Will Mitchell Eat Less Sacks With A New Ball Snapper?

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
CCS has been insufferable since preseason game 4 last year. the likes of Grimson and Gus have improved the site ten-fold the past week. in case anyone noticed or maybe even cared, I'm actually making some posts again after largely ignoring this MF since the offseason started.

also, Spartan isn't a troll at all. opinionated and shit, yeah, but he makes very valid points. same with mick. maybe if people spent less time calling each other stupid doodieheads on a regular basis, perhaps it wouldn't be so Special person.

I would also like to say Trubisky doesn't eat sack. he kisses titties, don't you all remember?

You should really be happy if they ever turn Novak and Rory loose again. Boy, I really miss all that insightful humor Novak spun around here. I mean constantly referring to the Bears as Baerz, how do you beat that? And Rory”s act, well that never gets old.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
http://www.chicitysports.com/forum/showthread.php/94392-Whitehair-and-the-Center-position?highlight=

I called this back in January. Kirk Ferentz said Daniels is the smartest C he has ever coached. Kirk has been in the NFL as an OL coach and a college HC since 1999. Daniels is literally slated to be an all pro basically. I think right off the bat, you start Daniels at C and have him learn that position because he will be better there then Whitehair. Move Whitehair back to G and let him just be a road grader. There will be much less sacks eaten by Mitchell in this scenario. I'd wager 30 or less.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
CCS has been insufferable since preseason game 4 last year. the likes of Grimson and Gus have improved the site ten-fold the past week. in case anyone noticed or maybe even cared, I'm actually making some posts again after largely ignoring this MF since the offseason started.

also, Spartan isn't a troll at all. opinionated and shit, yeah, but he makes very valid points. same with mick. maybe if people spent less time calling each other stupid doodieheads on a regular basis, perhaps it wouldn't be so Special person.

I would also like to say Trubisky doesn't eat sack. he kisses titties, don't you all remember?

Care to share a couple. His Sandy Hook theory among others makes it hard to even consider reading anything he writes.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Care to share a couple. His Sandy Hook theory among others makes it hard to even consider reading anything he writes.

This thread is about sack eating, not peer review of other poster's credentials.

Now, if we want to talk about how many sacks Spartan eats, that's another story.

Last edited:

Washington

Liked Posts:
http://www.chicitysports.com/forum/showthread.php/94392-Whitehair-and-the-Center-position?highlight=

I called this back in January. Kirk Ferentz said Daniels is the smartest C he has ever coached. Kirk has been in the NFL as an OL coach and a college HC since 1999. Daniels is literally slated to be an all pro basically. I think right off the bat, you start Daniels at C and have him learn that position because he will be better there then Whitehair. Move Whitehair back to G and let him just be a road grader. There will be much less sacks eaten by Mitchell in this scenario. I'd wager 30 or less.

Daniels is the smartest center Kirk has ever seen and he was one of the best in all of the college ranks so the Bears will change his position.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Daniels is the smartest center Kirk has ever seen and he was one of the best in all of the college ranks so the Bears will change his position.

First, he is BEGINNING at Guard. No one said he is staying there.

Second, if he is that talented and smart, then he can easily figure out how to also play Guard at a high level.

And third....if the staff believes our OL would be better long term with Whitehair at Center in the scheme, why argue against it before you even see it on the field?

Washington

Liked Posts:

Second, if he is that talented and smart, then he can easily figure out how to also play Guard at a high level.

And third....if the staff believes our OL would be better long term with Whitehair at Center in the scheme, why argue against it before you even see it on the field?

That all makes sense to me. I have no doubts that Daniels can excel at OG. I guess it is fucking crazy to let a kid who excelled in college get his feet wet at the position he excelled at while the guy who played there struggled quite a bit last year. Whitehair is much stronger than Daniels and I think Whitehair will be a better OG than Daniels. We'll watch it all play out.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That all makes sense to me. I have no doubts that Daniels can excel at OG. I guess it is fucking crazy to let a kid who excelled in college get his feet wet at the position he excelled at while the guy who played there struggled quite a bit last year. Whitehair is much stronger than Daniels and I think Whitehair will be a better OG than Daniels. We'll watch it all play out.

Can't wait for the expert analysis.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:

Bingo.

As I mentioned in the OP, Daniels has too many strengths over Whitehair's weaknesses:

Even though Daniels has presidentially small hands, he has the LS experience from high school. With good snap to step quickness, he can beat inside linebackers to the spot and get them sealed. He's also rarely caught lunging or over-extending against athletic rushers which was a problem for Whitehair.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Please do us all a favor and hold your breath and wait with unabated enthusiasm...

Says the guy who said Whitehair shouldn't start game 1 his rookie season so he could learn the center position.

Washington

Liked Posts:
Says the guy who said Whitehair shouldn't start game 1 his rookie season so he could learn the center position.

I think you are confused. I could be confused too because I'm old. Please provide a link. If it turns out my opinion was wrong, I'll issue a mea culpa right away. I've been wrong millions of times in my life.

But, since you actually chose to talk football on here which is rare for you, the Whitehair scenario was very different than Daniels. Whitehair was an OT in college and was not projected to play OT in the NFL. Pace had cut his center (Slauson) leaving a gap because Grasu was too weak to play in the NFL and still is. Sitton was picked up and he was a Pro Bowl OG. So, making Whitehair move to OC made sense at the time. Now, Daniels has excelled playing OC in college giving the Bears some choices which is great.

It could very well turn out that Daniels is better at OG and Whitehair is better at OC. As I said, we'll watch it all play out.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats

You should be listened to more.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
You should be listened to more.
I concur. The Draft #calledit is the most elusive #calledit.

Just ask that "Fatman Lou" cat...who said Frank Ragnow should still be around in round 4 or 5.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
You should really be happy if they ever turn Novak and Rory loose again. Boy, I really miss all that insightful humor Novak spun around here. I mean constantly referring to the Bears as Baerz, how do you beat that? And Rory”s act, well that never gets old.
Spot on, brother.

Have no fear...I am sure both of them will pop back up once training camp/preseason kicks off.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

First, if the staff believes our OL would be better long term with Daniels at Center in the scheme, why argue against it before you even see it on the field?

Thanks,

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Fatman Lou is a good dude, Ragnow thought notwithstanding

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
I really worry that he might end up as another Grasu. Never like to hear that our high second round pick needs to get stronger.