We are a BOTTOM Third team Folks

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
What did everyone expect from this team ? This year ?? Miracles ?

We are realistically a bottom 10 - 11 team. We are smack dab in the middle area of that subset.

Everything reeks of that designation.

Coaching, as everyone knows, has to go. ALL of it.

The D can be elevated to the middle of the pack with a ceiling to become strong Upper Third,,,, if and when a few key elements are added and we get a championship capable defensive coordinator. Fangio can be extended year to year on a prove it style contract.... if the New Head Coach finds him "adaptable" enough and "innovative".

We ABSOLUTELY have to have an Offensive minded Head Coach or we will be trotting out SHIT and wishin and hopin for miracles every time they start training in Bourbonnais. If we do not get an offensive minded head coach we can kiss our asses good bye for the next five years at least from sniffin the Middle Third

Even with the "next Bill Walsh" we are two strong and improvement needing years from attaining the Top Third status

Lets Please Be Realistic about our expectations.

Personally, if the Front Office does not hire a "emerging" brilliant offensive minded coach, we are headed for an inferior product 5 years EZ and not even getting close to the likes of those perennial contenders and their ORGs.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bottom third is much too kind. The Bears are the Browns of the NFC for the last going on decade or so.

I would like to know why MLB teams can complete a rebuild quicker than the Bears. Frankly I'm getting fed up with Pace because he is again MIA with the press like the end of last year and outside of a couple good drafts he has done shit on the pro personnel side to turn this teams fortunes around.

Washington

Liked Posts:
I agree with the others. Bottom 3, not bottom 3rd. Cle, Chi, and SF are the toilet trio of the NFL.

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bottom third? The Bears, Niners and Browns and 30, 31 and 32 and a case can be made for either of them in any order.

By the way that can be the latest killer CCS thread - The Case for #32. Go for it, fellas . . .

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Bottom third is much too kind. The Bears are the Browns of the NFC for the last going on decade or so.

I would like to know why MLB teams can complete a rebuild quicker than the Bears. Frankly I'm getting fed up with Pace because he is again MIA with the press like the end of last year and outside of a couple good drafts he has done shit on the pro personnel side to turn this teams fortunes around.

You don't know why it's easier to rebuild in baseball then it is in the NFL?? The biggest things is trades which rarely happen in the NFL but happen all the time in MLB. MLB teams also have like 7-8 farm teams loaded with young talent with some much better then others. The Yankees have a ton of young kids that could be called up and start right away but they don't have room for them like Clint Frazier. That kid is gonna be great but they don't have a spot open for him which is why he's most likely about to be traded for a starting pitcher.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, I read that has bottom three, don’t know why, but that is about right. I honestly think the Bears are mid-level talent with bottom, as in last, coaching. The Bears are bad. Very bad. And, I would agre that the Bears need to get an offensive minded coach who can work with MT. They already have a versatile running game, a raw but physically talented QB, and a good enough (when healthy)) offensive line.

Fox’s football philosophy favored no one this year.

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
The D can be elevated to the middle of the pack with a ceiling to become strong Upper Third,,,, if and when a few key elements are added and we get a championship capable defensive coordinator. Fangio can be extended year to year on a prove it style contract.... if the New Head Coach finds him "adaptable" enough and "innovative".

Huh? . . .

Madden

Liked Posts:
It's hard to be a fan of this team. Imagine if we didn't have the 85 Bears to look fondly back on. The dominant Lovie defense and special teams days were fun but we didn't finish the job.

Our coaching BLOWS. How many fucking penalties do we have every week. Drafting is getting better but all of our supposed playmakers are rookies outside of Howard and Hicks. And our veteran guys are all injury prone or inconsistent. Good teams have numerous, reliable, durable playmakers that you can count on every week to produce. We have basically two in Howard and Hicks. But hey at least we've had good kickers since we're built to win close games under Fox.....OH WAIT.

We need an identity and to dominate in at least one area. Running is the closest thing we have now but our offensive line is inconsistent due to injures. The new coach has to have a vision of what the team should be. Teams need to fear us in one aspect and then play off of that. It's unrealistic to think we are gonna have a dominant offense and defense. Pick a side and load up. We need to be top 5 on offense or defense and say middle of the pack in the other one. That can work. Actually I'd like to see the offensive and defensive rankings of the last 10 super bowl winners to see if my theory holds true.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
I agree with the others. Bottom 3, not bottom 3rd. Cle, Chi, and SF are the toilet trio of the NFL.

SF keeps it up they won’t even be on our group of shit. They are the most improved team the last quarter of the season.

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
You all say Bottom 3, yet they'll be drafting at #6...as of now. ;)

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

LKKems4.gif