Is Matt Forte a Hall Of Famer?

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Forte had a chance to go play for glory instead he picked the Jets and will be forgotten within NFL circles in about a year after he retires.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
One asterisk.... If he plays 3 more years and puts up similarly consistent numbers, he will be a shoe in...

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
Although his career isn't over I'd still say no atm.

CAP BOSO

Liked Posts:
Nope. Good all around back, but no hall of famer.

bearsfaninfl

Liked Posts:
Wtf not even close. He was not exceptional at anything. I hope to god someone who would consistently get arm tackled wouldn’t get into the hall

Neither is Frank Gore, but his longevity and maintaining that steady level over such a long time tells me he likely gets in.

Matt is going to have a much more difficult time, as this year threw him way off track. Got banged up and missed some games, and barely played in others. He probably needs 3 more solid years to be in the conversation, and that's an uphill climb for older backs.

Asswipe Johnson

Liked Posts:
No.

Forte was a good back, a good teammate and a good person.

None of those things get you in the HOF.

If we let everyone that was simply good for a length of time into the Hall of Fame then it wouldn't be worth getting in.

Well said.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
He was on pace to be a HOF guy and fell off the age 30 cliff (like so many other running backs)

I thought he had it in him with the lack of significant injuries, but age seemed to catch him anyway.

It is a shame- loved him as a player, and really would have loved to see him make it.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
He was on pace to be a HOF guy and fell off the age 30 cliff (like so many other running backs)

I thought he had it in him with the lack of significant injuries, but age seemed to catch him anyway.

It is a shame- loved him as a player, and really would have loved to see him make it.
He didn't fall of the age 30 cliff. At age 30 with the Bears he averaged over 4 YPC and scored 7 total TDs.

Even last season with the Jets he scored 8 total TDs. Sure is YPC is below 4 now but running the ball isn't what makes Forte a really good back.

Asswipe Johnson

Liked Posts:
Nope.

Homer Bears fans.....gotta love them

Homer Bears fans? The vote tally at the time you posted was Ayes 1, Nays 14. Or are you suggesting Forte is not even worthy of the question being asked? If that's the case then you're just a turd :). Yes, with a name like Asswipe, I should know.