Dolphins expected to Franchise Tag Landry

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Because I think Burton is going to want No 1 TE money rather than No 2 TE money. He is not going to look at the Bears and be like, "You guys have a stud in Shaheen so I'mma just take less to back him up."

And it would be stupid to give a TE say 5-6 million a year to be the No 2 TE so if you go after Burton it has to be with the expectation IMO that he is the No 1 TE.

Let them compete.

There are plenty of TE targets to go around and we have no idea what Shaheen is. They will end up playing very different positions and filling very different roles.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Thats nice that he wants number 1 TE money, unfortunately he has not shown he's deserving number 1 TE money...Hes shown potential dont get me wrong and thats probably why he'll get some offers ranging from 4-6 mill based on potential...his actual numbers are pedestrian...if the bears bring him in, he will compete for the number 1 spot, much like any team that will bring in a guy unless there is a huge void at the position.

Dion Simms got 3 years and 18 million. My point is that you are not bringing in a TE for 6 million a year with the expectation that he is the No 2 TE. Sims stats were just as pedestrian and he still got 6 million and was handed the No 1 TE spot essentially.

Let them compete.

There are plenty of TE targets to go around and we have no idea what Shaheen is. They will end up playing very different positions and filling very different roles.

I agree. I just responded because of your No 2 comment. I think Burton is going to be paid like an average No 1 TE is all. Somewhere in the neighborhood of what Simms got if not a little more.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Well of course you're willing to risk it since you don't have your job on the line, the question is would you do it if you were the GM. Now i know you're gonna say you would but without being in that position and knowing the plan for this team, i don't think you could seriously answer that question.

You can recover from bad contracts and money that was wasted, the Bears are going to quickly move on from a turd of a free agent period last season and no one lost their jobs.

You lose you job because the on field product sucks. You lose your job because the QB you picked 2nd overall doesn't look good throwing to scrap heap WRs.

The Bears have money and they can take some risks to improve the on field talent.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Dion Simms got 3 years and 18 million. My point is that you are not bringing in a TE for 6 million a year with the expectation that he is the No 2 TE. Sims stats were just as pedestrian and he still got 6 million and was handed the No 1 TE spot essentially.

I am not sure who is #1 and #2 matters as much if they are on the field at the same time.

I would expect Burton to play the flex TE position at the same time that Shaheen is on the field playing the inline spot.

The Bears have the luxury of paying Burton because Shaheen is cheap for another 3 years. There total investment at TE would be like 8.5 million which is 1 starter on other teams.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Let them compete.

We may not..... but Pace better know.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
We may not..... but Pace better know.

I think this was one of the lasting screw jobs of the Fox regime was not knowing what Shaheen is. He should have played a ton down the stretch.

If they follow the KC model of 170 targets to the TEs, or even reduce it to 140-150 then there is easily room for both Burton and Shaheen to have significant roles on offense.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
NFL Network
NFL Network
@nflnetwork
·
5m
The Dolphins are "keeping all of their options open" after franchise tagging Jarvis Landry.

@RapSheet and @MikeGarafolo with the latest ⬇️

: #UpToTheMinute
2:39
Embedded video

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

I agree. I just responded because of your No 2 comment. I think Burton is going to be paid like an average No 1 TE is all. Somewhere in the neighborhood of what Simms got if not a little more.

I agree I expect he will be in the 7 million dollar range.

I expect he will have a healthy market because flex TEs allow you to do so much hurry up and move them around without letting the defense sub.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
NFL Network
NFL Network
@nflnetwork
·
5m
The Dolphins are "keeping all of their options open" after franchise tagging Jarvis Landry.

@RapSheet and @MikeGarafolo with the latest ⬇️

��: #UpToTheMinute
2:39
Embedded video

Fuck them moving on.

Restructure Suh again so we can all watch that contract explode like a nuke.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I am not sure who is #1 and #2 matters as much if they are on the field at the same time.

I would expect Burton to play the flex TE position at the same time that Shaheen is on the field playing the inline spot.

The Bears have the luxury of paying Burton because Shaheen is cheap for another 3 years. There total investment at TE would be like 8.5 million which is 1 starter on other teams.

My point is moreso I wouldn't just assume or hand Shaheen the No 1 TE role while paying Burton 6 million +. Teams are in 2 TE sets like 20-30% of the time so what happens the other 70-80% when the Bears go 3 or 4 wide with a single TE?

I am not sure Shaheen is the best option as the lone TE so the point about No 1 and No 2 is I don't think you give a guy 6 million+ to sit on the bench 70-80% of the time even if you can afford to do so.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners

Chad Forbes

Chad Forbes
@NFLDraftBites
Very entertaining how #Dolphins Bots (aka Personnel Staffers & PR types) working overtime to tell anyone that’ll listen Jarvis Landry will be back in 2018.

RochBear

Liked Posts:
Whether you wanted Landry or not this hurts the Bears.

The market becomes tighter and more competive.

Now we have a GM who has struggled to land his top targets, who has struggled at the WR position, in a smaller more expensive talent pool. Not good.
I suppose, but it does reduce Miami's hunger for WRs.

Xplosive

In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
On who's draft board? Is this gonna be like the Alshon thing again where you're just making shit up?

A little company called nfl draft scout, you should familiarize yourself with them in the future and maybe spend some time in the mirror when thinking about opinions versus reality.

Here is their top 10 overall prospects for 2015:

1. Leonard Williams
2. Jameis Winston
3. Marcus Mariota
4. Amari Cooper
5. Dante Fowler
6. VIC BEASLEY
7. Kevin White
8. Brandon Scherff
9. Trae Waynes
10. Danny Shelton

[emoji6]

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
The Bears will need to move on to less productive and more risky options at WR. It sucks I would have liked to have reduced the risk as much as possible this season, but that is not the reality of the market.

I still do not take a WR at 8.

I am however pretty much locked into the best available WR at 39.

What about your guy Crosby?? I could dig the Ridley at 8 and Best OL at 39 depending on how many QB’s get picked in the top 7.

I could also go Nelson and then Best WR at 39.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I kind of wish no one will trade with the Dolphins just to see their roster implode.......

It is a mess.

I cannot see how they have him play for 16 million. They need his cap hit under 10 million just to be functional in free agency.

I hope they eat it as well.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
I kind of wish no one will trade with the Dolphins just to see their roster implode.......
The way I see it Landry is on board with this move, and if a trade is not made Fins will rescind the tag.

PAPABEAR77

Liked Posts:

Get your popcorn ready i believe they are going to tack the tag off at the last min

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk