Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He was a ST player that started all of 7 games. NFL will have a case in pointing at his college career as a significant factor in any symptoms he may be displaying.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Starting doesn't equate to playing. He played more than 7 games. In fact he was the one that tackled Charles Tillman breaking four ribs and puncturing his lung. He was a hard hitter. Hit men in the NFL almost certainly end up with head problems afterwards.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I generally side with players in most issues, but at this point, they shouldn't be able to sue the NFL for this anymore. This recent generation of players now have all the information available to them and it's practically common knowledge what repeated impact to the head does to the brain. Older players didn't have that info and the NFL straight lied to them about it. They have a case. Now, you either accept the risks or don't play.

Players now should not be able to sue the NFL and should have to sign a waiver releasing the NFL of all responsibility for such issues. At the same token, the NFL should have better plans in place for taking care of their players after their careers are over.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
The NFL has exposed itself to liability by denying the science that's out there and trying to make people think CTE is caused by concussions.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
The NFL has exposed itself to liability by denying the science that's out there and trying to make people think CTE is caused by concussions.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Agreed, but there is a simple solution to all of this. The NFL just doesn't want to shell out any money to players that sacrificed their lives to make them billions of dollars. If they give better health benefits to former players, they can have players waive their right to sue the NFL for injuries after their playing days are over.