dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Everybody has it all wrong. Don't hire O'Brien as HC. Hire him as our OC.

The problem with all of these up and coming coaches being hired as OCs is that they soon get drafted as a HC (see Gage). Since O'Brien or any offensive minded head coach that gets fired has a reputation that has taken some damage and also has the bad taste of the failure as a HC.

These are perfect for the Bears to hire as an OC because they will be around for a few years until they can rebuild their reputations.

You hitting the egg nog a little early??

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Pat Shurmer HC, Bill O'Brien OC, Mike Vrabel DC

I could get behind that.

I think O'Brien would go back to a college head coaching job if he can't get one in the NFL before he takes a OC job.

I am a P.Shurmur fan though so how bout:

HC--P.Shurmur
OC--G.Kubiak
DC--Ed Donatell

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Fuck No. To me not a very good coach.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Care to explain?
3 consecutive 9-7 seasons and so far 4-10 this year. With the talent level on that team and a shitty division other than this year he should have been a lot better than that.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Since I am talking about offensive minded head coaches who lose their jobs, I am talking about offensive minded coach who take over the OC position and stay there for a while, giving Trubisky consistency in the offense.

Up until you have one of the top QBs that have shown they are one of the top QBs, you risk everything when you change OCs. The Packers, Steelers and the Pats have 3 of the top QBs in the game.

The Ravens block anybody who is trying to interview their management positions and their team has a defensive background.
Those teams also have serious gaps from playoff success to not going anywhere some years of playoff misses following the years after losing cordinators. Cowher missed the playoffs for the 3 years Dick Lebeau left him as hc of the Bengals. Packers haven't been the threat to be super bowl contenders in awhile and losing coordinators like Philbin changed the staff.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
Everybody has it all wrong. Don't hire O'Brien as HC. Hire him as our OC.

The problem with all of these up and coming coaches being hired as OCs is that they soon get drafted as a HC (see Gage). Since O'Brien or any offensive minded head coach that gets fired has a reputation that has taken some damage and also has the bad taste of the failure as a HC.

These are perfect for the Bears to hire as an OC because they will be around for a few years until they can rebuild their reputations.

I presume by "Gage" you meant "Gase". Yeah, Gase had a decent-ish year and got hired by Miami. He wasn't that amazing in points or redzone efficiency. Miami hiring Gase was no big deal. Fox being unable to replace Gase with a functional OC was our killer problem. Like Alpha said, good coaches replace coordinators effectively. NE doesn't care who is OC or DC, neither does PITT, etc.

You just can't make decisions and eliminate the young up-and-coming creative types because you are afraid that another team will poach them for a HC job.

1) Good, it means we have a damn good OC then!
2) If you believe in your HC then you know the system will keep running with a competent replacement ... meaning if you are nervous that a good OC gets hired as HC by another team, ultimately you are TRULY nervous that your HC simply sucks in hiring/developing good coordinators.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
I presume by "Gage" you meant "Gase". Yeah, Gase had a decent-ish year and got hired by Miami. He wasn't that amazing in points or redzone efficiency. Miami hiring Gase was no big deal. Fox being unable to replace Gase with a functional OC was our killer problem. Like Alpha said, good coaches replace coordinators effectively. NE doesn't care who is OC or DC, neither does PITT, etc.

You just can't make decisions and eliminate the young up-and-coming creative types because you are afraid that another team will poach them for a HC job.

1) Good, it means we have a damn good OC then!
2) If you believe in your HC then you know the system will keep running with a competent replacement ... meaning if you are nervous that a good OC gets hired as HC by another team, ultimately you are TRULY nervous that your HC simply sucks in hiring/developing good coordinators.
You talk about situations like someone is either good or bad opposed to variables of the scenarios and who is who. Also ignoring those teams with success did suffer for periods with gaps of good coordinating success.

And a OC or DC being poached doesn't have to correlate to good results of the year in total but other traits of being a hc factor. Both McCarthy and Tomlin praised here in this thread in ways by coaching talk were hired without great coordinating seasons their year before HC offer. Tomlin had the strong run D of the Williams wall his 1 DC year but their overall team D still was weak especially when teams gained pass yards. But who he was able to get to coordinate comes from situations of already established ties. Arians was already on staff and Haleys dad worked for the team so he joined when he lost hc job.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
You talk about situations like someone is either good or bad opposed to variables of the scenarios and who is who. Also ignoring those teams with success did suffer for periods with gaps of good coordinating success.

And a OC or DC being poached doesn't have to correlate to good results of the year in total but other traits of being a hc factor. Both McCarthy and Tomlin praised here in this thread in ways by coaching talk were hired without great coordinating seasons their year before HC offer. Tomlin had the strong run D of the Williams wall his 1 DC year but their overall team D still was weak especially when teams gained pass yards. But who he was able to get to coordinate comes from situations of already established ties. Arians was already on staff and Haleys dad worked for the team so he joined when he lost hc job.

I am unsure what you are talking about. I am arguing against the idea that a young "up-and-coming" OC candidate should not be hired due to the fact that he might be good and poached for a HC job by another team. That strikes me as a ridiculous position. If anywhere in your response is an equivocation to that position as well, I will be disagreeing.