dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Then start a thread on Edmunds. We have finally have a good thread on here that has not been hijacked. This thread is all about Davenport

You worry bout you and i'll do what i want to do. Now go find something else to do.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Nothing will ever compare to the torture of watching Aaron Donald fall all the way to the Rams at #13, who already had a stacked DL, only to watch them nearly run out the clock before finally taking him just before the Bears picked.

I will never for the life of me understand why Phil Emery didn't try to move up a bit and grab him. He had the next Warren fucking Sapp within his grasp, and he just...sat there.

I can't even fathom a Hicks, Goldman, Donald front... It just wouldn't be fair

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
This is the guy the media doesn't know about because they've only watched the Power-5 schools all year. He's going to rocket up the draft board.

Luke

Liked Posts:
Jeremiah just mocked him 7th to TB.

7 Marcus Davenport - DE, UTSA

Davenport reminds me of Ziggy Ansah coming out of BYU, and the Bucs need to add some life to their pass rush.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
I can't even fathom a Hicks, Goldman, Donald front... It just wouldn't be fair

My heart just began racing at the thought. You'd have to double team each of them or pay the price. Any LB we blitz would get a free shot at the QB.

With Floyd's speed, we'd shut down three step drops. Rodgers would re-break his collar bone every time he played us. It would be our most fearsome front since 85. Emery is a top 5 on the all time list of worst decisions for this franchise.

tgmxd

Liked Posts:
Nothing will ever compare to the torture of watching Aaron Donald fall all the way to the Rams at #13, who already had a stacked DL, only to watch them nearly run out the clock before finally taking him just before the Bears picked.

I will never for the life of me understand why Phil Emery didn't try to move up a bit and grab him. He had the next Warren fucking Sapp within his grasp, and he just...sat there.

Forgot about this but its the perfect example of why the Trubisky trade was fine.

You never actually know with 100% certainty what the teams in front of you in the draft will do.

Emery rolled the dice and called the Rams bluff on Donald because of their stacked DL... until the Rams actually took him.

Pace said fuck no that's our guy and wasn't willing to risk losing him. Even a little bit.

Imagine if the guy the Bears missed by 1 pick ended up an elite QB for the next 15 years... Bears fans wouldn't even remember Aaron Donald's name.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
With the #8 pick in the draft, the Bears say they are not committed to making Trubisky succeed and give into the McCaskeys to go old school everything for defense nothing for offense.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yep, if he dominates the Senior Bowl he could even go higher than 8. He's been at 14 in a few mocks lately so he's clearly on everyone's radar. A big time Senior Bowl will shoot him even higher.

Most likely he'll go at #7 and be a HOF player.... :lol:

As Luke pointed out, Daniel Jeremiah just came out with his 1st mock draft and he’s got Davenport at #7, LOL.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
This is the guy the media doesn't know about because they've only watched the Power-5 schools all year. He's going to rocket up the draft board.

He already has. I think Kiper had him going at like 13 or 14 in his new mock he did yesterday and McShay has been talking about him for a while and thinks he can go top 10.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
With the #8 pick in the draft, the Bears say they are not committed to making Trubisky succeed and give into the McCaskeys to go old school everything for defense nothing for offense.
At eight, sure.

At forty you get your wr. Lots of talent at wr in the early second. Pace would get tarred and feathered if he repeated the white mistake.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Guy looks interesting for certain.

One thing happens every draft: QB's and Pass Rushers always rise to the top.

If the Bears hope not to pick in the top 10 again for awhile this draft is the one to try and grab a OLB if the value is there.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
As Luke pointed out, Daniel Jeremiah just came out with his 1st mock draft and he’s got Davenport at #7, LOL.

Yeah he jumped up Jeremiah's board cause he had him going mid to late first like a week ago.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
At eight, sure.

At forty you get your wr. Lots of talent at wr in the early second. Pace would get tarred and feathered if he repeated the white mistake.

No, he will be tarred and feathered if he gets a #2 QB and supplies him with nothing but backup worthy WRs from late rounds and the QB busts because there are no targets. The media will tear him apart. Especially when we have a top 10 D and a bottom of the barrel O.

White is a failure to replace Marshall. After next year we need to replace White. This past year Jeffery should've been replaced. You want to set us up for 2020, the year we draft nothing but WRs?
I'm not that worried, Pace knows you need an offense in today's NFL. He's not going to upgrade a top D and leave the O hanging. Many of the vocal of CCS wanted a S instead of a QB, they were OK with Glennon starting the whole 2017 season. So yeah.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
No, he will be tarred and feathered if he gets a #2 QB and supplies him with nothing but backup worthy WRs from late rounds and the QB busts because there are no targets. The media will tear him apart. Especially when we have a top 10 D and a bottom of the barrel O.

White is a failure to replace Marshall. After next year we need to replace White. This past year Jeffery should've been replaced. You want to set us up for 2020, the year we draft nothing but WRs?
I'm not that worried, Pace knows you need an offense in today's NFL. He's not going to upgrade a top D and leave the O hanging. Many of the vocal of CCS wanted a S instead of a QB, they were OK with Glennon starting the whole 2017 season. So yeah.
If you are that set on getting o at 8 it should be a lineman.

The only other o guy I think should be in play at 8 is that beast RB.

What wide receiver are you shooting for? Especially if the Alabama kid is gone?

Gaucho

Liked Posts:
Harold Landry seems to be dropping a bit.
Any EDGE rusher that gets labeled "soft" is completely off my board. A lot of talk that Landry doesn't like contact. I wouldn't even take him @ 37

napo55

Liked Posts:
Interesting analysis by the OP, but fails to discuss the most important measurable: Productivity. 8.5 sacks, good, but hardly the kind of number you'd like to see against inferior competition.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
He’s a mid-first round projection right now. As he gets air time during the Senior Bowl and shows off his gifts at the Combine, I wouldn’t be surprised to see word of mouth rise him to a projected top 8 pick. I gotta be honest—I’d love this pick. It would definitely signal, “Hey, for good or ill, we’re fucking going for it.”

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Looks the part and flashes on tape.

I like him better than guys like Key or Ferrell (did he declare?)

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
If you are that set on getting o at 8 it should be a lineman.

The only other o guy I think should be in play at 8 is that beast RB.

What wide receiver are you shooting for? Especially if the Alabama kid is gone?

Actually at this point if a great onlineman is there that's what I want at 8 over a WR.

I saw a mock with Ridley and Connor Williams going to Bears 1 & 2. At this point I would be very happy if that wishful thinking happens.
But I've only really looked at Ridley and Kirk, Williams and McGlitchey.