My Free Agent WR Rankings

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My Free Agent WR Rankings

Tier 1

1. Allen Robinson, the health scares me a ton but he is as close to a true #1 that may hit the market
2. Jarvis Landry, durable, productive, and a reliable target for the offense to lean on while others develop
3. Sammy Watkins, love the skill set, but has missed time and never really been super productive
4. Albert Wilson, love the scheme fit and the burst he has a little concerned about what happens with more spot light
5. Emmanuel Sanders, consistent veteran who has some speed and will be where you need him to be

Tier 2

6. Marquise Lee, has some consistent production and health, which is more than others on this list
7. Josh Gordon, this is a grand slam swing
8. Paul Richardson, injuries and only 1 year of production that was somewhat inconsistent
9. Donte Moncreif, has the speed and some production but injuries are big for him
10. Brice Butler, big and with speed, but has never really been more than a 4th option
11. John Brown, has the speed but is 2 injury filled years from being productive.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You understand you have Albert Wilson in the same group as Emmanuel Sanders, Allen Robinson, Sammy Watkins, and Jarvis Landry?

One of these things is not like the other.

I think in terms of past production that is true.

Based on what I think he could do in the offense I think that he belongs in that group. He has been very productive on a per targets basis in the exact role we are signing for him.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Almost one third of Albert Wilson’s entire 2017 production came in the last game of the season playing with back ups after KC already clinched their playoff spot. You could be completely right aboot his ascending talent, but I don’t really see it...yet. Tier 1 should only have 3 WR’s.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Something worth noting in regards to Landry. D.J Moore has a very similar skill set and can be had much cheaper.

A.Miller has some of those traits as well.

So the question becomes, would you rather burn a 2nd round pick or break the bank for the proven commodity?

I'm starting to lean towards the draft on this. If in fact Nagy is looking for a Bonafide slot option.

I wouldn't be upset with signing Landry. I am a fan of his game but prefer leaning on the draft.

Xplosive

In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
No Cam Meredith, Dontrell Inman on the list? To be honest Josh Gordon should be the #1 guy overall despite prior suspensions.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Something worth noting in regards to Landry. D.J Moore has a very similar skill set and can be had much cheaper.

So the question becomes, would you rather burn a 2nd round pick or break the bank for the proven commodity?

I'm starting to lean towards the draft on this. If in fact Nagy is looking for a Bonafide slot option.

I wouldn't be upset with signing Landry. I am a fan of his game but prefer leaning on the draft.

DJ Moore or A. Miller would be nice

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Landry costs 14 million

A 2nd round pick is worth more than that. It costs the Browns 18 million to buy Houston's 2nd round pick in the Osweiler trade.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

There is no guarantee that a drafted player is ready week 1 of the season, we do need some guys for Trubisky to lean on early in the season.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Almost one third of Albert Wilson’s entire 2017 production came in the last game of the season playing with back ups after KC already clinched their playoff spot. You could be completely right aboot his ascending talent, but I don’t really see it...yet. Tier 1 should only have 3 WR’s.

Part of that is why I think he would fit in very nicely.

His usage and his production went way up with Nagy calling plays. I think that makes him uniquely more valuable to the Bears than other teams.

He is not on Landry's level by any means, but to the Bears I think you can reasonably project him to be the 2nd most targeted WR on the offense.

Kekua Zombie

Liked Posts:
Id put Josh Gordon in Tier 1 before Wilson. He may be one joint away from a lifetime ban, but he is still a gamechanger like nobody else on this list. The dude missed all of that time and came back and produced for the shit Browns with a shit Qb. That was amazing.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Id put Josh Gordon in Tier 1 before Wilson. He may be one joint away from a lifetime ban, but he is still a gamechanger like nobody else on this list. The dude missed all of that time and came back and produced for the shit Browns with a shit Qb. That was amazing.

Availability is too important to the Bears.

If Gordon gets suspended week 3, now we have a young QB without his top option for the rest of the season.

RochBear

Liked Posts:
Landry costs 14 million

A 2nd round pick is worth more than that. It costs the Browns 18 million to buy Houston's 2nd round pick in the Osweiler trade.
The second round pick pays off in 'cheap' labor for 4 years ... for 18 million plus the rookie amount. Landry cost is perhaps 55 million for 4 years ... with much more assurance of success.

Kekua Zombie

Liked Posts:
Availability is too important to the Bears.

If Gordon gets suspended week 3, now we have a young QB without his top option for the rest of the season.

True. But with all that he has gone through to get back, I'm betting on his sobriety. An ACL injury could do the same to any WR. Id rather see the Bears strike out swinging for the fences instead of bunting. Besides we are overdue for some bounces to go our way.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
There is no guarantee that a drafted player is ready week 1 of the season, we do need some guys for Trubisky to lean on early in the season.

I understand that. It boils down to priority. Would you rather have your outside guys as the proven commodity or the inside because you can't have both.

The bears will have at least one rookie playing wr this year.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I understand that. It boils down to priority. Would you rather have your outside guys as the proven commodity or the inside because you can't have both.

The bears will have at least one rookie playing wr this year.

The problem is that I do not see a lot of "sure" things on the outside. Robinsons and Watkins both seem destined for the tag and then we have to start talking about trading for Sanders.

I just want a proven guy to me that is 1-3 on the list without debate.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Josh Gordon is an ERFA, meaning he's not really a free agent at all unless Cleveland wants him to be.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
True. But with all that he has gone through to get back, I'm betting on his sobriety. An ACL injury could do the same to any WR. Id rather see the Bears strike out swinging for the fences instead of bunting. Besides we are overdue for some bounces to go our way.

The Browns have consistently bet on his sobriety.

Yes an ACL can do the same thing, that is why we should not sign someone with 4 ACL injuries in their career.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
The more that I watch DJ play the more I fall in love with his talent. His ability to break at the top of his stem is scary.

He really should have had alot more production this year but the ball placement on most of the deeper passes where he absolutely obliterated the CB or Saftey was down right hideous.

Getting turned around after beating his man badly was a failry common theme.