GBC Mock Offseason 2.0

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Well Massie would likely be cut after the draft.

And Leno is on a very team friendly contract, with about $6mil guaranteed past 2018. One of those guys wouldn't be starting for at least two years, most likely.

Freeney is done for and Hall almost certainly won't be a second team safety. Callahan is going to be on the team. Almost no upgrade to the secondary.

gobullschi

Liked Posts:
And Leno is on a very team friendly contract, with about $6mil guaranteed past 2018. One of those guys wouldn't be starting for at least two years, most likely.

Freeney is done for and Hall almost certainly won't be a second team safety. Callahan is going to be on the team. Almost no upgrade to the secondary.

Yes. Connor Williams would become the starting Right Tackle.

Tyrell Crosby is more of an offensive guard because he struggles in space but could be kicked to Right Tackle if there were any injuries.

There really isn't that much talent in the draft or free agency with pass rushers.

Callahan is a free agent.

DJ Reed (4th Round) is a solid corner. If it were most drafts he would be taken in the 2nd-3rd round but this draft is very deep at corner.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
There is absolutely no way on God’s fucking green earth that Pace signs Freeney. 100% guaranteed it doesn’t happen.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Yes. Connor Williams would become the starting Right Tackle.

Tyrell Crosby is more of an offensive guard because he struggles in space but could be kicked to Right Tackle if there were any injuries.

There really isn't that much talent in the draft or free agency with pass rushers.

Callahan is a free agent.

DJ Reed (4th Round) is a solid corner. If it were most drafts he would be taken in the 2nd-3rd round but this draft is very deep at corner.

Crosby isn't a guard, he's a RT. He struggles in space? How many sacks did he give up? Williams projects more to LT.

Callahan is a restricted free agent and can be tendered, all but guaranteeing he'll be on the Bears next year. And there is almost no chance Reed is going to come in better than him. So you're weaker at CB and weaker at Safety.

gobullschi

Liked Posts:
Crosby isn't a guard, he's a RT. He struggles in space? How many sacks did he give up? Williams projects more to LT.

Callahan is a restricted free agent and can be tendered, all but guaranteeing he'll be on the Bears next year. And there is almost no chance Reed is going to come in better than him. So you're weaker at CB and weaker at Safety.

Crosby can definitely play tackle, but I think most scouts feel he will end up at guard:

On tape, he appears to be an average athlete at best, and may benefit from a move to the interior at the next level. Either way, Crosby possesses the versatility and skill-set NFL teams are looking for in an offensive line prospect.
https://draftwire.usatoday.com/2018/01/15/tyrell-crosby-nfl-draft-profile/

I have seen a lot of talk about the possibility of Crosby moving into Guard. I get it, his game right now is suited more towards being an effective run blocker. He is so powerful and his footwork and mechanics are so much better when he is moving forward, that a move to Guard seems like the logical thing to do, and that might be his ultimate destination.
http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/2018/01/scouting-report-tyrell-crosby-otog.html

Excels in run blocking, but has steadily improved upon his pass protection at such a rate that NFL teams could still see him as a right tackle instead of moving him inside… which might have been the thought at the start of this year.
http://www.draftblaster.com/2018-nfl-draft/positions-offense/offensive-guard/tyrell-crosby-ot-oregon/

His skill set may be best suited for guard, where his issues in space won’t be as apparent.
http://www.ourlads.com/story/default/Tyrell-Crosby-OT-Oregon/10149/dh/

dennehy

Liked Posts:
You ever watched him? He's plenty athletic to play RT. Look at his combine.

Anyone can have a website.

gobullschi

Liked Posts:
You ever watched him? He's plenty athletic to play RT. Look at his combine.

Anyone can have a website.

Did you read my post? I said he could play tackle but he would be better suited at guard. I also showed you that I am not the only person who thinks so. And yes I have seen him play. You can too if you go on Youtube because he has like 5 full game videos and multiple other videos.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Did you read my post? I said he could play tackle but he would be better suited at guard. I also showed you that I am not the only person who thinks so. And yes I have seen him play. You can too if you go on Youtube because he has like 5 full game videos and multiple other videos.

Yes, I did. I don't agree with you. But to each their own. I've been wrong before.

But that doesn't speak to the secondary, though.

gobullschi

Liked Posts:
Im sorry. That was a bit harsh, but damn....and i didnt hate the Connor Williams pick. \m/

Just because i am newer to the board i would be curious of your thoughts on each draft choice. Why you like or dislike

Gaucho

Liked Posts:
That doesn't change the point.

Either way the percentages speak for themselves.

There is a 0% chance the Bills can get into the top 10 without giving up 2 1st round picks. They’d either trade both 1(21), 1(22), or the most likely scenario (almost identical to last years Chiefs at 27 trading up to 10 for a 3rd and future 1st);

Bears trade 1(8)
Bills trade 1(22), 3(96), 2019 1st