NFL Draft Trades

Alterego

Master Debater
Donator
Liked Posts:
First 3 teams will almost surely take QBs, and then Browns will be in position to get a haul from some QB needy team that really want a QB #4 who's left on the board.

:eek:hmy: that would leave Chubb, Fitz, Barkley, or Nelson to us :smug2::cum:

baredown

Liked Posts:
If CLE thinks Darnold is lights out, then they take him at 1. If they don't, take Barkley and then whoever is there at #4. If somebody takes Barkley, either take an impact player like Nelson 7.4, Chubb 7.3, or Edmunds 7.2. (Probably Chubb.)

Nope, don't think so. There's only two rules that every NFL GM absolutely needs to follow:
-- Rule #1 = land your franchise QB;
-- Rule #2 = see Rule #1

If the Browns believe that any one of those QBs can become their franchise QB, then they should take the guy at #1 and never look back. Barkley could well be the best RB to come out in the past decade, and Nelson the best guard, but the Browns would be screwing up big time by letting the guy they've identified as potentially their franchise QB slip away. If the Browns don't think any of the those guys are franchise QB-worthy, then they've got no business taking any of them at #4, let alone #1...

First 3 teams will almost surely take QBs, and then Browns will be in position to get a haul from some QB needy team that really want a QB #4 who's left on the board.

That's a tougher one. Browns are already fat with premium draft picks. It would have to be an-offer-they-can't-refuse type of thing to pass up Barkley at #4. Best way to help out your new franchise QB is give him a running game that defenses have to key on. Barkley would be a hell of a step in that direction...

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Browns fan I know really wants Connor Williams.
Great that gives us Barkley, Chubb, Nelson or Fitzpatrick.
No, that's a pipe dream.
If you're reaching for Williams with #4 that's the math if 4 QBs go. You're not getting him in the 2nd. (This was also after he told me Hernandez wasn't sticking around to round 2.)
He went silent.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Did the Bears give up as much as the Jets did or Philly did to move up for Wentz or the Rams did to move up for Goff or the Skins did to move up for RG3 to move up for Trubs?

https://t.co/iJhln63tBv

footballperspective.com/the-bears-used-a-ton-of-draft-capital-to-acquire-mitchell-trubisky/ …

Trubisky trade: CHI sent 152 cents on the dollar
Wentz trade: PHI sent 165 cents
Goff trade: LA sent 164 cents
RG3 trade: WAS sent 209 cents

Jets sent 198 cents on the dollar to the Colts: http://www.footballperspective.com/jets-send-a-fortune-to-insure-they-land-a-top-3-qb/

10:10 AM - Mar 18, 2018

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats

But this is what I don't get: the Jets have no way of knowing who they are going to get. Sure, they'll get a QB at #3, but they have no idea which QB they're going to get until the Giants pick.

Here's the other thing: let's just say they are high on Rosen. Well another QB needy team - like Buffalo or Arizona - now knows the price they need to offer the Giants, and then that team could take Rosen. So you blew all of those picks to move up, and you still might not get the QB you need.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
But this is what I don't get: the Jets have no way of knowing who they are going to get. Sure, they'll get a QB at #3, but they have no idea which QB they're going to get until the Giants pick.

Here's the other thing: let's just say they are high on Rosen. Well another QB needy team - like Buffalo or Arizona - now knows the price they need to offer the Giants, and then that team could take Rosen. So you blew all of those picks to move up, and you still might not get the QB you need.

When have the Jets been QB gurus since Namath? They could easily have decided they will take Darnold, Rosen, Allen or Mayfield and be happy.

I really think Giants are going QB, when are they going to be in position to get another in the next year or two? So Jet's have probably figured they get the 3rd QB.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
When have the Jets been QB gurus since Namath? They could easily have decided they will take Darnold, Rosen, Allen or Mayfield and be happy

That still doesn't make sense.

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
The QB everyone is ignoring here is Lamar Jackson.

Pat Kirwin said yesterday on NFL radio that a draft consultant for an undisclosed team he was talking too had him ranked #2. He's my#3 after Mayfield and Rosen.

There are always surprises in the draft, and I think he may slip into the top ten which would really be huge for us.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
That still doesn't make sense.

I think it's only on CCS that I hear you have to pick one QB and that's the only one you can get.
Bears haven't exactly been QB gurus either and I think their fans are even worse because of it (could you imagine the whining if the Bears had selected Namath #1 and he missed games after 5 years because of the bad knees he was drafted with?).

There are at least 4 quality QBs in this draft. The only thing that should rule any out is if someone predicts they will bust at the NFL level.
Even if Jet's only predict 2 QBs and Giants grab one that leaves them Barkley or Chubb so the consolation prize isn't terrible, just costly, which it was costly no matter who they get.

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
Did the Bears give up as much as the Jets did or Philly did to move up for Wentz or the Rams did to move up for Goff or the Skins did to move up for RG3 to move up for Trubs?

https://t.co/iJhln63tBv

footballperspective.com/the-bears-used-a-ton-of-draft-capital-to-acquire-mitchell-trubisky/ …

Trubisky trade: CHI sent 152 cents on the dollar
Wentz trade: PHI sent 165 cents
Goff trade: LA sent 164 cents
RG3 trade: WAS sent 209 cents

Jets sent 198 cents on the dollar to the Colts: http://www.footballperspective.com/jets-send-a-fortune-to-insure-they-land-a-top-3-qb/

10:10 AM - Mar 18, 2018
But but but..... he was going to be there at 3! Pace wasted those picks for no reason, so it makes it even worse! :smug2:

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
The QB everyone is ignoring here is Lamar Jackson.

Pat Kirwin said yesterday on NFL radio that a draft consultant for an undisclosed team he was talking too had him ranked #2. He's my#3 after Mayfield and Rosen.

There are always surprises in the draft, and I think he may slip into the top ten which would really be huge for us.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Lamar Jackson to Cardinals would be a good fit.

napo55

Liked Posts:
But but but..... he was going to be there at 3! Pace wasted those picks for no reason, so it makes it even worse! :smug2:

And if another team traded with the 49ers and picked Trubisky off, people would be super critical of Pace. Of course we had no way of knowing what kind of offers the 49ers were receiving.

Nick80

Liked Posts:
And if another team traded with the 49ers and picked Trubisky off, people would be super critical of Pace. Of course we had no way of knowing what kind of offers the 49ers were receiving.

You're wrong. Some guys on the internet said the Bears could have drafted him at 3. Why would their lie about having insider information?

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lamar Jackson to Cardinals would be a good fit.

Why?

Because he plays similar to the retired Carson Palmer.

He was a Cardinal in college.

You read it in a mock draft you copied and pasted.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Why?

Yep. NFL channel was talking about it pretty interesting.

Viciousjay

Liked Posts:
Why?

Bradford won't survive a full season and they have a lethal RB and Fitz hasn't slowed down. Jackson could be this year's Watson.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
The Cardinals are good fit because they don't have the ammo to move higher to get one of the first "Big 4" QBs of this draft and Jackson will be there when they pick at 15.

But I do think that Jackson isn't getting enough pre-draft love.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bradford won't survive a full season and they have a lethal RB and Fitz hasn't slowed down. Jackson could be this year's Watson.

I liked LJ at Louisville, who knows what he'll be in the NFL I just don't see him having some sort of special fit in AZ.

Agree on Bradford.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Browns have plenty of picks. They need difference makers.