Landry using shazier accident in his campaign for long term deal/trade.

AussieBear

you guys really want this money hungry guy? i dont care if money is the motivation as long as they produce.. but mang.. his mentals be smelling fishy as fuck..

if you cant take care of your family on a 16 mil dollar tag for the rest of your life... u just stupid dumb.. i get taxes n shit.. one benefit of signing dat deal in florida, no state taxes right... but if you cant survive on multi millions.. idk what to tell ye..

yeah we know ppl get hurt... but bringing up ryan this soon for your own cause of getting paid more.. what a douche..

make another psa featuring your come up.. someone will bite right.. dis aint hs to college... pro teams make videos fer you.. if ye worth it..

"The team decides to exercise the franchise tag. I'm considering not playing on it," the wide receiver said. "The franchise tag is not a good deal for me. In my case I've played four years. Then you get another year of basically not signing me to a long-term deal. In that year anything can happen. Look at guys like Ryan Shazier, who may not have an opportunity to play again.

"He's fighting a battle to just walk again. I'm at the point where taking care of my family is the most important thing for me. I put my body on the line for years. I've sacrificed my time and my life to make sure that I have this opportunity."

the art of almost.

a once up and coming thick one with the name to drive dat search.. her name siri...

QOpmviE.gif

15241544.gif

msadows

Liked Posts:
I mean is he wrong? He has been playing for peanuts compared to the rest of nfl receivers as good as him. This could be his only opportunity for a contract that has generational wealth. If he gets injured like shazier, thats pretty much over, and with his playstyle he has a chance at injury on any play.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just business. Remeber when Urlacher was extorting the Bears to renegotiate in '08?

"When I signed my deal the salary cap was $75 million. It's, what, $116 million now? Things have changed. I understand that all of this, to a normal person, sounds crazy. It's all relative to what you do. If you're a chair-builder, and you feel you're the best at what you do, and other chair-builders are making more than you, then you'd want to be paid more, too."

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
He is right. Long term deals offer more security.

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
Rather give it to him than sweaty teddy

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
With as short as NFL careers are yes you should get paid market value while you can. Like Shazier your career could be over in an instant.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
It is a salient point.

Besides that, trying to maximize your earning potential is a good economic decision. While Landry is a millionaire, he should be paid what his product is worth, which is more than a one-year 16M contract. It is easy for us to laugh at because nobody here will ever have an income exceeding six figures in a given year, but 25M guaranteed over 4 years (just throwing out a number, not saying that is what he is worth) is far better for him and his family than 16M over one year.

As far as "taking care of his family," yeah you can totally scrape by on far, far less for a lifetime, but why would he want to? If he is a good parent, shouldn't he be all about maximizing what he can give to his wife and children? That's the kind of guy my dad was, and the kind that I hope to be one day. I think we as fans of the game should support him in getting what he can from the billionaire owners (who don't sacrifice their bodies to put on a show for the rest of us).

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans
Just business. Remeber when Urlacher was extorting the Bears to renegotiate in '08?

"When I signed my deal the salary cap was $75 million. It's, what, $116 million now? Things have changed. I understand that all of this, to a normal person, sounds crazy. It's all relative to what you do. If you're a chair-builder, and you feel you're the best at what you do, and other chair-builders are making more than you, then you'd want to be paid more, too."

Yes, I'll always remember that chair builder analogy. Like of all things, he picked a chair builder. :lmao:

Viciousjay

Liked Posts:
I have no pity, shit happens, hell just like the common man he can get hit by a bus on his way to work and not see a dime these guys make. I have no empathy, they choose their career.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Unlike him I wouldn't require 4 houses, 7 cars, and an entourage of 20 people.

Why are you upset that he wants a slice of the pie? Who's going to make more over the course of his career, him or the Dolphins? Him or the NFL? Who's going to keep making money after his body is mangled at 45, him or the Dolphins? Sorry, but everyone acts like what these guys do is easy. They sacrifice their body and shorten their lifespan and we give them gobs of money to do it. I would be as selfish as I could be to ensure that myself and the rest of my family was taken care of long after my career and life were done.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
you guys really want this money hungry guy? i dont care if money is the motivation as long as they produce.. but mang.. his mentals be smelling fishy as fuck..

if you cant take care of your family on a 16 mil dollar tag for the rest of your life... u just stupid dumb.. i get taxes n shit.. one benefit of signing dat deal in florida, no state taxes right... but if you cant survive on multi millions.. idk what to tell ye..

yeah we know ppl get hurt... but bringing up ryan this soon for your own cause of getting paid more.. what a douche..

make another psa featuring your come up.. someone will bite right.. dis aint hs to college... pro teams make videos fer you.. if ye worth it..

"The team decides to exercise the franchise tag. I'm considering not playing on it," the wide receiver said. "The franchise tag is not a good deal for me. In my case I've played four years. Then you get another year of basically not signing me to a long-term deal. In that year anything can happen. Look at guys like Ryan Shazier, who may not have an opportunity to play again.

"He's fighting a battle to just walk again. I'm at the point where taking care of my family is the most important thing for me. I put my body on the line for years. I've sacrificed my time and my life to make sure that I have this opportunity."

What's wrong with he said?

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You have no idea what 12MILL will do AND how many family members will come out of the woodwork. Is it a lot of money? Sure! But you buy a house, pay for your kids and college, maybe help out mom/dad and brothers/sisters, that goes quickly. He has every right to get what the market will pay.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I have no pity, shit happens, hell just like the common man he can get hit by a bus on his way to work and not see a dime these guys make. I have no empathy, they choose their career.

Who's asking anyone to feel sorry for these guys? Derp, derp, they chose their career, derp, derp. Yeah, and they should make as much as they can. It's common fucking sense. It's business. I've turned down positions at my jobs to move up because the pay raise was inadequate. Fucking pay me, or watch me leave.