Top 3 Draft Board

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
For the life of me I cannot figure out why peeps want Edmunds over defensive ANCHORS like

Because instead of Kyle Rudolph catching TDs over Nick Kwiatowski on 2nd and goal from the 5, I want a guy with a C on his helmet making an unlikely athletic play on the ball resulting in a turnover or a FG.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I think he would be much better as a WILL where he will be free or taking on TEs and FBs.

SAMs generally cover the strong side where he TE is. The WLB (which is what RS probably is) handles the flat on passing downs and needs to be a sharp tackling machine, which is RS all over because his closing speed is elite.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
He gets fooled badly on play fakes often...

https://gfycat.com/FavorableImpureBlackfly

and it usually leads to huge playe for the opposing offense...

https://gfycat.com/ComposedSpectacularAfricangroundhornbill

but that is something that should be fixable with more experience.

Both of those plays look like a complete mess imo mostly the first play. 5 players could of tackled the rb if they knew what they were doing 6 if edmun doesn't blow up to the wrong player.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
1. Edmunds - At worst, I think you get an ILB who can hold down the middle for years to come and develop into a 3 down force in the run and pass game. At best you get a guy who at 20 years old grows into an OLB who can stop the run, cover and more importantly pass rush. Having two OLB that can also cover in Floyd and Edmunds would make the D ridiculously dynamic and flexible.

2. Davenport - If you can't get a guy that can potentially cover and pass rush then Davenport is the pick for me as the guy that can develop into an elite pass rusher.

3. Fitzpatrick - At worst you get a great safety. At best you get a guy that can play CB long term. In the interim, you have a guy that can get reps at both as he can back up CB and S which combined still probably gives him as many reps as a starter and allows him to ease into the role.

If we draft Fitzpatrick, I expect him to start.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
SAMs generally cover the strong side where he TE is. The WLB (which is what RS probably is) handles the flat on passing downs and needs to be a sharp tackling machine, which is RS all over because his closing speed is elite.

Yes that is why I said he will be free or taking on TEs or FBs if for example it is a 2 TE set or the run is to the backside with a H-back or FB leading.

If we draft Fitzpatrick, I expect him to start.

If he beats out Prince or Adrian then great. If not then he can still rotate at CB, S or nickel WILL.

Phibbulous

Thread Killer
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Toronto Blue Jays
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Toronto Maple Leafs
  1. Michigan Wolverines
Nelson
Edmunds
Fitzpatrick
Ward

greg23

Liked Posts:
For me it's always been Nelson or bust. Just think protecting the interior for trubisky with Nelson-whitehair-long offers the makings of a nasty line who can also pass protect.

After that its a crapshoot of defenders:

Fitzpatrick (jack of all, master of none...whats his position?)
Edmunds (young but raw)
Ward (might just be a NFL slot corner)
Davenport (better believe in the class jump)

Guys I DONT want to see picked at 8 include:

Mcglinchy (way too high for him)
Ridley (not at 8 please)
James (not over fitzpatrick)
Smith (not a fit on our d and watch the Oklahoma 1st half; absolutely got dominated)

swz01

Liked Posts:
I don’t get why people are so crazy for Ward. That’s really the only pick I wouldn’t like. Jackson and Fitzpatrick both better players in secondary

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Marcus Davenport

-gF6p3.gif

Vzf8X6.gif

Tremaine Edmunds

CY6zKd.gif

QNP88d.gif

Quenton Nelson

The kid Davenport is trucking is Boston Scott. He’s 5’6”...

Gaucho

Liked Posts:
I don’t get why people are so crazy for Ward. That’s really the only pick I wouldn’t like. Jackson and Fitzpatrick both better players in secondary
Jackson isn’t in the same universe as Ward. I don’t think he can even make it as a full time CB in the NFL. Prototypical switch to FS. Ones an elite athlete, the other is not. One has elite technique and footwork, the other does not. Ball skills and size are the only two traits Jackson is superior.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
I really hate the idea of a project with a top 10 pick. Save that for next year when we hopefully have a lower pick.

Of the 3 Pace 1st round picks, I think you can say Leonard Floyd and Mitch Trubisky were projects. Kevin White was the most sure of all of them.

Edmunds is also not as big of a project as you think. Just because he's 19 and has a ton of upside he hasn't touched yet doesn't mean he's not ready to be an NFL player yet. Common misconception. Unlike Trubisky and Floyd, he's not a guy you're going to have to sit or rotate in to start his rookie year. He's going to be in the starting lineup Day 1 if the Bears draft him. And if he doesn't improve from college, he'd still be average and probably an upgrade over what we saw from the combination of Jones, Kwitkoski, Timu, and whoever at ILB from last year.

Liked Posts:
Edmunds, Davenport, Ward

I would love to see either Chubb fall to us at 8(I doubt but can hope), if not then run to the podium for Davenport, & get real lucky again & have Rashaad Evans fall to the Bears with their second pick. Thats a need for a lot of luck. IMO an OLB like Davenport & a future primary WILL/ILB who can start as a SAM/ILB with Evans will make the foundation of a top notch defense for years to come. I strongly believe & see Evans as another Bowman & Willis type talent in the making & I am shocked that you don't hear more people clamoring for him on this board. IMO he will become the top ILB prospect from this class. Evans has the talent but he also has the brains to play any LB position on the field.

On top of this a lot people incorrctly assume that ILB is not as important as OLB in a 3-4 & thats just flat out untrue. Only the SAM-ILB the less important. Thje WILL-ILB is generally the QB of a the 3-4 defense & ideally a team would want a Willis/Bowman/or even a do it all talent like Kuechly to line up as the WILL-ILB. Theres alot of fans acting like the Bears are set at ILB because they have a decent but not great ILB & Kwiatowski..The Bears do need an upgrade at ILB still they may(big if) be able to get a damn good one at the top of round 2 with Evans.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He gets fooled badly on play fakes often...

https://gfycat.com/FavorableImpureBlackfly

and it usually leads to huge playe for the opposing offense...

https://gfycat.com/ComposedSpectacularAfricangroundhornbill

but that is something that should be fixable with more experience.

not at 8.

I don't view his age as a plus at all with his issues being physicality and raw recognition, tentative at times. To me that means he should go back to college and you spend half his "value" contract fixing him.

#8 is a spot to take a player with a pro-bowl ceiling you can plug in day 1 against green bay. Lets do that.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Of the 3 Pace 1st round picks, I think you can say Leonard Floyd and Mitch Trubisky were projects. Kevin White was the most sure of all of them.

Edmunds is also not as big of a project as you think. Just because he's 19 and has a ton of upside he hasn't touched yet doesn't mean he's not ready to be an NFL player yet. Common misconception. Unlike Trubisky and Floyd, he's not a guy you're going to have to sit or rotate in to start his rookie year. He's going to be in the starting lineup Day 1 if the Bears draft him. And if he doesn't improve from college, he'd still be average and probably an upgrade over what we saw from the combination of Jones, Kwitkoski, Timu, and whoever at ILB from last year.

Pace can do what he wants. Doesn't mean I have to like his plan.
QB is a horse of a different color. If there was such a thing as a QB who could start in the NFL without having a rookie year do you think they would get passed over for an average QB you think you could teach?

You say Edmunds isn't as much of a project but then say he's a project with the tired old rationalization of his age to back it up. Why don't teams draft out of highschool if 19 is so good? 18 should be better.

I just think in some years a top-10 pick should be a player who's is already showing their talent not one that can learn. With all the QBs expected to go this year this is one of those years.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
You say Edmunds isn't as much of a project but then say he's a project with the tired old rationalization of his age to back it up. Why don't teams draft out of highschool if 19 is so good? 18 should be better.
Not at all what I said

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Xplosive

In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
Fitzpatrick is a FS and people should accept that. Yes he can play CB but he wouldnt be a great one. To me he does the same thing Eddie Jackson does but maybe a little better.

The Bears already have two solid NB’s so how much better would Fitz really make this defense?

Xplosive

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
Jackson isn’t in the same universe as Ward. I don’t think he can even make it as a full time CB in the NFL. Prototypical switch to FS. Ones an elite athlete, the other is not. One has elite technique and footwork, the other does not. Ball skills and size are the only two traits Jackson is superior.

Wow, Jackson is a really common name so I will just hope you are talking about someone other than Joshua Jackson with that assessment you are making.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
Fitzpatrick is a FS and people should accept that. Yes he can play CB but he wouldnt be a great one. To me he does the same thing Eddie Jackson does but maybe a little better.

The Bears already have two solid NB’s so how much better would Fitz really make this defense?

We also have adrian amos does everything derwin james does. So the positional ranking is OLB ILB guard or CB in that order imo with the highest graded player plus or minus margin of error and positional ranking coming into play leaves us with chubb edmund Nelson Davenport ward imo that's my order of who we might select at 8.

Xplosive

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
We also have adrian amos does everything derwin james does. So the positional ranking is OLB ILB guard or CB in that order imo with the highest graded player plus or minus margin of error and positional ranking coming into play leaves us with chubb edmund Nelson Davenport ward imo that's my order of who we might select at 8.

Amos does not and can not do everything James does. Amos is much slower for one and can not play NB at all. Amos does not blitz as well. Amos is less explosive and doesnt play as aggressively.

I like Amos but he doesnt have the versatilty of James, plus Amos could be gone after this year so James could certainly replace him if need be.

Edit: Plus the Bears are heavily invested in the CB position with Fuller & Prince. They are paying Jackson/Amos 4th & 5th round money