Will Mitchell Eat Less Sacks With A New Ball Snapper?

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
TL;DR
I did notice you came back and edited it 40 minutes after posting, that's funny.

There's no time limit on proper spelling, "blunder"51 . . .

Not the point. You came back to this thread and read your own post 40 minutes after posting it, admiring your brilliance?

A piece of advice, it's not your spelling that makes you a shitposter.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wow! Looks like the under hit BIG TIME this season. Mitch only ate 24 sacks which unironically is the same number of tiddies he tossed.

I guess that new and improved O-Line did in fact work. Seems like Long getting injured actually was a blessing in disguise.

#calledit

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
With a new and improved O-Line, how will it affect how many sacks Mitch eats?

Last season he had balls flying over his head from shotgun. Balls over his head, shoulders, balls hitting the dirt balls going this away and that away, it was crazy and resulted in an increase in sacks eaten. I couple of sacks he ate resulted in premature hand-offs from balls flying wildly out of shotgun.

We don't want to see him get creamed out there so it only makes sense to move Cody "Wheels" Whitechair and have James "Whiskey" Daniels play centre.

I had a hunch Whitehair was going to end up playing Center for the Bears last season but wasn't really into it. After scouting long snappers for so long, I knew that he was going to have problems long snapping into the shotgun formation due to his long arms (which are better fit to play at guard anyways).

Even though Daniels has presidentially small hands, he has the LS experience from high school. With good snap to step quickness, he can beat inside linebackers to the spot and get them sealed. He's also rarely caught lunging or over-extending against athletic rushers which was a problem for Whitehair.

If the Bears make these two moves, it's essentially a new O-Line. I believe doing this will reduce the amount of sacks that Mitch will need to eat this upcoming season.

Mitch was on pace to eat 41-42 sacks last year. I put the over/under at 35.5 this year. What are you taking?

Well he ate less sacks but Daniels did NOT play centre so I think you are a bigtime WASH on this "#calledit"

#hedgefail

#thanks

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
The problem is the posters around here who report posts. That awakens the Banmaster who will then read the Bears forum, and bannings take place. The truth is that the Banmaster loves the homer talk. I'm guessing because at the end of the day he gets to swoop in and make an important point that is smarter than the homer postings. Of course, I rarely ever see the Banmaster actually talk about sports. In the Bulls forum sure, but never in either of the MLB (btw, pointless to have two forums), and certainly never the Bears forum.

I mean, never. I have never seen one post from the Banmaster in the Bears forum. Yet, that is where the "trolls" migrate apparently.

I still have not seen one single post in the Bears forum from the Banmaster.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well he ate less sacks but Daniels did NOT play centre so I think you are a bigtime WASH on this "#calledit"

#hedgefail

#thanks

The ultimate goal was for Mitchell to eat less sacks which happened #calledit.

NAGY correctly identified that Daniels' yugely small hands weren't the answer YET and he was better served to remain at LG to develop his craft. At the time of the OP, Madden ratings weren't yet out so I wasn't aware that Daniels was only rated 72 while Whitechair was rated 83. I think it was best for his rookie development to stay at LG and will take the C1 job from Whitehair in training camp.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
We got some straight up #calledit psychics on CCS, it's eerie how accurate these guys are. I gotta ask, any stock tips/Oscar predictions?

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Has anyone seen the list of centers that were asked to be in the game before whitehair?

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Has anyone seen the list of centers that were asked to be in the game before whitehair?

You want a list of every center to play in the NFL prior to Whitehair being drafted?

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
With a new and improved O-Line, how will it affect how many sacks Mitch eats?

Last season he had balls flying over his head from shotgun. Balls over his head, shoulders, balls hitting the dirt balls going this away and that away, it was crazy and resulted in an increase in sacks eaten. I couple of sacks he ate resulted in premature hand-offs from balls flying wildly out of shotgun.

We don't want to see him get creamed out there so it only makes sense to move Cody "Wheels" Whitechair and have James "Whiskey" Daniels play centre.

I had a hunch Whitehair was going to end up playing Center for the Bears last season but wasn't really into it. After scouting long snappers for so long, I knew that he was going to have problems long snapping into the shotgun formation due to his long arms (which are better fit to play at guard anyways).

Even though Daniels has presidentially small hands, he has the LS experience from high school. With good snap to step quickness, he can beat inside linebackers to the spot and get them sealed. He's also rarely caught lunging or over-extending against athletic rushers which was a problem for Whitehair.

If the Bears make these two moves, it's essentially a new O-Line. I believe doing this will reduce the amount of sacks that Mitch will need to eat this upcoming season.

Mitch was on pace to eat 41-42 sacks last year. I put the over/under at 35.5 this year. What are you taking?

I know @xer0h0ur is 1000% violently opposed to this move but it has been a year now and I'm ready for it. Think mitch eats less sacks as a result?

EDIT: also nice #calledit @Grimson

Last edited:

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Wrong thread, Sugar.

(and the correct answer was to draft Watson)

Eating sacks was the strongest part of his game in 2017, so I would hate to see that number drop below thirty. With Nagy coming from the background of QB coach...he may want Mitchell to diversify his game.

19 sacks eaten
11 sacks taken
7 sacks gotten

Since the stats are now written can you break down for me how the king of sack eating (Deshaun Watson) prefers his sacks?

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Since the stats are now written can you break down for me how the king of sack eating (Deshaun Watson) prefers his sacks?

I don't know if I am ready to call him the "king of sack eating", but I am willing to look into the 2018 season stats and see how many sacks piled on Watson.

In the meantime, enjoy this tidy little #nailedit on Trubisky....

Trubisky's penchant for eating sacks sprouted from being talentless at receiver. It is pretty common knowledge in the right circles that if you have nothing to offer on the receiving end...you are going to be eating some sacks until your Tight End learns how to get open more efficiently.

Now that Trubisky is armed with proper receiving skills...he should have to eat less sacks and be ready instead to open it up like never before and take it all the way into scoring position.

Having Trubisky's Tight End completely seize up before the playoff game certainly played a large role in stifling his ability to score when it mattered most.