Liked Posts:
Option #5.
Sign Landry
Draft Ridley #8
Draft cobbs jr in 4th round
Resign Meredith
Keep white
Sign one of Inman or wright.

Drafting a WR at 8 would be a mistake. Too many other needs on this team with a FA market that has tons of talent as well as scheme fit for the Bears at WR.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I look at Lee as a Robert Woods type................a solid NFL #2, Wilson is still a #3 or #4 until proven otherwise.

If Lee can break out the way R.Woods did getting out of Buffalo and going to the Rams out of the slot then i hope to hell we sign M.Lee cause Woods was great this year.

It sounds like M.Crabtree might get cut so we could sign him and go with the bigger go up and get it guys on the outside with Crabtree and Meredith and sign M.Lee to play slot or go big and sign Landry and Crabtree. No telling what Crabtree would be looking for in a free agent deal though. He's still just 30 but will be 31 in Sept so he'd be like a Sanders where i wouldn't want to sign him to more than 2 years but i'm sure he'd be wanting 4 years so maybe we could meet at 3 years with him.

M.Crabtree
C.Meredith
M.Lee/P.Richardson/A.Wilson
Draft 4th round--DJ Chark/M.Ateman/M.Gallup
K.White
J.Bellamy

M.Crabtree
C.Meredith
2nd round--C.Kirk/J.Washington
Jaron Brown
K.White
J.Bellamy

Or we hit free agency for everything but WR and go WR strong in the draft.

Bring back K.Fuller on the tag which i think is around $14 mil if we can't get him signed long term.

We keep the band together for one more year with the o-line and keep both Sitton and Massie to go with C.Leno, C.Whitehair, K.Long and go hard at o-line next offseason.

We spend around $15 mil for two of:
A.Okafor
A.Clayborn
J.Attoachu
C.Barwin
A.Lynch
J.Galette

Get a CB to play opposite K.Fuller or juts keep Cooper and let E.Donatell get the best out of him. If we cut Coop then sign a starting CB for around what we paid Prince at $7 mil.
P.Amukamara
EJ Gaines
B.Breeland
D.Amerson--who we just had in for a visit

Get a legit ILB to take the place of J.Freeman and to play for Trevathon when he gets hurt for around $5 mil.
N.Bowmann please--The Fangio link
D.Davis
P.Brown

Go WR in the 1st and 2nd round and get any of these two whether we trade down in the 1st round or not.
C.Ridley
C.Kirk
J.Washington
C.Sutton
A.Miller

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Drafting a WR at 8 would be a mistake. Too many other needs on this team with a FA market that has tons of talent as well as scheme fit for the Bears at WR.

There isn't tons of talent at WR in free agency without legit question marks about each one. The only one i would have very minimal question marks about is J.Landry but the price to get him is somewhat scary.

Treehorn

Liked Posts:
My understanding is Landry is primarily a slot WR. I don't see the Bears investing a ton of money into him or the position because it could take away from the reps and effectiveness of both Landry(if signed) and Cohen. It just doesn't make sense at this point. If we didn't have Cohen then it would make more sense. I see the Bears investing in outside WR's and maybe re-signing Wright to split reps with Cohen in the slot when he is positioned there.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Like what? There are no OLB that are better then Ridley as prospects assuming Chubb is gone. You could make a case for a Guard that the team doesn’t need or a Fitzpatrick that the team doesn’t need if we re sign Fuller and Prince.

Make a case for any player in the draft having a bigger impact immediately then Ridley.

The only player I would rather have is Barkley and he isn’t a need but is a level above everyone else in this draft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Mularkey got fired because they didn't like his plans for Mariotta so I would count 2017 as an outlier and Trubs has to improve a lot to get anywhere near MM's 2015 and 2016 production. If I'm a player, I'm going to a playoff team with a QB with proven performance as opposed to one of the worst teams in the league over the past several years with a young QB who has to improve significantly.

Salary may be equal, but endorsement potential is much bigger in Chicago

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
You mean actually commit to building around Trubisky?

I like this if we re sign fuller, prince, sign FA OL depth, and draft a OLB in the 2nd.

That seems too sensical for CCS.

Cam may never be the same again coming off that injury. Yes, players do come back from his injury frequently now but there's still zero guarantee he recovers. A 4th all by itself is insignificant investment in a position this decimated. Signing Landry all by himself doesn't solve the problem. You still need one guy at least who can stretch the field. Preferably two.

The Cam love is somewhat misplaced anyway. He's a UDFA with a flash in the pan season that wasn't even that big of a flash. There's zero guarantee on anything with him, he has no form to return to. He's not an irreplaceable commodity at this point.
The way CCS works I'm amazed his fumble costing the game isn't stuck in minds more than his TDs.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Like what? There are no OLB that are better then Ridley as prospects assuming Chubb is gone. You could make a case for a Guard that the team doesn’t need or a Fitzpatrick that the team doesn’t need if we re sign Fuller and Prince.

Make a case for any player in the draft having a bigger impact immediately then Ridley.

The only player I would rather have is Barkley and he isn’t a need but is a level above everyone else in this draft.

Long just had 3 surgeries and Sitton is old as fuck so I don’t see how they don’t need a guard or C to slide whitehair to guard. Edmunds is young and is a great prospect, and Davenport is intriguing. Neither amukamara or fuller have been signed, and even so amukamara is underwhelming and injury prone so best DB available is also interesting choice.

Barkley is the best player in the draft and obviously won’t be there.

Ridley is a good prospect but to say it’s an obvious choice is wrong.

Luke

Liked Posts:

Setting QB, Barkley,Chubb and Fitz aside, here is how I look at 8 assuming they all do great at the combine.

This high up its only QB, edge rusher, LT, WR, RB/CB in that order so throw out QB, LT, RB.

1 Davenport
2 Edmunds if they think he can be an edge rusher
3 Ridley
4 Hughes/Jackson if they run sub 4.4

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Long just had 3 surgeries and Sitton is old as fuck so I don’t see how they don’t need a guard or C to slide whitehair to guard. Edmunds is young and is a great prospect, and Davenport is intriguing. Neither amukamara or fuller have been signed, and even so amukamara is underwhelming and injury prone so best DB available is also interesting choice.

Barkley is the best player in the draft and obviously won’t be there.

Ridley is a good prospect but to say it’s an obvious choice is wrong.

Long was playing with the need for surgeries. I would hope the surgeries make him better not worse.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Long was playing with the need for surgeries. I would hope the surgeries make him better not worse.

Yeah me too but you still need to recover from those surgeries. It's foolish to say - "well we don't know what Meredith will be he is just coming off of ACL surgery" and then in the same breath say "well Long just had surgery so he will come back stronger"

We don't know what either of these guys will be coming back. Even so, lets say Long comes back 100% you still have Sitton who is nearing the end of his tenure as a Bear and potentially the end of his career as a football player. Taking the best O Line prospect with pick #8 should not be out of the picture.

BearsG35

Liked Posts:
I'm surprised nobody is talking about Anthony Miller from Memphis as a draft possibility. Dude is gonna be a steal in the mid rounds of the draft. He reminds me of Antonio Brown.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
What would I do at WR?

Not much, given I'm 5'5" and 44 years old...

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
I love option #2 if you sub out Wilson for Marqise Lee.

Emmanuel Sanders
Cameron Meredith
Marqise Lee
Michael Gallup
Kendall Wright
Dontelle Inman

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I love option #2 if you sub out Wilson for Marqise Lee.

Emmanuel Sanders
Cameron Meredith
Marqise Lee
Michael Gallup
Kendall Wright
Dontelle Inman

That would be a nice unit. I could very easily live with that.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
1. Sign Jarvis Landry [5/67.5], Sign Brice Butler [3/9], Draft Someone in the 4th round

Landry give the Bears a productive veteran they can lean on while younger players [Shaheen, 4th round pick, Cohen] develop and while Meredith gets back to form. Give Trubisky someone he can lean on and has remarkable consistency and health. Butler gives them a big, fast guy that can threaten downfield and who is looking for a chance to start.

2. Sign Albert Wilson [4/28], Trade for Emmanueal Sanders [2019 5th], Draft in the 2nd round [Moore, Miller, Washington]

Wilson gives the Bears some speed and play making in the slot and Sanders gives them some dependable speed on the outside that at a minimum will run good routes and help out a young QB. The 2nd round pick would be the long term replacement for Sanders and gets some time to develop in 2018.

3. Sign Albert Wilson [4/28], Sign Paul Richardson [4/32], Draft in the 2nd round

Again Wilson gives the Bears someone that can produce in the slot, Richardson gives the Bears some outside speed with upside, but more risk. The 2nd round pick would be worked in and give the Bears serious depth and someone in case Richardson regresses or gets injured.

It has all gone sideways, free agency has blown up in our face and we are desperately in need of something

4. Re-sign Kendall Wright, Sign Brice Butler [3/9], Draft someone in the 2nd and 4th round

If things go like they did in 2017 and we get rejected by guys and Wilson goes back to KC and Sanders goes to Miami, then we need to bring back Wright he had a connection with Trubisky. Get a veteran to start on the outside in Butler and hoped that one of 2 draft picks can play sooner rather than later.
In regards to FAs, you are right on when you say get WRs who are extremely dependable, with no recent durability issues!

But that's exactly why we cannot sign Brice Butler. Brice is not dependable... neither in his life-time (including recent) injury history, nor in his reception reliability. (*)

I'm totally in favor of signing Landry and getting a 4th Rd WR, and I know we should sign an outside WR, preferably with speed to stretch the field, but it has to be a rock solid dependable and durable WR! (as we'll already have doubts about White & Meredith).

Hopefully the 4th Rd WR will be an outside WR with speed. And we have to remember we'll have Meredith and White on the roster who are outside WRs (if they're able to take the field). And there's a good chance we'll have Bellamy, who can play outside.

In regards to dependable & durable WRs, I just assume we re-sign Wright, along with signing Landry. It's not like we can't have two solid slot WRs, and Wright won't be expensive. Also sign that dependable outside FA. Bellamy is not at all a requirement.

WR - 6
Meredith
White
Landry
Wright
4th Rd
FA dependable outside WR
(Bellamy)

We re-sign Bellamy (2017 was 1yr/$775k), and see what shakes down at final roster cut time.

(*) Butler 2015: hamstring 6 Gs limited, 12 Rec. 2016: inconsistency problems, untimely penalties, 16 Rec. 2017: foot injury missed 3 Gs, 15 Rec.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I'm surprised nobody is talking about Anthony Miller from Memphis as a draft possibility. Dude is gonna be a steal in the mid rounds of the draft. He reminds me of Antonio Brown.

That's my guy. I've been talking this kid up for a while but i guess i haven't brought him up in a minute, still love him though especially at pick #39. I think i've just become a bigger fan of a couple of other WR's is why i haven't talked about A.Miller in a while but after Ridley i love 3 kids most with A.Miller, J.Washington and C.Kirk.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
As far as the national mocks have gone I have seen a really low number of WR's going in the first round, with a majority of mock drafts only projecting 2 WR's to be picked in the first.

If that ends up being there case there is a great chance a quality WR will be there at pick #39.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Love watching Miller play, he is so damn quick. I think he will blow up the combine and move up as high as the second round.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Yeah me too but you still need to recover from those surgeries. It's foolish to say - "well we don't know what Meredith will be he is just coming off of ACL surgery" and then in the same breath say "well Long just had surgery so he will come back stronger"

We don't know what either of these guys will be coming back. Even so, lets say Long comes back 100% you still have Sitton who is nearing the end of his tenure as a Bear and potentially the end of his career as a football player. Taking the best O Line prospect with pick #8 should not be out of the picture.

I don't know about the other surgeries but he's got plenty of time for the neck. No bone issues with that one or else I may be iffy about not knowing until right before the season.
I think they should have a good idea about how he's doing with all the surgeries before the draft.

If an Oline star is still there I'd take that over WR just because it would do more for all the WRs