The "Which Position Should we Draft" Battle

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Ok,

Here are the rules.

1. We are staying at 8.

2. You do not have to pick a player, as we will all likely change our minds three dozen times over the next few months.

3. Pick which position you would draft in the 1st and 2nd rounds and why.

Simple right?
I am sure you meat heads will find a way to muck it up.

1st Round - Pass Rusher - I believe there will still be a blue chip guy that falls to us with all the QB needy teams it is going to be a feeding frenzy at the top this year.

2nd Round - WR - I take the best one on the board and I do not look back. Mitchell needs weapons and I think a big rookie target will pair well with the big 2nd year TE we already have.

What positions you got?

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
1 OLB Big hole in the depth chart at that position

2 WR or OL depending on how the draft is playing out.

theOHIOSTATE!

Liked Posts:
Who are we retaining at CB?

If we let both starters walk, shouldn't CB get a huge look?

We also need a pass rusher. Unless we can get great value at OT, I probably stand pat personally at that position.

You can grab guards later and get a quality guy.

ob1force

Liked Posts:
1. CB: Pace goes BPA at another premier position once Chubb is off the board. I think Jackson/Fitzpatrick/Ward fit the bill.

2. OLB: need to add more youth to OLB corps. After Chubb, there's a bit of a drop-off, IMO. I think there will be some intriguing edge prospects in round 2 to mold.

In addition, I expect Pace to tackle most of the offensive needs via free agency. Adding a couple competent WR's, polishing up the OL, etc.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
You don't draft positions...you draft players...

Joliet Jake

Liked Posts:
Pass rusher, OLB, OT, WR, CB. Spin the wheel, all are great needs. Just get the game changers at whatever position are there. (just make sure they have shins and aren't made of glass).

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
1st---OLB in the 1st round and there's no doubt about that. Chubb will most likely be gone so i look at C.Ferrell and A.Key if he passes the interview test.

2nd---RT/OL, This is with me thinking/hoping we take care of the WR position in free agency and if we don't then i go WR here. A.Miller or best WR available. This is also with me thinking CB will be taken care of in free agency.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
I think the best value in the top 10 will be at DB/OT. I don't see Chubb lasting to 8 and as athletic as Key is there are concerns. Second round there could be some really nice WRs to choose from.

Nicker

Liked Posts:
I think the best value in the top 10 will be at DB/OT. I don't see Chubb lasting to 8 and as athletic as Key is there are concerns. Second round there could be some really nice WRs to choose from.
This is how I feel. We can get a pretty good OT in the first but their aren't any WR's worthy of pick 8 and aside from Chubb (who probably won't be there) there aren't any edge players worth that pick either.

In the second there should be some nice edge rushers and receivers available.

So I'd go

1st: OT
2nd: EDGE

To take the game further...
4th: WR
4th: RB (seems crazy, but this draft is loaded with RBs and we really don't have a 3 down back in case Howard goes down)

5th: ILB (good ILB depth too)
6th: QB (gotta try to find a player to develop)
7th: K

We don't need to go RB in the 4th, I could see a really good running back fall to the 4th. In case one doesn't, can go DL or QB if someone falls (Luke falk, drew lock maybe?)

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
1st Round 69

2nd Round Doggie Style

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
Why are we doing this before free agency, a much better determining factor what remaining needs actually are?