If Fox wins out, does he stay?

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
Ignore history? Repeat.
It’s almost an exact timeline of what the Bears have experienced over the past three years. Don’t be fooled by what Pace or Fox say to the media. There has definitely been some friction between the two in regards to roster composition. One source told me some of that centered around one of the teams’ most recent flops.

“FOX WANTED GLENNON. PACE WANTED TO USE THAT MONEY IN OTHER AREAS. BEARS WERE THE ONLY TEAM INTERESTED. PACE HAD A BLUEPRINT. HE WANTED A TOP CORNER TO SIGN, A TOP RECEIVER, TOP SAFETY AND A CHEAP VETERAN QB.”

This would back up the story that Pace had plans to go quarterback in the draft and wanted to prepare the roster for that eventuality. Fox though is a known hater of rookie QBs as evidenced by his inability to develop one. Every time he’s had a chance to get a younger passer, he’s instead gone for veteran free agents. Jake Delhomme in Carolina and Peyton Manning in Denver. Pursuing Glennon was right up his alley. A perfect way to bypass the idea of drafting a rookie.

Then Pace went ahead and did it anyway without Fox’s knowledge. In the end their differing philosophies failed to mesh, as is so often the case in the NFL. That’s why Pace needs to make a change and find somebody who thinks more like him.
What is the source of this information?

iffybiz

Liked Posts:
I’ve always thought Pace got Glennon “for” Fox but not because Fox wanted him per se but to give Fox his veteran QB who would give him a chance to win this year.
Fox just needed a guy who didn’t make a lot of mistakes and handed the ball off. Glennon seemed to fit that, he had a 2-1 TD to Int ratio coming in.
The fact that they threw a bunch of money at him made him not even question whether they’d draft a QB with the first pick. I would think that the would be the first question a FA QB would ask, yet by all accounts he was stunned when Trubisky was picked.
I think they really meant it when they said that Trubisky wasn’t going to play, Fox was going to do his grind it out, keep the game close and with his defense and running game they’d be competitive.
However, not only was Glennon clueless, he couldn’t play. He did the one thing that derailed Fox’s plan, he made mistakes and lots of them.
I’m going to make a prediction I haven’t seen anyone else make.
Fox will retire rather than be fired. I think this whole season was kind of one last season in the sun for Fox, to try to go out on a high note. He had to know that the team Pace is trying to build wasn’t his team and he knows that the defensive coaches that made him look better are gone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk