IST: Cubs vs Marlins

TL1961

Liked Posts:
How's the inning going?

Well....8 men to the plate so far. Our two outs are a sac bunt and a sac fly. 6 runs in.

Not bad.

CubsFaninMN

Liked Posts:
A lot of the Cubs' offensive problems are solved just by Bryant, Rizzo, and Contreras being themselves.

A 30-mph wind straight out to center, with gusts up to 50, doesn't hurt, either. That and rookie Brinson out there, making the easy look hard.

But yeah. The Cubs have been failing to take advantage of things like the wind blowing out lately. And just as I typed that, Addi takes advantage, as well... :)

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Great game to be at...

What a inning

Rizzo ball was crushed would of been HR without the wind

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

TL1961

Liked Posts:
It's the 4th inning, and we have three players with both a double and a HR.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Free buona beef with that 6th inning run..

Woohoo

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ump in lets go home mode. Pitches werent even close.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Can the Cubs just play the Marlins every game?

Time to clown pound the Sox this weekend.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Realize a lot of people were down on the cubs after the STL series. One thing that hadn't caught my attention was just how absurd the NL central is thus far. The cubs are currently 4th in the central but if you just look at the NL they are the 8th best team. MIL is #7. Pit is #6 and STL is #3. That's easily the most competitive division in baseball right now. And if you look at it from a run differential stand point, cubs have the 5th best run diff in baseball. Houston, NYY and Boston are kinda lapping the field at the moment but the AL seems to be fairly garbage this year. In terms of the NL, the cubs are 3 back of ATL for the best. Cards are 10th overall. Pit is 11th. MIL is 15th overall. In other words, 4 of the top 15 teams in baseball currently are in the NL central.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Realize a lot of people were down on the cubs after the STL series. One thing that hadn't caught my attention was just how absurd the NL central is thus far. The cubs are currently 4th in the central but if you just look at the NL they are the 8th best team. MIL is #7. Pit is #6 and STL is #3. That's easily the most competitive division in baseball right now. And if you look at it from a run differential stand point, cubs have the 5th best run diff in baseball. Houston, NYY and Boston are kinda lapping the field at the moment but the AL seems to be fairly garbage this year. In terms of the NL, the cubs are 3 back of ATL for the best. Cards are 10th overall. Pit is 11th. MIL is 15th overall. In other words, 4 of the top 15 teams in baseball currently are in the NL central.
Thing is and they still may eventually end up this way , the cubs on paper are supposed to be way above the Pirates Cardinals and Brewers...
So, the division as a whole may be better but the Cubs are supposed to be high on top of it with a rotation that supposed to be one of the best ones in all of baseball and an offense that some on here feel is Potent...

This team right now is playing below it expectations and that the frustrating part ..

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
It was not down on the team, it was down on the fact the wind started to blow out and the mentality of using the entire field went away. Yes, I know Rizzo hit a lead off home run to left field, but he was late, definitely not trying to hit it there. The only player absolutely hitting the ball where it is pitched is Caratini. Everyone else is in pull mode again. And again, I am not against this with 0 or 1 strike. If Javy wants to swing and miss and screw himself into the ground, that's fine, as long as the two strike approach changes. It was not like Chili Davis preaching if they use the entire field they will win games. It was the players themselves using the entire field, winning, then going back to hitting into shifts.