Akiem Hicks vouched for Bears to resign Kyle Fuller

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He'll be resigned. The Organization doesn't want to deal with the blowback from letting another talent walk.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I would think he is looking at 4 year 48M to 5 year 62M

How would you compare Fuller to EJ Gaines and Malcom Butler? Those 2 are in the 10-12M per year range.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
OK everyone.... for fucks sake please take 30 seconds and read this:

http://grammarist.com/words/resign-vs-re-sign/

HaHa...Some one else posted dictionary type definitions of the difference that hyphen makes, I don't think anyone noticed. Surprising how few use it when there's talk of re-signing a player.

While on the subject I wish Sweatty Teddy would resign and am hopeful they re-sign K Fuller.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
HaHa...Some one else posted dictionary type definitions of the difference that hyphen makes, I don't think anyone noticed. Surprising how few use it when there's talk of re-signing a player.

While on the subject I wish Sweatty Teddy would resign and am hopeful they re-sign K Fuller.

I mean normally I'm not a grammar Nazi by any means.... but in this case it makes a BIG difference! :lol:

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would think he is looking at 4 year 48M to 5 year 62M

How would you compare Fuller to EJ Gaines and Malcom Butler? Those 2 are in the 10-12M per year range.

I think Fuller is gonna get 12 mil per. Kirkpatrick got 10+ mil coming off his best season, which was just barely average.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
We have the cap space that I don't mind overpaying to keep good talent in house, as long as it isn't a ridiculous overpay.

We drafted him and invested in his growth; I would re-sign him on a 4-5 year deal, comfortable with the knowledge that we aren't fucked financially if we have to cut him down the road.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
We have the cap space that I don't mind overpaying to keep good talent in house, as long as it isn't a ridiculous overpay.

We drafted him and invested in his growth; I would re-sign him on a 4-5 year deal, comfortable with the knowledge that we aren't fucked financially if we have to cut him down the road.

Yeah It would be good to front load his contract or keep the bonuses low, since this is really his 1st good season.

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
We can’t keep just letting our draft picks walk??? What does it say about the Bears as an organization if they don’t sign him and then what do the other rookies think about it if they don’t see Fuller get paid? I wouldn’t fucking play here if they don’t sign him, I wouldn’t trust the organization! It’s a big deal

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Fuller has been beat a few times this year.

But he's also been absolutely ballin. I don't know what it is: More pressure on the qB, being fully healthy, finaly getting the Defense, or if Prince came in an helped him grow.

But what I thought was a weakness (our secondary) all of a sudden looks like a young unit we can cement and really build on going further.

Jackson, Fuller, Prince, Amos, LeBlanc, McMannis.... Not a bad core to build around.

I'm pretty sure all of us thought our secondary was gonna be a weakness coming into the season and are all quite surprised and happy with how it turned out. I wouldn't count Q.Demps out yet either. I know he didn't get off to a great start in his 3-4 games he started but coming into a new team with a new system and with new teammates to learn how to play with, it usually takes some games to get going and lets remember that he has been a ball hawk for most of his career which is something we all want and are missing in our secondary.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I think bears have to sign him. Even if it means overpaying. We all know paces track record when he lets guys walk for nothing. They will get worse at the position.

Haters can't stop hating....lol

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
I don't understand why they did not pick up his option on his 5th year. Sure he was hurt and not playing at the highest level, but if they had exercise the option, what exactly would the drawback be?

Is the 5th year option expensive, I honestly do not know?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I think Fuller is gonna get 12 mil per. Kirkpatrick got 10+ mil coming off his best season, which was just barely average.

Wow, i guess i'm in the minority on being very skeptical of K.Fuller. I love, absolutely love how aggressive he's been playing this year and think he's done some really good things this year, he's also done some really bad things like his play against D.Adams with B.Hundley at QB. I also can't forget his play and his injury history that we've gotten from him in his previous years with the team. He got off to a great start to his Bears career in his first 4 games with us as a rookie and single handedly won games for us especially that 49ers game but since then it's been MEH. He did finish out the 2015 season pretty good for us but i don't think any of us should forget about any of that stuff when thinking about giving this guy $10-$12 mil per for the next 4 years. I do want us to re-sign him and bring him back but i'm really starting to think putting the franchise tag on him to see if he can repeat what he's done this year would be the best way to go with him.

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
Would love for the Bears to re-sign their own first round draft pick that's playing well... Something that we don't get too often around here.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Wow, i guess i'm in the minority on being very skeptical of K.Fuller. I love, absolutely love how aggressive he's been playing this year and think he's done some really good things this year, he's also done some really bad things like his play against D.Adams with B.Hundley at QB. I also can't forget his play and his injury history that we've gotten from him in his previous years with the team. He got off to a great start to his Bears career in his first 4 games with us as a rookie and single handedly won games for us especially that 49ers game but since then it's been MEH. He did finish out the 2015 season pretty good for us but i don't think any of us should forget about any of that stuff when thinking about giving this guy $10-$12 mil per for the next 4 years. I do want us to re-sign him and bring him back but i'm really starting to think putting the franchise tag on him to see if he can repeat what he's done this year would be the best way to go with him.

I agree with everything you said, but when re-signing a player you have to project what they will do for you in the furture and not base it on their history...

BTW FF your going down this week son. :smug2:

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
I don't understand why they did not pick up his option on his 5th year. Sure he was hurt and not playing at the highest level, but if they had exercise the option, what exactly would the drawback be?

Is the 5th year option expensive, I honestly do not know?
Yes, the 5th year option is expensive. And he had been playing shitty. It would have not been smart AT THE TIME to excercise his 5th year.

The fifth-year option pays players taken in the first 10 picks the transition tag—average salary of the top 10 earning players at the position.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Well, Here is what the Bears think of Kyle Fuller...

On the first Bengals possession, Fuller is lined up across from AJ Green with a single high safety shaded towards the other side of the field. There was a safety behind Fuller at first, but he broke into the box right before the ball was snapped.

gRKUw9d.jpg

Second Bengals possession, and Fuller is one on one with Green again, only this time in press coverage. And again only 1 safety back shaded towards the other side of the field.

q8TLnCs.jpg

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I agree with everything you said, but when re-signing a player you have to project what they will do for you in the furture and not base it on their history...

BTW FF your going down this week son. :smug2:

But you have to look at what these players have been in the past when you're talking about giving them a multi year contract for that kind of money.

Yeah you definitely have me worried about our matchup this week cause you not only have the players but most of your guys have really good matchups and my guys' matchups aren't that good at all. I'm even worried about R.Wilson cause he's always been bad when playing the Rams and if your QB has a bad or mediocre game then more times then not you're gonna lose that week.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Well, Here is what the Bears think of Kyle Fuller...

On the first Bengals possession, Fuller is lined up across from AJ Green with a single high safety shaded towards the other side of the field. There was a safety behind Fuller at first, but he broke into the box right before the ball was snapped.

gRKUw9d.jpg

Second Bengals possession, and Fuller is one on one with Green again, only this time in press coverage. And again only 1 safety back shaded towards the other side of the field.

q8TLnCs.jpg

Yeah i saw this whole thing on Chat sports earlier and they even had more then just those two but if you think i'm gonna go off of that one game when A.Dalton was awful you're crazy my man. I saw plays where Dalton was off on his throws that if he would of made good throws AJ Green would of made big plays on them.

Here's the whole article with the other videos of Fuller going against AJ.

https://www.chatsports.com/chicago-...er-earned-big-money-against-aj-green-14159443