Equanimeous St. Brown

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
The St Brown family is the Ball family of the NFL. He speaks three languages.

[video=youtube_share;ukYld9Uw_IQ]https://youtu.be/ukYld9Uw_IQ[/video]

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
He has interesting measurables and I wouldnt mind taking a 4th round flier on the guy, but I dont want him to be considered a major part of what revamps the WR corps this offseason (if that makes sense).

To put it otherwise, I'd still want us to take a high draft pick on WR and get a couple upgrades in FA as well, but a guy with his athletic traits would still be welcome on top of that.

gobullschi

Liked Posts:
Pros:
Good size (6'4)
Smart (speaks 3 languages)
Bloodlines (father 2x Mr. Universe)
Work Ethic (lives in the gym)
Route Running

Cons:
Inconsistent hands
Average Jump Ball Skills
Quickness

The combine will dictate where he goes in the draft. If he runs a 4.40 40 then he might climb into the middle of the 2nd round.

PAPABEAR77

Liked Posts:
Yea I think brown with show flashes but will be to inconsistent . Simmie cobbs is a better prospect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kaufman20Embalm

Liked Posts:
He is going to go a lot later than round 2 but he could be a steal. He kind of reminds me of Steffon Diggs in the sense that he was a highly touted recruit out of highschool that really under performed in college but could develop into a really good pro player in the right system

gobullschi

Liked Posts:
He is going to go a lot later than round 2 but he could be a steal. He kind of reminds me of Steffon Diggs in the sense that he was a highly touted recruit out of highschool that really under performed in college but could develop into a really good pro player in the right system

He had a pretty good season with DeShone Kizer. With a better QB he would have been considered a 1st rounder.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Yea I think brown with show flashes but will be to inconsistent . Simmie cobbs is a better prospect

He was arrested at a Jason Aldean concert Bears should have a zero tolerance against country music fans.

636358151922009989-0YD2GHB3.jpg

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
high 3rd the very very highest I accept. If he ain't on the board at 70 I was wrong.

Its probable he struggles with separation or he should have excelled in Kelly's offense.

His numbers suggest he lacks something, more of a hybrid TE/slot guy than an X. A poor man's brandon marshall.

napo55

Liked Posts:
Pros:
Good size (6'4)
Smart (speaks 3 languages)
Bloodlines (father 2x Mr. Universe)
Work Ethic (lives in the gym)
Route Running

Cons:
Inconsistent hands
Average Jump Ball Skills
Quickness

The combine will dictate where he goes in the draft. If he runs a 4.40 40 then he might climb into the middle of the 2nd round.

I'd add lack of production as the most important Con. Sure, there may be explanations, but the idea is to shoot for players who don't need a lot of explaining with high draft choices. Maybe a 4th or 5th, although hopefully there will be a higher WR drafted, not to mention a FA WR, so I'd hate to waste a 4th when this team has so many other needs. .

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
i like the little ive seen of him. in regards to size/skill set, he is my type of receiver.

the other day i heard daniel jeremiah ranking the top 5 WRs and he said st brown will produce at the next level and his lack of production this past year was all QB related and not an issue.

this year seems weird with the wr position as theres no consensus top 1 or 2 guys. though ridley seems to be getting hyped up a lot again.

Luke

Liked Posts:
I don't get the lack of production especially as DJ explains it. I'm guessing he thinks Brown has a good combine and scouts go back to 2016 with Kizer where he had 58 rec for 961 yards and 9 td's and thinks some team will want him over all of those projected slot receivers.

The Doctor

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
Yes he has..... by me.
And me. I posted this in the "Who's your favorite WR" thread on Jan 30
Equanimeous St. Brown

A promising pass-catcher whose potential far outweighs his college stats, St. Brown is a tall, lean target who will be an NFL quarterback’s dream, both down the field and in the red zone. His impressive combination of height and catch radius will make it extremely difficult for opposing defenders to beat him to the ball.

Still just scratching the surface of his potential, St. Brown’s upside is through the roof, and he’ll only get better with some added bulk. If he’s able to add a few pounds of quality muscle and continue refining his natural skills, he could develop into one of the best playmakers to come out of this year’s deep receiver class.

D. J. Chark

Tall and fast, Chark is a linear route-runner who may need a limited route tree, but who has the potential to back safeties off the line of scrimmage. Chark will be coveted by play-action passing attacks looking to win with chunk plays down the field, but he'll need to improve his ball skills to take advantage of all that speed. Chark could struggle early on against press coverage, but he has the ability to become a solid WR2.

Bort

Liked Posts:
I watched a ton of film on Kizer's 2016 season for my big quarterback evaluations thread last year.

I wasn't studying EQ specifically, but one thing I noticed was that EQ was getting open downfield a lot, and Kizer often tucked it and ran or threw it to someone else who was covered while EQ was running downfield wide open. The other thing I noticed was that EQ has very deceptive speed. He has that Cris Carter thing going for him where he never looks like he's running very fast and then the next thing you know he's past everyone.

EQ also made some spectacular catches on inaccurate throws.

Anyway, I don't know anything about his personality or alleged softness or whatever, but EQ definitely passed the eye test and looked like a legit #1 NFL receiver on film (at least during the 2016 season).

Kaufman20Embalm

Liked Posts:
He had a pretty good season with DeShone Kizer. With a better QB he would have been considered a 1st rounder.

I agree, I loved him last year and thought he would take a major step forward this year. I know the qb play was awful, I'm an ND fan and watched every game. He left a lot of plays on the field this year with easy drops and poor concentration. I think he has a chan e to be a very good NFL player if he gets in the correct situation that will keep him focused and involved.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
high 3rd the very very highest I accept. If he ain't on the board at 70 I was wrong.

Its probable he struggles with separation or he should have excelled in Kelly's offense.

His numbers suggest he lacks something, more of a hybrid TE/slot guy than an X. A poor man's brandon marshall.

He had someone that couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with a shotgun throwing him the ball. Look at his numbers with Kizer instead of a QB that had a sub 50% completion rate

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I'd add lack of production as the most important Con. Sure, there may be explanations, but the idea is to shoot for players who don't need a lot of explaining with high draft choices. Maybe a 4th or 5th, although hopefully there will be a higher WR drafted, not to mention a FA WR, so I'd hate to waste a 4th when this team has so many other needs. .

Lol. This lack of production shit. You can knock him for other things but playing WR with an option QB is not a way to get "production," especially when the running game is averaging 300yds a game.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have many of the same critiques I had of Kevin White coming out. He traps the ball way too frequently against his body, neutrilizing his height and wingspan. He doesn't play 6'5", but like tall guys doesn't have the quickness of a Antonio Brown even if he proves like Kevin did he has the 40 yard speed(long strider).

He for sure has some of the Tampa WR, Evans.

I like him, and I'm sure you are right if he runs 4.4ish he will shoot up boards, but he didn't show WR skills in college. He just showed athlete skills, and that is always concerning making the jump. Trapping the ball against his body will not be good enough, there will not be that space, and he either learns to pick cotton like Jeffery or he will bust, or be moved to a slot TE/hybrid guy you just get the ball to quick and annoy defensive backs who have to tackle him.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
If St.Brown is taken in the 4th, that is a steal.

He has the physical attributes of a #1 WR, if he can get it together he could be A.J Green.

Porkchop

Liked Posts:
I watched ND play all of last year, and yes EQ was shafted a bit because of Wimbush's shortcomings as a passer, but that doesn't fully pardon him. He himself still disappointed.

Despite his size, he struggles mightily at grabbing the 50/50 balls. His catch rate was also disappointing, and no, Wimbush is not the reason for that, because his teammate Chase Claypool (teams 2nd leading receiver) had a far higher catch rate.

Great physical tools, but his physicality and consistency leave much to be desired. I'd maybe spend a 3rd or 4th on him, but that may be a stretch.

PAPABEAR77

Liked Posts:
He was arrested at a Jason Aldean concert Bears should have a zero tolerance against country music fans.

636358151922009989-0YD2GHB3.jpg

That is why he will be good he know what good music is and it was just a cop having a bad day. Not simmie out of control lol.