OLB, LSU
The debate here would be between Key and North Carolina State pass rusher Bradley Chubb. Key is more natural at working in space, which makes him better suited for Chicago’s defense. The predraft interview process will be critical for Key’s draft stock.
8. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Bradley Chubb, DE, North Carolina State
This is one of the bigger no-brainer choices in the top 10. The Buccaneers badly need a pass rusher on the edge, and Chubb is considered by many to be one of the draft’s top players.
9. Cincinnati Bengals: Roquan Smith, LB, Georgia
It was tempting to give Cincinnati a quarterback because chances are Marvin Lewis might finally be gone, and a new coach might not want Andy Dalton. But this pick sticks with needs, and Smith is the type of sure tackler Cincinnati needs."

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl-mock-draft/2017/12/11/16761120/2018-nfl-mock-draft-trade-bills-49ers-browns-sam-darnold-josh-rosen-baker-mayfield

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Here's a mock that came out today. I'm not sure if he has the draft order correct but it shows how it can fall with Barkley and a bunch of QBs going top 6.

"1. Cleveland Browns: Josh Rosen, QB, UCLA
New general manager John Dorsey said in his introductory press conference that his job was to find a quarterback for the Browns. That should tell you what he thinks about DeShone Kizer, who has had a maddening rookie season. He could like Rosen, a traditional pocket passer with a good arm and a quick release.
2. New York Giants: Baker Mayfield, QB, Oklahoma
The opinion on Mayfield is all over the place. On Sunday, ESPN’s Adam Schefter said Mayfield will get drafted higher than people think. Jay Glazer of Fox Sports followed that up by saying that "teams are all over the draft board" on Mayfield, but he could rise after team interviews. If Mayfield does rise, he could jump this far up the draft board, giving the Giants a successor to Eli Manning.
3. Indianapolis Colts: Saquon Barkley, RB, Penn State
Inching up the draft order, the Colts would have a difficult decision to make picking between Barkley and an offensive lineman. Although protecting Andrew Luck is a priority, Indianapolis needs to become more dynamic in the run game. Barkley can be a player who balances the offense and gives Luck an excellent target out of the backfield. It’s not ideal to wait until the second round for a tackle or guard, but there should be good blockers after the first round.
4. Buffalo Bills (via San Francisco 49ers): Sam Darnold, QB, Southern California
This is how high the Bills may have to move to get a quarterback. It’s unlikely the Browns and Giants would trade down because they need quarterbacks. Although there is a danger in trading up for the third quarterback off the board, it’s a necessary move for the Bills. Darnold struggled at times this season, particularly early on, but he can make some impressive throws. More than any other quarterback prospect in this year’s draft, he knows how to throw to his open receivers.
5. Denver Broncos: Connor Williams, OT, Texas
You can make a strong argument that the Broncos should take a quarterback. But consider that they play against pass rushers like Joey Bosa, Justin Houston and Khalil Mack twice every season. Having a good offensive line is paramount, and Denver particularly needs an upgrade on the right side. Williams is the draft’s top offensive tackle and could start for Denver straight away.
6. Cleveland Browns (via Houston Texans): Minkah Fitzpatrick, DB, Alabama
Whether you slot him into safety or cornerback, there’s a starting spot for Fitzpatrick on Cleveland’s defense right now. That says as much about Cleveland’s defensive backs as it does Fitzpatrick’s talent.
7. Chicago Bears: Arden Key, OLB, LSU
The debate here would be between Key and North Carolina State pass rusher Bradley Chubb. Key is more natural at working in space, which makes him better suited for Chicago’s defense. The predraft interview process will be critical for Key’s draft stock.
8. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Bradley Chubb, DE, North Carolina State
This is one of the bigger no-brainer choices in the top 10. The Buccaneers badly need a pass rusher on the edge, and Chubb is considered by many to be one of the draft’s top players.
9. Cincinnati Bengals: Roquan Smith, LB, Georgia
It was tempting to give Cincinnati a quarterback because chances are Marvin Lewis might finally be gone, and a new coach might not want Andy Dalton. But this pick sticks with needs, and Smith is the type of sure tackler Cincinnati needs."

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl-mock-draft/2017/12/11/16761120/2018-nfl-mock-draft-trade-bills-49ers-browns-sam-darnold-josh-rosen-baker-mayfield

If we pass on Bradley Chubb someone will pay for it.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I'd bet good money he'll be selected within the top 6. Pace would have to trade up most likely.

I think he'll be drafted to play CB. Similar to Ramsey.

To me there are 3 elite non-QBs

Nelson
Chubb
Fitzpatrick

After that I think there are not really any "blue chip" or "can't miss" guys.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
If we don't draft a pass rusher in the first, then I do hope we get Ridley. His route running impresses me for a prospective rookie, and that is a skill that will help him be effective in his first year.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Obviously not my mock but it shows how Chubb could be there at 8.

If he is that makes it easy, but I think he will be the #1 defender in the draft and a pass rusher. He is way better than Solomon Thomas and he didn't last till 4.

It will be an interesting spot to maneuver from.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If we don't draft a pass rusher in the first, then I do hope we get Ridley. His route running impresses me for a prospective rookie, and that is a skill that will help him be effective in his first year.

I love Ridley, but does he have the physical tools to go that high?