Adrian Amos - SS
Christian Jones - ILB
Cameron Meredith - WR
Benny Cunningham - RB
Mark Sanchez - QB

==============================================

NFL FREE AGENCY:
Sammy Watkins - WR
Watkins offers the speed and athletic ability to be a #1 WR. He is the best WR available without having to trade draft picks. Mitch isn’t hanging with Goff JUST to work out. He’s recruiting Watkins too. ;)
Albert Wilson - WR
Wilson offers speed and familiarity with Nagy’s offense. He has been rumored to be going to the Bears because of need and fit.
Zach Fulton - OG/C
Can’t go into the draft with a glaring hole at guard. His positional flexibility and familiarity with Nagy/Heistand makes a good fit.
Barkevious Mingo - OLB
Former top 10 pick. Has all the athletic ability and was finally showing flashes as to why he was selected to high. Good project player for Fangio. Low Risk/High Reward.
Dwight Freeney - OLB
Veteran OLB. Expect limited snaps but has been in league for so long. Good player for our young guys to learn from.

===============================================

TRADE:

Chicago Bears Receive:
1st Round Pick (#21)
2nd Round Pick (#53)
4th Round Pick (#121)
2019 3rd Round Pick
2019 5th Round Pick

Buffalo Bills Receive:
1st Round Pick (#8)

If Pace prefers the draft over free agency then get as many draft picks as possible.

================================================

NFL DRAFT:
#21: Marcus Davenport - OLB - Projected Round: Mid-Late 1st
“Has good quickness in lateral slides down the line of scrimmage to close out running lanes. Aggressive demeanor as a hitter.Plays with fluid directional change to alter his path to the ball when getting downhill. Uses length to work to the edge of pass rushers. Will flash translatable speed-to-power potential that can be high-end. “
Outlook for the Bears: Starting OLB opposite Floyd. Fangio project
Alternate: Harold Landry/Arden Key

#38: Connor Williams - OT - Projected Round: 1-2
“Leader in locker room and voracious worker in weight room. Outstanding technician from before his first college snap. Snaps hips for additional anchor when base blocking. Works his tail off to gain position and secure playside blocks. Efficient in space and capable of making adjustments to moving targets. Sticks to blocks with powerful hands for long engagements. Quality finisher with some mean. Outstanding hand placement.. Pass sets with plus mirror and body control.”
Outlook for the Bears: Future starting Right Tackle. Has the flexibility to play LT if needed.
Alternate: Kolton Miller/Orlando Brown

#53: Tyrell Crosby - OT/OG - Projected Round: 2-3
Drive blocker with exceptional strength. Able to unlock hips enough to boom on smaller opponents at impact. Possesses powerful upper body and can engulf and maul opponents when he gets into them. Not a dancing bear, but he has serviceable movement skills combined with power and arm length to recover against opponents who challenge his inside or outside edge. Might have to move to guard. Hands are strong. Able to handle short pull duties. Has experience at both tackle positions.
Outlook for the Bears: Future starting offensive Guard. Has flexibility to play guard and tackle.
Alternate: Braden Smith/James Daniels

#105: DJ Reed - CB - Projected Round: 3-5
A dynamic athlete with good ball skills. A sure, tackler, who wraps up and force the ball carrier down. Good hands to pluck the ball out of the air, and strong enough to rip it away from receivers. Understands his assignments and is rarely out of position.
Outlook for the Bears: Nickel CB. Developmental corner.

#115: Luke Falk Projected Round: 3-4
Quick setup in the pocket with bounding, easy feet. Possesses a quick, compact release. Shows an ability to attack one-on-one defenders with accurate fades and back-shoulder throws. Able to work from sideline to sideline with his progressions. Accurate timing throws on deep outs are second nature after years in this offense. Has arm talent to uncork accurate strikes when falling off-balance. Able to slide in all directions inside pocket to buy additional time.
Outlook for the Bears: Backup QB. Developmental QB.

#121: Antonio Callaway - WR - Projected Round: 4-7
Feet are light and electric. Energetic with explosiveness early in his routes. Possesses tremendous pure speed and maintains it throughout his routes. Torments man coverage if he's allowed to operate in space. Has easy speed to fly past tardy-opening cornerbacks and run wide open. Can get them high, low or behind him.
Outlook for the Bears: Slot Receiver Project. (High Risk/High Reward)

#137: Kentavious Street - DE - Projected Round: 6-Undrafted
Straight-line pursuit speed appears to be faster than expected on tape. Uses low center of gravity and powerful rip move to play through a blocker's edge once he gets the door open. More of an athlete than football player at this point.
Outlook for the Bears: Developmental Defensive End.

#181: Jake Wieneke - WR - Projected Round: 5-6
Runs smooth, well-crafted routes. Shows cornerbacks a sudden burst right before getting to the top of his route in order to drive them off of his break and into a position of retreat. Makes quality adjustments when his path is impaired. Has learned to utilize route leverage to create accessible catch points. Outstanding ball tracker who operates with ready hands. Has ability to run a full route tree. Has size and length to stay connected longer when blocking on the perimeter.

#224: Keishawn Bierria - ILB - Projected Round: 6-7
Plays with desired urgency and effort on every snap. Patient and smart.. Generally quick to diagnose and trigger. Does a good job of righting the ship and changing course when fooled by misdirection. Able to pass off and collect receivers seamlessly in zone coverage. Cited by scouts for leadership qualities.

==========================================

QB: Mitch Trubisky | Mark Sanchez | Luke Falk
RB: Jordan Howard | Tarik Cohen | Benny Cunningham

LT: Charles Leno Jr. | Connor Williams
LG: Zach Fulton | Eric Kush
C: Cody Whitehair | Hroniss Grasu
RG: Kyle Long | Jordan Morgan
RT: Bobbie Massie | Tyrell Crosby

TE: Dion Sims | Adam Shaheen

WR (x): Sammy Watkins | Jake Wieneke
WR (y): Albert Wilson | Antonio Callaway
WR (z): Cameron Meredith | Kevin White

DE: Akiem Hicks | Roy Robertson-Harris
NT: Eddie Goldman | John Jenkins
DE: Jonathan Bullard | Kentavius Street

OLB: Leonard Floyd | Barkevious Mingo
ILB: Danny Trevathan | Keishawn Bierria
ILB: Christian Jones | Nick Kwiakowski
OLB: Marcus Davenport | Dwight Freeney

CB: Kyle Fuller | Cre’Von LeBlanc
CB: Prince Amukamara | Jonothan Mincey
CB: Marcus Cooper | DJ Reed

FS: Eddie Jackson | Deiondre’ Hall
SS: Adrian Amos | Deon Bush

*Scouting Reports from:
Draftwire.usatoday.com
nfl.com/draft

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
TRADE:

Chicago Bears Receive:
1st Round Pick (#21)
2nd Round Pick (#53)
4th Round Pick (#121)
2019 3rd Round Pick
2019 5th Round Pick

Buffalo Bills Receive:
1st Round Pick (#8)

tumblr_inline_orc9aoD2Ox1ugli7l_540.gif

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I used the draft value chart. We can probably get more in value but was being conservative.

Hey, I'd be game, but 5 picks?? I just don't see it happening. I think its more likely they give us both of their first rounder this year for 8.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
1. Trade is unrealistic.
2. Why draft two tackles? Charles Leno is fine at LT.
3. Antonio Callaway has first round talent but credit card fraud may push him to be undrafted. He's not a project unless you mean his personal life.
4. Why keep Bobby Massie if you bring in two tackles?

gobullschi

Liked Posts:
Hey, I'd be game, but 5 picks?? I just don't see it happening. I think its more likely they give us both of their first rounder this year for 8.

Well they would still own:
2 1st Round Picks
1 2nd Round Pick
1 3rd Round Pick
2 5th Round Picks

Bears traded 4 picks to move up 1 spot.

PickSix

Liked Posts:
Yep. You got a lot of new bodies. But nothing on the game changing ability. I’d prefer something that has star potential in it. A football team full of bodies keeps you at 5-11. Gotta have some high end talent if you are going to win in this league.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Trade down clown. Learn the NFL before you post this crap

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
No way I'm moving from 8 to 21 and only getting 1 first round pick. People need to stop looking at the stupid, outdated trade value chart. Look historically at ACTUAL trades that happen every year. Chiefs moved up 17 spots, gave up 2 firsts. Texans moved up 13 spots, gave up 2 firsts. This is the price to move from the 20s to the top 10-12. It always has been. Bears are getting screwed if they move that far down and don't get a 2nd first round pick in 2018 or 2019.

Xplosive

In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
I like your creative trade any offseason that adds Watkins is a winner. But I doubt seriously that Davenport is there and Mingo/Freeney is horrid.

I would rather see younger healthier CB taken instead of back to back OT.

Cut Grasu, Sign or draft another TE, and Kwiakoski will start over Jones.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Two second round tackles, and neither are starters.

That tells you all you need to know about this one.

gobullschi

Liked Posts:
No way I'm moving from 8 to 21 and only getting 1 first round pick. People need to stop looking at the stupid, outdated trade value chart. Look historically at ACTUAL trades that happen every year. Chiefs moved up 17 spots, gave up 2 firsts. Texans moved up 13 spots, gave up 2 firsts. This is the price to move from the 20s to the top 10-12. It always has been. Bears are getting screwed if they move that far down and don't get a 2nd first round pick in 2018 or 2019.

Listen, I am aware of the previous trades. The Bills have an abundance of picks this year and Pace exells in the draft over free agency.

IMO the top of the draft nornally has more premier talent at the QB, WR, and DE/OLB. We dont need a QB and the WR class isnt top heavy. This draft class is also weak at rushers which is is why I think quantity is better.

I actually prefer quantity as long as the picks are between round 1 and 4. It increases your odds of hitting on more players. The more talent that is spread out over the entire field makes everyone better.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Listen, I am aware of the previous trades. The Bills have an abundance of picks this year and Pace exells in the draft over free agency.

IMO the top of the draft nornally has more premier talent at the QB, WR, and DE/OLB. We dont need a QB and the WR class isnt top heavy. This draft class is also weak at rushers which is is why I think quantity is better.

I actually prefer quantity as long as the picks are between round 1 and 4. It increases your odds of hitting on more players. The more talent that is spread out over the entire field makes everyone better.

It doesn't increase your odds at all. Odds go down as the picks get higher. So your 2nd-4th rounders progressively are less likely to pan out than a 1st round pick.

You're taking a chance of getting 4 players for 1, but fail to take into account that 3 of those players are likely to be lesser talented than the additional 1st round pick. You're more interested in 3 role players over 1 potential star.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

BearDownTexas

Liked Posts:
I would hope pace would be fired immediately after this draft...

gobullschi

Liked Posts:
It doesn't increase your odds at all. Odds go down as the picks get higher. So your 2nd-4th rounders progressively are less likely to pan out than a 1st round pick.

You're taking a chance of getting 4 players for 1, but fail to take into account that 3 of those players are likely to be lesser talented than the additional 1st round pick. You're more interested in 3 role players over 1 potential star.

Fair enough. I guess because Pace has landed Howard, Amos, Jackson, Goldman, Meredith, Cohen, Robertson-Harris, etc in those middle rounds that I was thinking there is some decent value. That being said, you are correct that the % show that 1st rounder equal more ProBowlers. For whatever reason Pace has done better where he should be worse.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Fair enough. I guess because Pace has landed Howard, Amos, Jackson, Goldman, Meredith, Cohen, Robertson-Harris, etc in those middle rounds that I was thinking there is some decent value. That being said, you are correct that the % show that 1st rounder equal more ProBowlers. For whatever reason Pace has done better where he should be worse.
2 of those guys were undrafted. And he also picked Deon Bush, Jeremy Langford, and Deiondre Hall in those middle rounds.

gobullschi

Liked Posts:
2 of those guys were undrafted. And he also picked Deon Bush, Jeremy Langford, and Deiondre Hall in those middle rounds.

That doesn't change the point.

Either way the percentages speak for themselves.