2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
TB offered him $7-8m to stay. Why would they now give us a pick and pay him $15m to come back? $12.5m if we pay his bonus and wait for the opportunity. Why would we pay $2.5m to keep him around for that trade and what pick do you think you could get for the $2.5m? Nothing really but a conditional 5thish, maybe.

This makes no sense. My only guess is that Pace wouldn't mind keeping him around at the right price and is trying to renegotiate his deal. In this scenario, he would tell Glennon's agent to go find his best deal and will then decide if it's worth a match. I doubt TB will again offer the $7m they did and at that price he may not be a horrible idea with our new system anyway.

This is the only possible scenario that would keep Glennon here. People forget that pace likes Glennon as a QB

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
People forget that pace likes Glennon as a QB

No one has forgotten that. definitely his biggest talent evaluation failure. if nagy wants glennon i am cool with keeping him on a cheaper deal, but if he is just doing it just because he doesn't want to admit he made a mistake then well you all know what i think of him so no need to reiterate.

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
If Pace keeps Glennon, does he have trade value if someone's starter goes down?? That would be best case scenario and one of the top reasons for keeping Glennon, imo. Even if it's only for a late round pick. We need as much draft capital as possible.

Again, not advocating for this, so keep the dorkchop comments to yourself.

Sorry, dorkchop, but you could have put even a little effort into logically thinking about this before asking.....

A market of better quarterbacks in free agency and an expected draft of anywhere from 3-6 first round picks, and hell even some bad back ups with expiring contracts are all options before trading for this bad contract. Do you think teams, after seeing his tour-de-force 10 turnovers in 4 games are going to be lining up in any scenario to trade for this mentally disabled giraffe?

If so, I'd love to know whom, and I saw that you got lazy and proposed his old team, Tampa if "Jameis goes down." Fitzpatrick is a free agent, and can probably be easily retained for a lower cost. Dirk Koetter chose to keep Ryan Griffin over the Special person giraffe too.

My guess is Pace is holding onto him and will let other teams sign, possibly after drafting guys before giving him the boot.

LiverpoolBearsFAn

Liked Posts:
Glennon and Loggains going is the long and short of our offensive changes. I'll miss their comedy value if nothing else.

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
The Chicago Bears Pro shop will be having a sale on Glennon's game worn underpants autographed by Glennon himself.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Let me start by saying I am in no way advocating for this, but just for a topic of discussion during a slow period. What if Pace decided to keep Glennon? Couple reasons why I can see this.

- Probably not going to find a better back up. (Kinda hard to believe)

- Great locker room guy, maybe he works really well with Trubisky

- With Landry and Robinson likely out of FA, we are going to have a ton of cap and really no one to spend it on. We could probably sign all the guys Pace wants to and still have plenty of cap.

That's really all I got and this is my big question. If Pace keeps Glennon, does he have trade value if someone's starter goes down?? That would be best case scenario and one of the top reasons for keeping Glennon, imo. Even if it's only for a late round pick. We need as much draft capital as possible.

Again, not advocating for this, so keep the dorkchop comments to yourself.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Chicago Bears Pro shop will be having a sale on Glennon's game worn underpants autographed by Glennon himself.

The ones from the first five games of the season are shvt-stained, the remainder remarkably clean . . .

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
This thread reminds me of the posters who claimed Glennon could garner some trade value last season....man that thread cracked me up

I liked the one after Trubisky's (I think) third game, where he threw a couple of picks, and someone started a thread that said "let's use the rest of the year to see what we have in Glennon."

By the way, is the OP an Aussie alt?