With the 8th pick in the NFL Draft the Chicago Bears select?

Visionman

Liked Posts:
If Sitton is cut & Long can no longer be counted on to perform--how much does this change the draft strategy?

Hopefully it doesn't change the draft strategy at all. Need to find replacements for those guys in FA in that case. Have to focus on taking the best players in the draft, not forced to pick certain positions, especially in the early rounds. 4th round and on could focus more on OL to develop in that scenario, depending on what we would do in FA....

napo55

Liked Posts:
Thank you ommy for posting this! I “couldn’t” care less !!!!! I love the usage of the words “there, their and they’re, too! That’s another one that gets butchered, too, to and two.

I know it looks like we are snobs by posting things like this but it’s sad! I actually held an impromptu meeting at work where I had to explain these words and the proper usages in patient reports that were being written by other firefighter/paramedics. Sad!

Let’s not even get into proper syntax. I don’t believe that’s necessary in such a forum but it is in my work place and that’s like explaining nuclear engineering to my idiots.

Thanks

You might also want to explain to him that commas and periods should be placed INSIDE quotation marks. If we're going to be language nazis, let's be thorough.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Hopefully it doesn't change the draft strategy at all. Need to find replacements for those guys in FA in that case. Have to focus on taking the best players in the draft, not forced to pick certain positions, especially in the early rounds. 4th round and on could focus more on OL to develop in that scenario, depending on what we would do in FA....

What if OL is the BPA where we pick then?

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Hard pass on WR or OL.

Go defensive playmaker imo.

I'd take Derwin James if he's there.

No thanks. Kid has all of the athletic qualities you look for, and he'll blow up the Combine. Hasn't done much of anything this year, though. May not have the instincts necessary to be an elite S, which is far more important.

AussieBear

depends on draft position. if i were pace, i would defer to aussiebear when it comes to 1st rd picks.. i wonder if any guud complete rbs will be in dat 7-11 range

jbunch14

Liked Posts:
What's with all the Clelin Ferrell hype??? I've watched his tape and NOTHING jumps off the page at me. Don't understand....

jbd

Liked Posts:
CB - Joshua Jackson from Iowa

Hope he comes out this year, I think he's the real deal.

I WOULD BE STOKED! I think he is the real deal as well. I live in iowa and have watched him in every game he has played in college.. 6'1 with shutdown ability and ball skills...sign me up!

jbd

Liked Posts:
Can someone please tell me why it would be a good option to take this ridley kid?..hes f'n 6'1...Wouldn't you fellas prefer a big, strong and tall wr? (who isnt made of fiberglass like kevin white)

I'm not starting shit here, just havent watched a lot of college football the last few years outside of the hawks..and would like to know why all this hype for the average height wr..

thanks

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Can someone please tell me why it would be a good option to take this ridley kid?..hes f'n 6'1...Wouldn't you fellas prefer a big, strong and tall wr? (who isnt made of fiberglass like kevin white)

I'm not starting shit here, just havent watched a lot of college football the last few years outside of the hawks..and would like to know why all this hype for the average height wr..

thanks

OBJ, Antonio Brown, Golden Gate, Amari Cooper and so on. You don't judge a wr by height and further it has no correlation with being made of glass.

BearDovvn

Liked Posts:
Arden Key. The speed off the edges with Key and Floyd would be insane with the fatty trio of Hicks-Goldman-Bullard pushin the middle. ?⬇️

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

thanks

The more film I see on Christian Kirk, the more I like him. And he’s only 5’11”.

ping001

Liked Posts:
OBJ, Antonio Brown, Golden Gate, Amari Cooper and so on. You don't judge a wr by height and further it has no correlation with being made of glass.

Add Steve Smith and Brandon Brooks in NE to that list.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Calvin Ridley runs great routes and catches everything thrown near him.

6'1" or 6'3" you can work with.

The anti-Kevin White who cannot run routes and drops a lot of passes.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Ridley should tear up the combine. I remember watching a vid during spring ball where he beat Cooper in a foot race as a freshman. Cooper couldn't believe it.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Calvin Ridley runs great routes and catches everything thrown near him.

6'1" or 6'3" you can work with.

The anti-Kevin White who cannot run routes and drops a lot of passes.

People are obsessed with the QB having the ability to just throw the ball up to a big WR who can high point the ball and catch it over a DB. But even better than that is a guy who can catch the ball running away from the DB. I think we all saw the Marshall and Jeffery combo struggle at times. Green Bay in particular for 2 years played the CB underneath of Marshall with the safety over top. Then got physical with Jeffery in man coverage and they struggled to get separation. Even though Meredith and Inman aren't jumpball type WRs, they are 6'3" and will have a height advantage to potentially win those jumpballs, if they are back. The Bears do have that size mismatch with Shaheen and the quick outlet in Cohen potentially. They need WRs that you know a CB won't be able to stay with laterally across the field or when Mitch buys extra time by scrambling.

The Patriots haven't had a jumpball WR since Moss was there. The Saints don't really have that type of guy playing a prominent role. The great Colt offenses with Manning, Harrison, Wayne and Collie didn't have that guy. The Greatest Show on Turf didn't.