HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Exactly what I was thinking. In fact, last week when this was going all going down, it seemed like the Bears matched the offer a little too quickly, within mere hours of it being made. At the time I thought, gee that's kinda dumb, why not sit on it for a few days so the Packers brass has to sweat it out? Glad to hear the front office has a basic, functioning level of general competence.

I don't know why people thought that stating intent meant that Pace had immediately matched the offer. He made the intention known so that we the fans wouldn't freak out about a division rival putting in an offer on Fuller while keeping their cap space tied up in said offer. At this point its a joke that people keep thinking we have a stupid GM in charge. He has proven time and time again to be smart and calculated in his off-season moves.

Whether we as fans agree with his vision or not is another story entirely. In Pace's first year and a half I was shitting on him and had a very low opinion of him. By the time he had his own scouting staff and front office in place and we had gone through a draft cycle with his own people in charge I was a bit more optimistic. Mainly my gripe was that Pace clearly came here to blow everything the fuck up and either he chose to not tell us or ownership didn't allow him to tell the fan base that he was here for a complete rebuild. That made it all the more painful to watch it happen and have to sit through it knowing that this was going to A. suck balls and B. take a fucking while to get to something respectable.

Last edited:

Mitchapalooza

Look, the only thing that matters ultimately is that Kyle Fuller is locked down for the foreseeable future as our top starting cornerback and we can easily afford his contract even in the coming years where it becomes more of a cap burden. The only real complaint to be had would be if his contract hindered us going forward for future free agent acquisitions and/or put us into CAP hell. Neither is the case. So it amounts to crying over spoiled spilled milk. A non-factor.

Agreed, i didn't care how I just wanted him locked up long term and they did that. I'm thrilled.

pfcmsh

Liked Posts:
I don't know who can say with certainty that Fuller is a top 5 CB. I know that, last season, he basically shut down the passing game for the man he was covering. He did it game after game.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Jay-Cutler-Kicks-Charles-Woodson.gif