Matt Patricia - Possible Head Coach Candidate

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Matt Patricia was interviewed by Ryan Pace last year as a potential candidate for Head Coach. He's been with the Patriots since 2004 where he started out as an Offensive Assistant then later Offensive Line Coach eventually landing the Defensive Coordinator job in 2012. He played Guard and Center in College while getting his engineering degree.

If we can bring in a supplmental offensive coordinator or QB coach that can help Mitchell Trubisky on the side I'd love this pick.

Head Coach: Matt Patricia

mmqb-matt-patricia-rob-ninkovich-2015.jpg

Offensive Coordinator: Gary Kubiak/Norv Turner

gary-kubiak-010416-usnews-getty-ftr_1rsazpize30641cfjhef7m9a6w.jpg

or

RonaldMartinezGettyImagesSport.jpg

Defensive Coordinator: Brian Flores

1424122799108.jpg

Toast88

Liked Posts:
He might be a good HC but we need a Sean Mc Vay, offensive type coach to help Tribs.

Matt Patricia has the advantage of having both an offensive and defensive background. Although he’s a DC currently, his background was almost exclusively offense up until that point. I wouldn’t worry about that aspect of hiring Patricia, although I do think there are better offensive minds available to the Bears—Nagy, DeFilippo, Reich. Notice how well the Chiefs offense has been playing since Nagy started calling plays? Truth be told, I’d be ecstatic about any of those guys, but if they picked Patricia, it’d be wrong to be like, “Aw, man! A defensive guy!?”

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
his defense looks like shit this year

It's struggled but it's more depth than anything. He's lead two Superbowl winning defenses as a Defensive Coordinator.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Why would gary kubiak want to be OC?

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/former-broncos-head-coach-gary-kubiak-open-to-a-return-as-an-offensive-coordinator/

Because he said so he still wants to coach but his health isn't the best right now.

Former Broncos head coach Gary Kubiak open to a return as an offensive coordinator.

Former Super Bowl-winning coach Gary Kubiak retired from the sidelines after the 2016 season due to mounting health concerns, but several sources close to him believe the esteemed coach will consider running an NFL offense in 2018 if the right opportunity arose. Several of Kubiak's coaching assistants believe a return is hardly out of the question, and, given the dearth of coordinator candidates around the league, he would surely be in demand.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
He might be a good HC but we need a Sean Mc Vay, offensive type coach to help Tribs.

Head Coaches don't get that much one on one time the supporting staff is going to need to be strong regardless. Hire a top QB coach and Offensive Coordinator that will hopefully be around 2-3 years.

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
Matt Patricia was interviewed by Ryan Pace last year as a potential candidate for Head Coach. He's been with the Patriots since 2004 where he started out as an Offensive Assistant then later Offensive Line Coach eventually landing the Defensive Coordinator job in 2012. He played Guard and Center in College while getting his engineering degree.

If we can bring in a supplmental offensive coordinator or QB coach that can help Mitchell Trubisky on the side I'd love this pick.

Head Coach: Matt Patricia

mmqb-matt-patricia-rob-ninkovich-2015.jpg

]

Ginny would like to know the following:

1) is he willing to trim his beard and get a clean cut haircut?

2) is he Christian and willing to attend Sunday morning mass?

If the answer to those questions is affirmative, then it's a go . . .

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
So Pace interviewed Patricia last year while Fox was his HC you say?

Now that would be entertaining if only it was true.

The OP may mean the first time around, when Pace was interviewing candidates only to be later told that "Uncle" Ernie Accorsi was going to pick the Head Coach and Pace was to look pretty and obey.

Since there was another report here last week from a CCS-er that Pace was going to go back to his original list - which sounds like a great list since apparently everyone on it is still available and weren't good enough to get hired in the three years Pace has been racking up 33 losses - that makes as much sense as anything else this woeful wunderkind has done . . .

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
The OP may mean the first time around, when Pace was interviewing candidates only to be later told that "Uncle" Ernie Accorsi was going to pick the Head Coach and Pace was to look pretty and obey.

Since there was another report here last week from a CCS-er that Pace was going to go back to his original list - which sounds like a great list since apparently everyone on it is still available and weren't good enough to get hired in the three years Pace has been racking up 33 losses - that makes as much sense as anything else this woeful wunderkind has done . . .

Because the smart teams already have good Head Coaches but the bad teams keeping hiring guys like Marc Trestman or John Fox.

LiverpoolBearsFAn

Liked Posts:
I just can't look at him without thinking of that guy from The Hangover.

BearDownTexas

Liked Posts:
I think it would be easier to list guys that are NOT coaching candidates. I get it....EVERYONE can potentially be our HC. Let's just worry about firing the current idiot. Im more concerned about that not happening than the apparently 1000's of guys we are seriously considering.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I'd take a defensive guy as our next HC as long as he hires a legit OC and lets that OC run his offense however he wants to. I still want them to hire an offensive mind and there's some really intriguing ones that will be out there this off season but i guess i'd be alright if they hired a defensive guy.

P.Shurmur has done some impressive things and not only what hes' doing with Minny with a backup QB and losing D.Cook but also what he did when he was with Clev.

M.Nagy has been impressive calling plays so far and the A.Reid tree has put out some legit coaches.

M.LaFluer has also done good things and has worked under a couple of the best offensive minds in K.Shanahan and now S.McVay.

F.Reich or J.DeFilippo--I really like both of them. DeFilippo is more of a coin flip cause his resume isn't all that impressive but it's not bad and he's done some good things.

Jimmy Harbaugh still leads the way for me.

Liked Posts:
This guy would be a trainwreck as a HC just like Tomsula was. He's a good DC but keep him far away from the Bears HC position. We need a young offensive mind for once.