Hawks vs Unintentionally Tanking IGT (Rest of the year)

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I am glad some guys like Hayden are getting playing time and such, but at this point, I'm not sure I want them to win.

Personally, I don't think a single player will cure the 'hawks woes. Even if we do get the #1 pick, there are multiple core players making bank and not perfomring up to said cap hit: Toews, Saad, Keith, and Seabs.

One guy is not going to fix all of them. Even if Toews and Saad manage to play close to, if not actual at their cap hits, Keith and Seabs are old so it's very unlikely they'll be close to being 5M+ defenders. Not much you can do about that though and not a knock on them.

So at this point, why not get some of the kids in there and let them try to eek out a few wins on their own to see what they got without the core to lean on (not like they've been able to lean on the core this year outside of Kane and Crawford...but that's besides the point)

I think at this point the 'hawks have to be thinking a few moves ahead: how are they going to get and acquire the next core: Who is going to take over the load from Toews, Keith, Seabrook, etc.? Further, how can they tuck those future players in for their major payday when TKK's current deals expire?

I don't know about all of you, but I can suffer a few early-to-mid 2000's years if it positioned the 'hawks for another major push come the mid 2020's

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Sure but don't they have 2 first round now. I know the other probably late round but you might be able to use 1 or both to get rid of at least one of the dead weights. That is if they agree to move.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I am glad some guys like Hayden are getting playing time and such, but at this point, I'm not sure I want them to win.

The most noticeable players the beginning of the year were Haydon, Debrincat, Schmaltz, Rutta and Forsling. Only Schmaltz and the cat have made it the entire year.

Still waiting to see the cat with Schmaltz and Kane. I will settle for Vinnie with Schmaltz and Kane, but they are tip toeing on not being able to move some of these guys.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Hawks down 5-1 in the 1st...

:cringe:

This team might be pushing Stan to fire Q

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm going to my first home game in a while, it's vs. the Jets at the end of the month. Maybe I should bring a paper bag for my head.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Hawks down 5-1 in the 1st...

:cringe:

This team might be pushing Stan to fire Q

It almost looks that way, but this is hockey right, more pride than any other major sport. How did Bowman's really get us to the cup? Fringe pickups, betterans over kids, the seabrook extension? How close was this core to winning a cup before they got here anyway?

I still say its a pissing contest between Bowman's and Q,and the players are tired of getting wet. I would think ousting the GM would be the better move than losing a hall of fame coach. Its not that Q lost the locker room, its the locker room is exhausted of the struggles within the organization.

But then again, did they bring Ulf in considering he was in training for the head job?

I read an article from the tribune about the stans best and worst moves, best were actually rated as Vermette, Panarin Signing, Leddy trade to get him, Oduyas first stint here, Ray Emery.

Vermette helped get the cup, Panarin signing got us no cup, losing Leddy tore up this defense, a guy that would have been great to have kept here.

His worst were the punitive Hammer deal, the seabrook extension, trading soup for nothing ( there was value in shedding 7 million to me) the Daley trade which was a square peg for a round hole. Pretty sure you can add losing Leddy, punitive deal of saad, punitive deal of panarin, all for not accepting bridge deals.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It almost looks that way, but this is hockey right, more pride than any other major sport. How did Bowman's really get us to the cup? Fringe pickups, betterans over kids, the seabrook extension? How close was this core to winning a cup before they got here anyway?

I still say its a pissing contest between Bowman's and Q,and the players are tired of getting wet. I would think ousting the GM would be the better move than losing a hall of fame coach. Its not that Q lost the locker room, its the locker room is exhausted of the struggles within the organization.

But then again, did they bring Ulf in considering he was in training for the head job?

I read an article from the tribune about the stans best and worst moves, best were actually rated as Vermette, Panarin Signing, Leddy trade to get him, Oduyas first stint here, Ray Emery.

Vermette helped get the cup, Panarin signing got us no cup, losing Leddy tore up this defense, a guy that would have been great to have kept here.

His worst were the punitive Hammer deal, the seabrook extension, trading soup for nothing ( there was value in shedding 7 million to me) the Daley trade which was a square peg for a round hole. Pretty sure you can add losing Leddy, punitive deal of saad, punitive deal of panarin, all for not accepting bridge deals.

I would argue leaving the cupboard bare as far as having anything resembling an NHL goaltender....the worst I've seen since Pang and Chevrier. That was 30 years ago. A lot of problems here but Crawford going down was the most defining.

BTW, have a good off season boys. I'm done watching this crap for the season. Not that I haven't seen worse....but the fall from where they were to where they are is just too steep. They need to continue to get younger and find some way to get rid of the dead wood they've accumulated.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I disagree. Part of Q's job is to manage egoes, and with guys like Toews, Kane, Keith, and Seabrook, you almost got as much ego there as William Shatner. There's no reason the team should be as bad as it is, yet it is.

Now, that's not to say Stan or the players are absolved of any blame (there's more than plenty to go around), but Q deserves his share as well. If Q outlasts Stan, it probably won't be more than a year. If Stan outlasts Q, it probably won't be for more than a year. I personally think both have done what they needed to do and brought us the cups, but now the paradigm has shifted. The core players aren't the players you can build a team around and expect them to do the heavy lifting (maybe Kane and Crawford, but that's it). Maybe a couple like Toews should still be, but he's not, and IMHO that directly reflects on the coach for either misusing him or failing to motivate him.

Q's system hasn't changed to reflect this, Stan's acquisition policies haven't changed to reflect this. Those are major issues right there, and IMHO both have outlived their usefulness. I think in a perfect world both are gone in the offseason (and losing Crawford is not bandied around like it's a viable excuse to explain Arkhipov, Quint, Odelin, annd Bochenski...er...Toews, Keith, Seabrook, and Saad's lack of play), and a new regime that won't keep the core comfortable is brought in. Preferably a Keenan type.

That probably won't happen, but I think one is gone this summer, the next is gone next summer when the results don't add up again.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Capt Donuts is out.... oh the humanity

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
As I said before.... if I was offered a deal of Eddie O beating cancer for this shitty Hawks season, I woulda taken it in a heartbeat.

Good for Eddie.

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fuck hockey. It's a game.
I'm was never really a fan of Eddie No Check But a Paycheck Olczyk, but he's a good guy and pretty good at his job.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
His comments at the end or after the game about seabrook playing "better" since he was a healthy scratch did not really say he was playing up to his usual capacity. If these guys are hurt there is no reason to play them the rest of the way other than to keep some d men in rockford for a playoff push. But if the ice hogs are pushing for the playoffs, they would send Vinnie, Haydon, Jurco, and these kids back down anyway. Nobody has clinched in the central in the AHL and teams are all close.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
His comments at the end or after the game about seabrook playing "better" since he was a healthy scratch did not really say he was playing up to his usual capacity. If these guys are hurt there is no reason to play them the rest of the way other than to keep some d men in rockford for a playoff push. But if the ice hogs are pushing for the playoffs, they would send Vinnie, Haydon, Jurco, and these kids back down anyway. Nobody has clinched in the central in the AHL and teams are all close.

Idk how you can tell Seabrook is playing better... I mean I've seen a few bright spots here and there from him... his shot was actually getting thru from the blue line yesterday.

But I turned it off at 5-1.... if he was playing even decent he would be holding down his own pairing and helping to keep the games closer I would think.

Seabs, Keith, Toews all need to do some real reflection this offseason and dedicate themselves to hockey.... they are paid millions to play this game.... I think they've lost sight of that and lost their drive to compete.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Idk how you can tell Seabrook is playing better... I mean I've seen a few bright spots here and there from him... his shot was actually getting thru from the blue line yesterday.

But I turned it off at 5-1.... if he was playing even decent he would be holding down his own pairing and helping to keep the games closer I would think.

Seabs, Keith, Toews all need to do some real reflection this offseason and dedicate themselves to hockey.... they are paid millions to play this game.... I think they've lost sight of that and lost their drive to compete.

New coach would make a difference, too much of same ol same ol.