HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You've got him confused for Josh Allen. The arm strength gets brought up because its hard to not notice, but he was throwing dimes in college. His thing was the natural accuracy despite complete shit lower body mechanics.

My question lies in what he looks like after toying with his mechanics.

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
Great ... Matt Nagy's a helluva quarterbacks coach ... so was "Canada Dry" - Marc Trestman.

No one gets anointed amongst this group of (in)lovable losers. It's time to produce. Indeed, dog the shoopster's dog . . .

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
He`ll be fine. This means about as much as him lighting up the defense. Ehh! I judge qbs on what they do Sept- February.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
You've got him confused for Josh Allen. The arm strength gets brought up because its hard to not notice, but he was throwing dimes in college. His thing was the natural accuracy despite complete shit lower body mechanics.

You ain’t lying. His footwork is absolutely atrocious, even after sitting and learning for a whole season heading into his first start. He’s going to have some serious issues if he doesn’t clean that up very fast.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
It’s not just his arm strength but he’s also very athletic. He could scramble to either direction and throw the football out of a cannon. But as we all know, it takes a lot more than natural gifts to be a great QB. His footwork and mechanics are about as terrible as it gets and he throws a lot of picks. Can he read a defense? I still think it was a completely dumb decision to give up what KC gave up to get him. He’s not that type of player. Especially when you have an Alex Smith on your roster.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
His ceiling is probably higher than Jays. But Jays ceiling was higher than what he ended up being.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
His ceiling is probably higher than Jays. But Jays ceiling was higher than what he ended up being.

That's a weird way to look at it. I'd say Jays ceiling at this point in their careers was higher than Mahomes, if not even. Don't forget, Jay was a Pro Bowl QB after his first 3 seasons. Had 500+ more yards and 2 less TD's than Peyton Manning that year.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
The Mahomes hype machine is based entirely on his arm strength. You never hear someone say "look at that incredible accuracy that incredible timing" His hype is based entirely upon his arm strength and his being under Andy Reid.

True. But it's worked for Stafford for a decade in the league now. Then again...thats Why the Lions are the Lions....

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Every now and then one gets away from him but otherwise, he's very accurate.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
The Mahomes hype machine is based entirely on his arm strength. You never hear someone say "look at that incredible accuracy that incredible timing" His hype is based entirely upon his arm strength and his being under Andy Reid.

This may be the first time I agree on your QB assessment.

I still remember when you proclaimed HTJ would be a scrub. Tsk tsk!!!!

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Mahomes is a gunslinger. His ceiling is probably Cutler without diabetes.

I would be surprised if Pat Mahomes’ career is as good as Cutler’s. Cutler was, like, a 12-year starter. Just statistically, Mahomes isn’t likely to be that, although who knows. You definitely want a guy like him paired with Andy Reid.

I did want to share with you gents, that as I was driving home today listening to Kansas City sports radio, the topic of the day was whether the Chiefs should go ahead and sign Mahomes early now so they don’t have to deal with his big payday later (you know, 4 years from now). This was a legitimate topic. After one start.

I flipped over to the other KC sports radio station. The topic there: Will Mahomes be a Hall of Famer?

There is absolutely zero thought in this town given to the possibility that this guy might not be great. I’ve never legitimately personally rooted against a non-GB quarterback succeeding, but I’m getting really close, just because I kind of want to see what happens next.

Of course, all that talking head hype is completely independent of whether the kid will actually be good.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Cutler struggled to process football at NFL speed. If Mahomes can, he could do significantly better than Cutler whether he stays around for 12 years or not. He could also be a bust, depending on how well he takes to having his technique coached under Reid. He has similar physical gifts to Cutler but rawer footwork coming out of school.

Whether he's better than Cutler or not will really depend on how well he sees the game in front of him.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
That's a weird way to look at it. I'd say Jays ceiling at this point in their careers was higher than Mahomes, if not even. Don't forget, Jay was a Pro Bowl QB after his first 3 seasons. Had 500+ more yards and 2 less TD's than Peyton Manning that year.

Oh I remember his pro bowl. It was one of the weakest in recent memory and took an injury for him to get there. But it wasn’t a very special year. His broncos also missed the playoffs. It was a very solid year, a good year, but nothing spectacular and he never duplicated it afterwards.

Speed

Liked Posts:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Look, I was all for the Bears to draft Watson last year. However, the people who keep complaining that they didn’t take him fail to look at what would have happened if they had taken him.
1. Glennon still would have started the season.
2. They would have force fed him playing under center like they did with Trubisky.
3. They still would have ran on first and second down, creating a lot of third and long situations.
4. He still would have had the same crappy WR to throw to.
5. No audibles and just a few RPO’s.
If you think for a minute he would have put up the same numbers he did in Houston, with the Bears, I’ve got some swamp land in the desert to sell you.
The TD would have been way down and the already high Interceptions would have been even higher. With all the running he would have had to do, his knee probably blows out even sooner.
No rookie QB would have succeeded on last years Bears team and probably not too many veterans either.
Trubisky did about as well as can be expected given the circumstances

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I agree with this overall but didn't thank you due to the knee comment. That was a bit severe.