What player are you most excited about watching this season

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
After Trubisky, the whole team, but honestly, I'm really jazzed about Nagy. Excited to see his style. From game day clock management to substitutions and personnel packages. A new head coach is a big deal.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Kyle Long - he needs to return to form to make this oline top 5 in the league.

I think you can still do it with Kush over Long, but Kyle is making too much money to bench until his next surgery.

I also think a lot of peeps are sleeping on Trey Burton. Nagy's got Big Plans for that kid.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
After Trubisky, the whole team, but honestly, I'm really jazzed about Nagy. Excited to see his style. From game day clock management to substitutions and personnel packages. A new head coach is a big deal.

Yeah, I'm most excited to see an offense that's not 10 years behind the times. Just really interested to see how all these pieces fit together and how Nagy/Helfrich deploys them.

Reactions: DC

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Trubisky first and foremost.

Then Kyle Long - he needs to return to form to make this oline top 5 in the league.

Keeping Mitch clean and opening up holes for Howard is going to be key to competing this year.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

No way Kyle Long is interesting at all this year. He spends more time streaming nerdy video games to dweeblords and "owning" people on Twitter than even thinking about football.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
How can some of you people say anyone but Trubisky? He's suppose to be our Franchise QB who we traded up for and took 2nd overall and looked so/so last year in a shit offense. This year should give us a good indication if "TRUBS" (stupid fucking nickname) has what it takes to be a franchise guy. I don't give a shit about Shaheen who is buried on our depth chart behind Burton/Sims.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
How can some of you people say anyone but Trubisky?

This may be a rhetorical question, but I'll answer it as if it isn't.

The most important thing after the QB is getting to the opposing QB, and it's one of the areas of weakness left over after the offseason. I think Fitts is a fascinating prospect with his size, speed and ability, and if his health holds up, I think he could be the sleeper of the draft and could help go a long way in determining what we have at that position, which in turn will be a big part of the way they address next offseason (which I hope to be a playoff year).

That's why I answered Fitts.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
This may be a rhetorical question, but I'll answer it as if it isn't.

The most important thing after the QB is getting to the opposing QB, and it's one of the areas of weakness left over after the offseason. I think Fitts is a fascinating prospect with his size, speed and ability, and if his health holds up, I think he could be the sleeper of the draft and could help go a long way in determining what we have at that position, which in turn will be a big part of the way they address next offseason (which I hope to be a playoff year).

That's why I answered Fitts.

Thanks for clarifying your position, but tbh a 6th round pick is not who I am most excited about watching.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Thanks for clarifying your position, but tbh a 6th round pick is not who I am most excited about watching.

I'm sure they said the same thing about Tom Brady.

But it's not about his draft position so much as the position he plays. He would have been a much earlier pick except for injuries. I think he's a really interesting prospect. Far more so than your run of the mill 6th round pick.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
To add to the "Y No Trubisky?!?!?" question.

I just thought it was a "no duh" answer.

:shrug:

Crusher17

Liked Posts:
Taylor Gabriel, Iggy and Fitts. Need to see speed. Why did we love Hester? Because it was all at top speed. Would have added Cohen but we've already seen his highlights. On to the new thrills.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I'm sure they said the same thing about Tom Brady.

But it's not about his draft position so much as the position he plays. He would have been a much earlier pick except for injuries. I think he's a really interesting prospect. Far more so than your run of the mill 6th round pick.

Good to know. I honestly haven't looked into any of the draft picks after Miller.

Bort

Liked Posts:
Interesting that no one has mentioned Allen Robinson or Roquan Smith, our two most heralded offseason additions.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
I have to pick one on both O and the D:

Cohen - lots of good choices, but I really want to see how Nagy uses him in this offense. I see a HUGE year for him.

On defense, its a toss up between Lynch and Fitz. Getting that other OLB spot solidified would be huge. I think a slim and trim Lynch will be getting some serious pressure on the QB. And Fitzs measurable are insane....just want to see him put it all together...

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
A healthy Allen Robinson. He is the key receiver in this rebuilt passing game, someone who can become a consistent #1 with an accurate passer like Trubisky.

KingInTheNorth

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
Anthony Miller, Trubisky, Fuller.