Quenton Nelson, Notre Dame

CAP BOSO

Liked Posts:
The Bears won't be drafting Nelson. This is primarily the case because he's the pick I want them to take but now that Denver has Keenum they will likely pick Nelson and I don't want Pace pulling another trade up move like last year.

I've heard the arguments against the Bears taking Nelson (you can find solid interior linemen later in the draft). This is usually followed by a call for Chubb (unlikely), Flitzpatrick, Edmunds or some other top defender. To that argument I would say Nelson is a generational lineman, the type you just don't see in each draft. He's the bluest chip on the board. Unless you think the Bears will be 2018 Super Bowl contenders you take Nelson if he's there. In 2019 the Bears can go after the elite EDGE, LB, or CB/S.

Since I think the Bears would be EXTREMELY lucky to have Nelson fall in their lap I'm sure I'll be happy with Edmonds or Fitz as I assume that's what they'll be left with. I just won't be as happy as I would have been with Nelson. That kid is a force. Not to mention how he would elevate the level of play of the rest of the line.

I can agree with this. I think we are 1 or 2 years away from being a serious playoff contender. We have holes that are not going to be filled with this draft alone so drafting a pass rusher just because that is the biggest need this year could be a huge mistake. I would have no problem going Nelson if Pace feels he's the best player on the board. If he turns out to be a pro bowler then that position is solidified and attention can be turned to other positions.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I would love to move Whitehair back to guard and draft a center in the mid rounds.

Why does everyone want to keep moving Whitehair leave him be at center and learn one position instead of constantly moving him. Let Trubisky get use to one person hiking the ball to him.

BearClaw55

SELL THE TEAM
Donator
Liked Posts:
I still think you need another play maker or two. Floyd is all they have as a pass rusher and Nick Kwiatowski is hardly Patrick Willis or Navorro Bowman. I would much rather take Edmunds or Davenport (or if Chubb somehow fell) than Nelson.

Nelson is a blue chip prospect. I would not take a small school player like Davenport over him & probably not Edmunds either. Although I could see Pace projecting Edmunds to be great because, of his room to grow since he is only 19.