Schwarber is garbage

garapp

Liked Posts:
I don't see any way Russell is with the Cubs in 2019 if Bote keeps hitting
And if Harper is signed, there will be no room for Schwarber on the team.His long Homers are nice..but what happens between at bats and the fact he makes Ryan Braun look like a gold Glover in LF and it's time to trade Kyle.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
9 assists cause folks run on him.

garapp

Liked Posts:
No one says Schwarbs doesn't have a good arm

But if the ball isn't hit right at him, it often is a disaster

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
No one says Schwarbs doesn't have a good arm

But if the ball isn't hit right at him, it often is a disaster

Not really true. In fact both in terms of range and in terms of errors UZR gives him positive ratings on both at 0.3 and 0.6 respectively. The error rate is better than multiple time gold glover Alex Gordon. But as an example here the 0.3 range factor is better than Andrew Benintendi's -1.1. Marcell Ozuna is at 1.0 and he's played CF in the past. I think a better way of saying this is Schwarber has limited range but a cannon arm and good fielding. There's obvious downsides to that as of the 3 factors in defense range tends to matter the most. That's the reason CF are so valuable because they tend to have more range. But balls he can get to he usually makes the play on and clearly his arm has been a weapon for him.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Wow! Great info.

You know it to be true. No one is going to speak of Kyle's arm outside of Cub Nation. Yes he's a catcher converted to an outfielder, but his arm does not rate with others in the Outfield. He gets the assists cause he has plenty of chances to test.

Lance Johnson racked up loads of assists. But it wasn't because his arm was good.

I'm impressed with what Kyle has done. I also think he has the drive to continue to improve and probably tops out as a slightly above average defensive player in the outfield. That's impressive to me.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
You know it to be true. No one is going to speak of Kyle's arm outside of Cub Nation. Yes he's a catcher converted to an outfielder, but his arm does not rate with others in the Outfield. He gets the assists cause he has plenty of chances to test.

Lance Johnson racked up loads of assists. But it wasn't because his arm was good.

I'm impressed with what Kyle has done. I also think he has the drive to continue to improve and probably tops out as a slightly above average defensive player in the outfield. That's impressive to me.
LOL. Schwarber has a very strong arm compared to most LF.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Let me know when honesty is going to be used by you PR

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Let me know when honesty is going to be used by you PR
You presented a poor argument and now you pivot to questioning my integrity? Thanks for the entertainment.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
You're biased...it's fine if you want to hide it.
Schwarber has a strong arm. Schwarber has thrown out multiple base runners. You've admitted to both. Your admission is opposite of your comment regarding a quality arm.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Schwarber has a strong arm. Schwarber has thrown out multiple base runners. You've admitted to both. Your admission is opposite of your comment regarding a quality arm.

He has a thrown out multiple runners cause multiple people keep running on him. His arm is not respect worthy. I've been saying that too. All can be true.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
But what about the lb he has out on in the last week?

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
He has a thrown out multiple runners cause multiple people keep running on him. His arm is not respect worthy. I've been saying that too. All can be true.

This is a laughably subjective take. Have any statcast data to back it up?

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Um. No. He has an above average arm in LF and has demonstrated the ability to be accurate and throw runners out. That is the very definition of quality.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Does anyone REALLY want to see Schwaber in LF in the 7th game of the WS, 9th inning game tied? I would rather see him at the water cooler