Rosenthal: Ranking top 32 quarterbacks

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...back-rankings-top-32-signalcallers-across-nfl

Any disagreements on the list?

Watson low at 19, but with only 6 games to go on it's understandable.

Foles surprisingly low at 32, but when you consider the strength of the whole team, it can be argued he was just a placeholder.

Garoppolo at 12 seems fair. I think he'll end up higher, but not enough experience to put him above most of these established QBs yet.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
Trubisky not making the list is gonna get some fired up here

I'll just be over here like:

giphy.gif

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So all three of the Vikings QB last year are better than Tribisky and one of them hasn't played in years...ok..

His TD:INT ratio, comp % and TD % are all considerably better than Trubisky's. What would be your reasoning for him to be ranked lower? This is ranking the 32 best QBs, not healthiest of 2017.

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
I won't discuss the elephant in the room here yet, but I think there are some serious errors:

1) if luck is on the list, it must be presumed he's playing. He's a better QB than Stafford when healthy.

2) Jacoby brissett being on this list but Blake bottles missing it is nonsensical.

3) Patrick Mahomes making the list but Blake Bortles missing it is nonsensical.

4) somehow Teddy Bridgewater made this list?

5) Same can be said for keenum.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
He's a journalist. Never coached or scouted... His opinion is no more or less valuable than anyone else that follows and enjoys football. I'll bet it would be tough to find a real pro talent evaluator that would leave Trubisky off this list.

I really like Mahomes and that ranking is ludicrous.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
To put Patrick Mahomes and Jacoby Brisett above Tribisky is a joke..straight up troll job

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
16. Marcus Mariota 13 TD, 15 INT
18. Alex Smith 26 TD, 5 INT
20. Jared Goff 28 TD, 7 INT

I know Mariota was hurt, but no way he is better than Smith or Goff.

Sorry guys, there is no way Trubisky is in the top 32. That better change this season.

Eriebearfan

Liked Posts:
Seems like a pretty objective list. Like any list of ranking the quarterbacks, about 12-32 is really in the eye of beholder. Top 8-9 I don't think anyone could argue. My only argument would be just not sure if they're ranking it on current performance, past performance, or future prospective performance because there seems to be a little of each at work. Thanks for sharing article.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
The "tape" is only as good as the asshole who is watching it.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Can't give the Bears all the love yet just because they kicked butt in Free Agency... Classic back and forth.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Bearmick bitter Pace took MT instead of the re-habbing Watson, looking to get a rise out of Trub's fans.

No question and it's silly. I wanted Watson or Mahomes before Mitch but I'd be pissed if they had Watson right now rehabbing a torn ACL. It wouldn't be for the pick either but the thought that the Bears had more bad injury luck.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Bearmick bitter Pace took MT instead of the re-habbing Watson, looking to get a rise out of Trub's fans.

lol @ bitter. I was disappointed that he passed on a talent like Watson, but given Pace's recent track record of evaluating QBs, it's hardly surprising he picked the wrong one. I think you guys are bitter that I was right about all that. But it's long past time to move on; the 2017 draft was a year ago so stop bringing that into absolutely everything, it gets really old.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
To put Patrick Mahomes and Jacoby Brisett above Tribisky is a joke..straight up troll job

Based on what? Mahomes has only played one game but it's not hard to argue he's more talented. Brissett played on a team so stale that even their star QB doesn't want to come back and play on the team, and he still put up numbers that were considerably better than MT. So I'm not sure your reasoning here. Maybe you could explain.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
lol @ bitter. I was disappointed that he passed, but given Pace's recent track record of evaluating QBs, it's hardly surprising he picked the wrong one. I think you guys are bitter that I was right about all that. But it's long past time to move on; the 2017 draft was a year ago so stop bringing that into absolutely everything, it gets really old.
It's hardly the time to start taking victory laps for either side.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
So all three of the Vikings QB last year are better than Tribisky and one of them hasn't played in years...ok..

It's an opinion of a writer, no different than an opinion from anyone on here.