Ryan Pace ripped by media

34 GOAT

Liked Posts:
I happen to think Fuller is starting to peak. It took time for him to adjust in the league after a Sophomore slump. He's back. I would lock him up to a 4-year contract now rather than let him walk. If he performs, then it's WORTH THE MONEY. Obviously if he doesn't it isn't. But you have to take that chance in my opinion.

Slapping a franchise tag on a player comes with a whole set of other problems by the way ... Jeffery ring a bell? At some point, you need to establish STABILITY at positions and show players you believe in them.

But wouldn't it have been better to pay the 15 million and then take time to craft a more cap friendly, long term deal instead of letting the packers hand him a package making him the 5th highest paid CB? Yes we lost Jeffrey but was probably because he did not want to be here. I guess I would rather find out Fuller did not want to be here for only 15 million, instead of 29 million.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...tch-offer-sheet-green-bay-packers-kyle-fuller

referring to the link above it will tell you what we paid for a one year wonder who may not even want to be here. Fuller is getting paid like the 5 best CB in the NFL and is effectively guaranteed 29 million. Take away the 15 million that he would have cost us with the franchise tag, and that would have effectively saved 14 million in guarnteed money alone. So yes, pace has yet again pace has screwed up by letting our division rival setting the market for our own FA.

For the record. Bill Barnwell has never, and will never know his own ass from a hole in the ground in terms of talking contracts, or many other things for that matter.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
For the record. Bill Barnwell has never, and will never know his own ass from a hole in the ground in terms of talking contracts, or many other things for that matter.

He also seems oddly upset by the whole thing. Weird dude...

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
He also seems oddly upset by the whole thing. Weird dude...

It's part of his schtick. He's a hack who couldn't cut it being a credible sports journalist (think Skip Bayless) so he has to find other ways to create clicks.

34 GOAT

Liked Posts:
lol, you do understand what schefter is saying by effectively guaranteed 29 mill? because espn didnt know the contract details they assumed it was 29 mill gtd and then went on to say fuller is getting paid more than norman, peterson, rhodes etc...its espn what do you expect...

fuller's actual contract is 4yr 56 mill with 18 gtd.

pace hasnt screwed nothing, fuller got a good deal with a relatively low guarantee

If you notice the link did not say he was getting paid more than norman, peterson or rhodes. he said that he had the fifth richest contract behind those guys. I hope for our sake that he lives up to his contract, and morphs into a top 5 cb, If he does not and it turns out he did not want to be here, he will be another glennon sized mistake.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
If you notice the link did not say he was getting paid more than norman, peterson or rhodes. he said that he had the fifth richest contract behind those guys. I hope for our sake that he lives up to his contract, and morphs into a top 5 cb, If he does not and it turns out he did not want to be here, he will be another glennon sized mistake.

DLaycCeWAAAhS56

34 GOAT

Liked Posts:
Fuller isn't guaranteed 29 Million...its 18. Holy shit :facepalm:

Ok, if Barnwell's number is not correct, and it is a cap friendly deal, then I will shut up. But nobody has refuted his per year numbers. Show me a link that gives the details. No he is not guaranteed 29 million, but if the contract is as front loaded as Barnwell claims (this would not surprise me since it did come from the puckers) then the second year spike will EFFECTIVELY guarantee that he would be virtually unable to be traded or cut as it would mean a huge cap hit.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
In what world do you come up with the idea that Pace would want to trade his best cornerback?

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
Ok, if Barnwell's number is not correct, and it is a cap friendly deal, then I will shut up. But nobody has refuted his per year numbers. Show me a link that gives the details. No he is not guaranteed 29 million, but if the contract is as front loaded as Barnwell claims (this would not surprise me since it did come from the puckers) then the second year spike will EFFECTIVELY guarantee that he would be virtually unable to be traded or cut as it would mean a huge cap hit.

fuller.JPG

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...tch-offer-sheet-green-bay-packers-kyle-fuller

referring to the link above it will tell you what we paid for a one year wonder who may not even want to be here. Fuller is getting paid like the 5 best CB in the NFL and is effectively guaranteed 29 million. Take away the 15 million that he would have cost us with the franchise tag, and that would have effectively saved 14 million in guarnteed money alone. So yes, pace has yet again pace has screwed up by letting our division rival setting the market for our own FA.
This is the second time I've read this on here. What proof does anyone have that Fuller doesn't want to be here?

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fuller isn't guaranteed 29 Million...its 18. Holy shit :facepalm:

Technically it’s only $18 mil guaranteed, but after he has finished the season he will have been paid $20 million. And his salary for year 2 is $9 million with a dead cap hit of $13.5 million. So it’s basically $29 million guaranteed, very close to $42 million guaranteed.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Technically it’s only $18 mil guaranteed, but after he has finished the season he will have been paid $20 million. And his salary for year 2 is $9 million with a dead cap hit of $13.5 million. So it’s basically $29 million guaranteed, very close to $42 million guaranteed.

All that matters is the yearly cap hit for the team, not how much McCaskey has to fork over...

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
All that matters is the yearly cap hit for the team, not how much McCaskey has to fork over...

Furthermore to that point it really only matters that they spread their contracts' cap hits smoothly across the coming years so that they're not in cap hell and still have cap room to bring in more talent if necessary.

Really though I didn't understand why this guy was so worried about Fuller's contract until he made the comment about it hindering trading him. That is where it finally made sense. Except no one in their right mind would actually believe Pace went through all this shit only to end up wanting to trade him not long thereafter. The entire damn point of re-signing him was to keep what little good home grown talent we have... on the roster.