In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
With the draft quickly approaching, who are your top 3 guys for the 1st round and Why?
Lets assume that 3 QB’s, Barkley & Chubb are gone by #8...

#1. Derwin James SS/LB
6-2 215lbs - 4.47 40yd - 40” VJ -11’ BJ - 21 Reps - 7.34 TC - 4.34 SS
84 TKL + 5.5 TFL + 11 PD + 2 INT

James is a top 5 physical talent alone, he’s as fast as a CB like Fitzpatrick, but also stronger than Tremaine Edmunds or Roquan Smith. His size/strength/speed combo will allow him to be the kind of defensive chess piece the Bears are lacking. He is a great blitzer and can get off of blocks better than many linebackers because of his strength. He tackles like a linebacker but covers like a DB. In the modern pass happy NFL this is the kind of player you need to match up with big WRs and TE’s like Gronk, and the Bears should not pass him up.

#2. Quenten Nelson OG 33.75 Arms 10.35 Hands
6-5 325lbs - 5.23 40yd - 26” VJ - 8’09” BJ - 35 REPS - 7.65 TC - 4.62 SS

Nelson has the makings of a perennial all-pro OG. His arm length and wingspan are greater than some tackle prospects and he could potentially be a RT to replace Massie. Either way the best way to ensure the Bears have a potent offense is to make sure the OL is solid. Last years OL was shaky at times and they will be under more pressure with Nagy’s offense.

#3. Harold Landry OLB
6-2 252lbs - 4.64 40yd - 36” VJ - 9.92’ BJ - 24 REPS - 6.88 TC - 4.19 SS
25 Scks (career) - 48 TFL - 158 TKL - 10 FF

The Bears need to replace the pass rush that they let go of and get someone opposite Floyd that has to be accounted for. Landy has more quickness and flexibility than Davenport and more strength, explosiveness, and pass rushing experience than Edmunds. He has an excellent first step and hand usage and would be an immediate upgrade to the defense at a premium position.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Nelson - Best player in the draft and we have no starting LG. Draft in the trenches and say fuck the people who talk about 'positional value'.

Fitzpatrick - Can play Corner and Safety. I have this feeling the Prince is going to flame out. Fitzpatrick/Fuller/Amo/Jackson for one of the best secondaries in the game.

Edmunds - Seems like a physical freak that could we a game changer with some Fangio coaching

Visionman

Liked Posts:
My top 3 for the Bears:

Vea, Davenport, James

Who I think are the Bears realistic top 3:

Nelson, Fitz, Vea/Davenport (couldn't choose)

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nelson/Davenport/Vea

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
So I am going by pure ceiling and future impact here, not what I think they currently bring to the table. I do think positional value plays into it........ i.e I'd rather have the best pass rusher of all time than the best guard of all time...

James, Edmunds, Nelson

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
I think it will be Edmunds/Davenport, Nelson, James/Ward/Fitz. IMO taking a Corner/Safety 1st round with the other holes we have would be a mistake, but if that's the talent that falls to us it could be too good to pass up in their eyes.

I know that's more than 3, but one of the two/three at each C/S or ILB/OLB seems plausible. No idea who their 1a/1b would be for those positions.

PickSix

Liked Posts:
I’ll play and cheat like Rasko without the why. Damn ADD.

Edmunds
Nelson
Davenport

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Today I rank the 3 who won't make it to #8 Barkley, Chubb, Nelson or Fitzpatrick.

I take Nelson or Fitzpatrick of the one who makes it to us.

If 4QBs don't go and Nelson or Fitzpatrick aren't there Landry.

I think that counts as 3 even though other teams will be eliminating the choices for me. Nelson, Fitzpatrick, Landry.

I talked myself out of Davenport. Never have been sold on Edmunds at #8. I could be OK with either if there's a trade down but then you're getting into OT and WR range to pit them again.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
James, Edmunds & Nelson

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Nelson - Best player in the draft and we have no starting LG. Draft in the trenches and say fuck the people who talk about 'positional value'.

Fitzpatrick - Can play Corner and Safety. I have this feeling the Prince is going to flame out. Fitzpatrick/Fuller/Amo/Jackson for one of the best secondaries in the game.

Edmunds - Seems like a physical freak that could we a game changer with some Fangio coaching

:hawked:

Luke

Liked Posts:
Davenport, Edmunds, Landry - anyone not named Nelson. Pace just let go of a guard who made the pro bowl in 2016, 5th ranked guard in 2017, allowed only 3 sacks combined in 2016 and 2017 just to take another frickin guard?

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
Davenport-Superb upside at a position of need and extreme value in today's league--especially in the NFCN.

Edmunds-Extremely young with tons of upside. Can potentially have a Keuchly impact on the game once the game slows down for him.

Ward-Top CB (maybe top DB) prospect in the draft. Extremely valuable position in today's game.

I'm all about positional value. That's why Nelson nor Vea are in my top 3. Same for the SS/LB Derwin James.

BearbaFett

Liked Posts:
really want an LB and think any of the 1st rd prospects can take this defense to the next level. chubb would give me a full on football boner.

edmunds
davenport
roquan

Nelly

Liked Posts:
1. Nelson. Not a surer bet in the draft than him. You can take him, plug him in and basically expect him to be one of the best in the game very early in his career. It's hard for me not to place a bit of a premium on the lack of risk with this pick.

2. Fitzpatrick. You like the versatility and the leadership, plus the connection with Eddie Jackson. Having two impact safeties long-term would be huge.

3. Edmunds. I'm not the biggest fan. Don't like the idea "average instincts" from a young guy, but if you're going to take a stab on a high upside guy, it's him or Davenport.

I wouldn't sleep on Roquan Smith as a realistic target. He fits the Bowman/Willis type mold and Trevathan seems to be winding down a bit. Fangio might love the idea of getting a new field general in Smith even though it's not a splashy pick.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
People are over thinking james and it's annoying you want a small quick just as he is fast player, blitzing from the edge not a derwin james you typically use a safety to cover that weakness but if you have edmunds you don't have to force the safety to focus on the slot WR instead you have edmunds buying you time to make sure the pass rush gets there. You keep the safety blanket(aka safeties) intact while still covering the weakness of the play, all while creating a pass rush and covering a weakness with the disguised play.