Will Mitchell Eat Less Sacks With A New Ball Snapper?

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
With a new and improved O-Line, how will it affect how many sacks Mitch eats?

Last season he had balls flying over his head from shotgun. Balls over his head, shoulders, balls hitting the dirt balls going this away and that away, it was crazy and resulted in an increase in sacks eaten. I couple of sacks he ate resulted in premature hand-offs from balls flying wildly out of shotgun.

We don't want to see him get creamed out there so it only makes sense to move Cody "Wheels" Whitechair and have James "Whiskey" Daniels play centre.

I had a hunch Whitehair was going to end up playing Center for the Bears last season but wasn't really into it. After scouting long snappers for so long, I knew that he was going to have problems long snapping into the shotgun formation due to his long arms (which are better fit to play at guard anyways).

Even though Daniels has presidentially small hands, he has the LS experience from high school. With good snap to step quickness, he can beat inside linebackers to the spot and get them sealed. He's also rarely caught lunging or over-extending against athletic rushers which was a problem for Whitehair.

If the Bears make these two moves, it's essentially a new O-Line. I believe doing this will reduce the amount of sacks that Mitch will need to eat this upcoming season.

Mitch was on pace to eat 41-42 sacks last year. I put the over/under at 35.5 this year. What are you taking?

Kazu2324

Liked Posts:
It'd probably help if the OC isn't so predictable that everyone and their mothers could predict whether it was a pass or a run. Hopefully, with a lot less predictability, Trubisky won't be put into positions where he'd be close to getting sacked so often.

So I'll guess for an under 35.5.

Dagman310

Liked Posts:
I don't think it is critical to move Whitehair back to guard but I do see the possibility of it happening. It would make sense to do it now with new coaching and Daniels coming in. It will be interesting to see what happens. It's nice to have those kinds of options on the line.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Deashaun Watkins : aka Jesus, aka the Texan god, aka the family man: 7 games played, 19 sacks taken. 2.7 sacks per game.

Mitchell trubiscuit: aka ‘bust’ biscuit - 12 games played, 31 sacks taken - 2.5 sacks per game. BUST.

Should’ve drafted Jamal Adams.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
great thread title

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Trubisky will take less sacks per game...it will be about snappy plays, rolling out, and quicker WRs......

That being said Chicago was a little below league average in sacks taken per game....

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/qb-sacked-per-game

If they could drop it to 2.0 sacks per game and get more production then we are cooking with crisco....

Mitch also didn't pass that much so that has to be taken into account.....

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Deashaun Watkins : aka Jesus, aka the Texan god, aka the family man: 7 games played, 19 sacks taken. 2.7 sacks per game.

Mitchell trubiscuit: aka ‘bust’ biscuit - 12 games played, 31 sacks taken - 2.5 sacks per game. BUST.

Thanks for the expert analysis. However it's not QB skill level that determines the amount of sacks that one eats.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Thanks for the expert analysis. However it's not QB skill level that determines the amount of sacks that one eats.
Pocket awareness is a thing and maybe Mitch is just a bit too aloof.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

Wrong thread, Sugar.

(and the correct answer was to draft Watson)

Eating sacks was the strongest part of his game in 2017, so I would hate to see that number drop below thirty. With Nagy coming from the background of QB coach...he may want Mitchell to diversify his game.

19 sacks eaten
11 sacks taken
7 sacks gotten

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Where did you guys migrate back from. Is it available or did you shut er down?

Visionman

Liked Posts:
"Will Mitchell Eat Less Sacks With A New Ball Snapper?"

Will you?

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Wrong thread, Sugar.

(and the correct answer was to draft Watson)

Eating sacks was the strongest part of his game in 2017, so I would hate to see that number drop below thirty. With Nagy coming from the background of QB coach...he may want Mitchell to diversify his game.

19 sacks eaten
11 sacks taken
7 sacks gotten

Aha ha
Nailed it?

Treehorn

Liked Posts:
With a new and improved O-Line, how will it affect how many sacks Mitch eats?

Last season he had balls flying over his head from shotgun. Balls over his head, shoulders, balls hitting the dirt balls going this away and that away, it was crazy and resulted in an increase in sacks eaten. I couple of sacks he ate resulted in premature hand-offs from balls flying wildly out of shotgun.

We don't want to see him get creamed out there so it only makes sense to move Cody "Wheels" Whitechair and have James "Whiskey" Daniels play centre.

I had a hunch Whitehair was going to end up playing Center for the Bears last season but wasn't really into it. After scouting long snappers for so long, I knew that he was going to have problems long snapping into the shotgun formation due to his long arms (which are better fit to play at guard anyways).

Even though Daniels has presidentially small hands, he has the LS experience from high school. With good snap to step quickness, he can beat inside linebackers to the spot and get them sealed. He's also rarely caught lunging or over-extending against athletic rushers which was a problem for Whitehair.

If the Bears make these two moves, it's essentially a new O-Line. I believe doing this will reduce the amount of sacks that Mitch will need to eat this upcoming season.

Mitch was on pace to eat 41-42 sacks last year. I put the over/under at 35.5 this year. What are you taking?

This is one of the greatest troll jobs I've ever read. :clap:

Washington

Liked Posts:
I have this feeling that there are going to be continuous Trubisky related trolling threads this summer.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
MT will have fewer sacks with more, maybe better, coaching, more experience, and better surrounding cast. At least that seems to be the plan. We”ll see.....

Porkchop

Liked Posts:
Having a receiver that can actually get open should help a little...

SERE Bear

Drinking da Bears better
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is one of the greatest troll jobs I've ever read. :clap:

Spartan should take notes on this. Trolling with subtle jabs takes a certain skill while anyone can throw poo at the board.

Well done Grimson.