Chubb at #8 or trade down to 12

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Based upon who Pace has shown interest in, I'm going to say our choice will be between these 4 players:

Chubb, Nelson, Fitzpatrick, or Vita Vea.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
I've always said my dream (albeit a pipe dream) scenario is 5 QB's and Nelson going before eight.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
In reality you could put them on the field with Amos at times.......nickle is played 63% of the time and both players can get on the field often. James is even more of a threat to pass rush as well or lock down any RB or TE.

Maybe James if he can play nickle and ILB?

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Maybe James if he can play nickle and ILB?

James is a spot pass rusher on the outside and can play nickel. He isn't as refined a cover guy as Fitzpatrick but he is still pretty good and many believe he has a higher ceiling than Fitz.

Washington

Liked Posts:
What do you do if:

1. CLE - Allen
2. NYG - Darnold
3. NYJ - Mayfield
4. CLE - Chubb
5. DEN - Rosen
6. IND - Edmunds
7. TB - Ward

get drafted and both Nelson and Barkley are available?

Barkley definitely. The guy is going to be a big difference maker in the NFL.

Chubb would never make it past TB. Chubb dropping to 8 isn't happening. I see no way that Barkley drops to 8 either.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
If Barkley does not go at 2 he will go at 4......

If Chubb does not go at 4 he will go at 6 or 7

Da Coach

Liked Posts:

Chubb would never make it past TB. Chubb dropping to 8 isn't happening. I see no way that Barkley drops to 8 either.
Tampa isn't a lock to take a pass rusher. They just signed Vinny curry and traded for JPP both of which have large contracts

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs

Tampa just invested in Curry and Pierre-Paul. They have glaring holes in the secondary.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Tampa isn't a lock to take a pass rusher. They just signed Vinny curry and traded for JPP both of which have large contracts

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Wow, you beat me with that by a hair!

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Tampa just invested in Curry and Pierre-Paul. They have glaring holes in the secondary.

Chubb will probably be gone by the time Tampa picks......They will get either Fitzpatrick or Ward

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Chubb will probably be gone by the time Tampa picks......They will get either Fitzpatrick or Ward

I realize that but I've seen so many draft surprises over the years I rarely make or respect absolute statements. I predicted on this board that Leonard Williams wasn't going at one and might get to the Bears. I had Brandon Scherff going to the Redskins as part of the scenario and was roasted for it. The Jets truly went BPA and not for BPA at a need or he would have been a Bear. They had Wilkerson and Richardson and still picked him.

Do you remember the Sharrif Floyd's draft experience? Almost everyone had him going top 5. Kiper and McShay both had him at 3. He went 23 to Minnesota.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I realize that but I've seen so many draft surprises over the years I rarely make or respect absolute statements. I predicted on this board that Leonard Williams wasn't going at one and might get to the Bears. I had Brandon Scherff going to the Redskins as part of the scenario and was roasted for it. The Jets truly went BPA and not for BPA at a need or he would have been a Bear. They had Wilkerson and Richardson and still picked him.

Do you remember Sharrif Floyd's draft experience? Almost everyone had him going top 5. Kiper and McShay both had him at 3. He went 23 to Minnesota.

shit like this does happen. With so many people predicting teams will take QBs you never know. This draft is up in the air for sure.

pfcmsh

Liked Posts:
I agree. If Chubb isn't there, I'd trade down for more picks. There are a lot of defensive players that can help the Bears besides Chubb. The draft thing is so over rated. So much hype. There are many good pass rushers out there.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
What do you do if:

1. CLE - Allen
2. NYG - Darnold
3. NYJ - Mayfield
4. CLE - Chubb
5. DEN - Rosen
6. IND - Edmunds
7. TB - Ward

get drafted and both Nelson and Barkley are available?

That's my most difficult not happening scenario. Barkley and charge him as a WR to the plan. Hopefully get a nice offer for Howard at some point before his rookie contract is up, otherwise enjoy life with Barkley, Howard, Cohen as our RB team.

jive

Liked Posts:
Just to be clear, if Chubb is available at 8, there is no way I would trade down. That would be an excellent gift, and I would have the opposite reaction I had when we drafted Benson at 4. But, if he's not, I wouldn't mind trading down to 12, but no further than 12. At that point, I think that whoever is left between Ward, Edmunds, and Davenport would improve this team's D while garnering us another pick. It's a no lose situation, as I consider those guys to be equally impactful in a positive way. In any other draft, those guys would be in the top 10.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Just to be clear, if Chubb is available at 8, there is no way I would trade down. That would be an excellent gift, and I would have the opposite reaction I had when we drafted Benson at 4. But, if he's not, I wouldn't mind trading down to 12, but no further than 12. At that point, I think that whoever is left between Ward, Edmunds, and Davenport would improve this team's D while garnering us another pick. It's a no lose situation, as I consider those guys to be equally impactful in a positive way. In any other draft, those guys would be in the top 10.

I'll give you that I'm better with those also ran projects/risks if there's a trade down involved.

jive

Liked Posts:
I'll give you that I'm better with those also ran projects/risks if there's a trade down involved.

Exactly. Of the non-QBs, I consider Chubb, Barkley, and Nelson to have the least amount of risk. After that, you increase your risk significantly. Ward has great speed and ability to mirror receivers, but he's a little undersized. Edmunds has freakish athletic ability, but has questionable instincts. Davenport shows great potential, but he hasn't gone against top competition. Sure, I could take one of those guys at 8, but if I can get them at 12 and get an additional pick, why not?

Reactions: Myk