What If

Visionman

Liked Posts:
HC with a proven NFL offensive system that can lead the team. And OC that is able to run the HC's prefered offense, while also adding his own innovative wrinkles to it. A DC that can handle that side of the ball with minimal supervision...

1000ftditka!

Throbbing
Liked Posts:
Civilization, also known as Massachusetts
firefox-256.e2c1fc556816.jpg

Fox has to go. Everyone knows that even the Coach. Look at all the penalties. A winning coach instills discipline. The players love him....but I suspect even they know.........Need a HC that will hold players accountable and elevate their games.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
So....who would be ok with keeping Fox and Fangio if we brought in a better OC to help develop Trubisky. My fear is that wholesale changes would set us back a few years. We have a better than average defense and an OC with better plays and play calling ability could mask Fox’s shortcomings. That’s my thought. What are yours ?

Fuck no. Have you seen the LA Rams play this year? They sure as shit haven't accomplished it by retaining Jeff fucking Fisher.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Good point—Why wouldn’t the Bears want to keep the worst coach in franchise history?

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I like the logic, but what if an entirely new staff doesn’t net the results we ALL want?

So you go against logic with a what if situation?

If Fox stays, he will ... WILL ... try to have the offense go back to his favorite run run pass offensive scheme. He has the incorrect belief that run the ball and play defense is the way to win when the real way to win for most teams is to play good defense and control the clock. As last game showed, being imaginative and unpredictable is the best way to control the clock.

If Fox stays, the moral of the team will plummet back to last year Trestman levels.

If Fox stays, Pace will be fired along with Fox at the end of 2018.

If Fox stays, we will be an additional year behind in the rebuild process and this time, a complete rebuild.

Fox has to go.

JoeyBones21

Liked Posts:
Your fears are unfounded and doing it your way would set the franchise back. It's not as if we are getting rid of a very good offensive play caller.

Trust me, they will get the right coach and all will be well

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Why are you confident that they will get the right coach? Teams oftentimes do not get the right coach.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
So....who would be ok with keeping Fox and Fangio if we brought in a better OC to help develop Trubisky. My fear is that wholesale changes would set us back a few years. We have a better than average defense and an OC with better plays and play calling ability could mask Fox’s shortcomings. That’s my thought. What are yours ?

Fox game planned since taking over the team to run the ball, dink and dunk, grind it out on defense, slow the game down, and hope to win close games.

I suspect, as was reported, Fox accepted his fate as lame duck and gave up on what's been a horribly losing formula for the last 3 years.

Loggains opened it up (on what was a top 12 defense coming into the game) and lit up the scoreboard.

We don't know what Loggains has to offer and won't until Fox is gone.

Gocrazy79

Liked Posts:
If Fox had more confidence in an OC like he seems to be gaining with Loggains evident by last game; who is to say we can’t move forward playing like this. Can’t it be justified?

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
The entire coaching staff has failed. It's time to move on . . .

Toast88

Liked Posts:
People are so afraid of “going for it” that they’d rather hold onto literally the worst coach in Bears history.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
Why are you confident that they will get the right coach? Teams oftentimes do not get the right coach.
Because I trust Ryan Pace to get the right coach. I think undue pressure was put on him by the mccaskeys the first time around and I think he will get his own selection without interference this time around.

I could write a novel is to why I believe this, but I do believe Ryan pace is the right GM for the job right now and knows how to hire a proper coach so long as the McCaskey stay out of his way, which by all reports they are going to do this time.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
People are so afraid of “going for it” that they’d rather hold onto literally the worst coach in Bears history.
It's a Bears fan issue overall. For years, fans advocated not drafting a quarterback in the first round for fear of getting a bad quarterback and instead clamored for defense in round one.

I think there is a bit of battered wife syndrome with Bears fans. They don't trust even things they see right in front of them but instead when something doesn't quite go right they revert to type, and stick to the same arguments and the same mental traps.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
If Fox had more confidence in an OC like he seems to be gaining with Loggains evident by last game; who is to say we can’t move forward playing like this. Can’t it be justified?
No it cannot.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
They're all gone. There are no circumstances whatsoever where I want to keep Fox.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
Fox game planned since taking over the team to run the ball, dink and dunk, grind it out on defense, slow the game down, and hope to win close games.

I suspect, as was reported, Fox accepted his fate as lame duck and gave up on what's been a horribly losing formula for the last 3 years.

Loggains opened it up (on what was a top 12 defense coming into the game) and lit up the scoreboard.

We don't know what Loggains has to offer and won't until Fox is gone.
I completely agree with what you said here. That being said, in no way shape or fashion do I think Loggains is ready to be a head coach and therefore the point is moot.

I know it has been rare for the Bears to find a good offensive mind, but I believe that when you have the quarterback right, finding a head coach gets a lot easier. In particular in trubisky's case, even a so-called average coach will lead to very good things for the Bears so long as the coach can run an offense and grow Mitch.

There are plenty of different offensive systems in the game that any team can win with but it matters who's driving the car so to speak.

Of the coaches out there, McDaniels is the only one I would not trust completely. I would be willing to bet that most of the other names out there that could consider us as head coach and with an offensive background, would be able to turn this team around. It is all about Mitch, and the going forward the weapons that are put around him.