Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
The OP is such a broken down mess I didn't even open this thread until today. Pretty much what I expected, a horrible shitpost from the shitster, I assume because TL;DR. Most people rightfully acknowledge how fucked up he is. One or two dopes incorrectly think there is something there, and two guys try to turn this shit stain into an actual football thread.

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
Prime example of the puerile nature of The Dumpster's postings ^^

And he's repeating the same joke again. skip, skip, skip

Was there something better to respond to from your post? I don't think so - I'll take The King.

When you wanna talk football, Xuder (Xuder?!?), the shoopster's right here. But you're always talkin' shoopster, and he can't make you famous . . .

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Listen, it's gotta suck to be dumped at an old folks home without warning. His family has abandoned him. His friends are all dead. He's as useful as a house cat. But, at least the old boy has internet. Let him ride out the last couple of months/years with some dignity. But seriously, stop making threads.

Fatman LOU

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Puerile definition: behaving in a silly way, not like an adult.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Was there something better to respond to from your post? I don't think so - I'll take The King.

When you wanna talk football, Xuder (Xuder?!?), the shoopster's right here. But you're always talkin' shoopster, and he can't make you famous . . .

skip skip skip

again

Washington

Liked Posts:
Based on wins only then yes. But the McCasky's could sell this franchise for record money anytime they want too so I would put it near the top of your 100 list. The money list is what the McCasky's base their success on, not wins on the field. Us fans base success on wins but rich folk base wins on money made and Chicago is a cash cow.

I prefer Kraft's approach as he values winning.

1COBearsfan

Equinsu ocha
Donator
Liked Posts:
Listen, it's gotta suck to be dumped at an old folks home without warning. His family has abandoned him. His friends are all dead. He's as useful as a house cat. But, at least the old boy has internet. Let him ride out the last couple of months/years with some dignity. But seriously, stop making threads.

Hey asshole, I’ll not have you denigrate house cats!

Actually, maybe a little bit. They are assholes, but they’re not worthless. Shoopster, on the other hand, most certainly is a worthless oxygen thief

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Hey asshole, I’ll not have you denigrate house cats!

Actually, maybe a little bit. They are assholes, but they’re not worthless. Shoopster, on the other hand, most certainly is a worthless oxygen thief

Another satisfied shitster fan!

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
1jqt09.jpg

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
Based on wins only then yes. But the McCasky's could sell this franchise for record money anytime they want too so I would put it near the top of your 100 list. The money list is what the McCasky's base their success on, not wins on the field. Us fans base success on wins but rich folk base wins on money made and Chicago is a cash cow.

The financial success is due more to the popularity of the NFL than any expertise of the McCaskeys buddy.

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:

Indeed, 'thirtyjim. But Beardom was sold (a bill of goods?) that "King" George was a sportsman who cared about bringing pride - not just dividends - back to the franchise. The Kingster's been a massive failure thus far. This the shoopster's missive . . .

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
For all the angst over the putrid regime Ryan "Snails" Pace has thus far wrought, there is unbelievably an individual within the Bear organization that has somehow nonetheless exceeded the ineptitude of the carefully coiffed quaff, 14-and-34 notwithstanding.

He's a nice guy, a "huge Bear fan" we've been (t)(s)old, and wants more than anything the team to win. He's lived and breathed this franchise since he was a kid sitting in the frozen ticket booths outside the stadium distributing passes into Soldier(s) Field. He's an Everyman not afraid to engage with the fans in the stands. And he's one of the worst Team Chairmen who's ever tipped his teacup to wash down crumpets at Virginia's family breakfast table.

Apocryphal perhaps, but the story goes that Papa Bear himself, on his death bed, croaked out famous last words to daughter Virginia before ascending among us: "Anyone but Michael .... " .... Beeeeeeeeeeeeeep . . .

Flatulent, fey Michael's reign of error is well documented within the various Bear online forii (pl: forum). Mostly and most eloquently of course by yours shoop-ly himself. Michael is generally regarded as an incompetent fool.

"King" George has been even worse.

Indeed, friendly George has made Beardom forget Michael. He's bottomed out by presiding over four straight 10-loss seasons in a row six years into his reign, when the "rebuild" is supposed to be showing dividends. Ponder that as you continue to insist a franchise that doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt must somehow yet again be given it.

The Kingster is responsible for Phil "Emery" Bored. He's responsible for Marc "Canada Dry" Trestman. For John Fox. For Snails himself. For - for Halas's sake - "Uncle" Ernie Accorsi.

At last year's season ending presser announcing the firing of the crotchety Fox and the most undeserved extension in the history of sports front office contracts to Pace, the Kingster put aside the diplomacy in illustrating that Everyman trait that makes him so much more endearing than high-fallutin' Michael despite his incredible inequities in lamenting with regard to the Bears' rebuild, "this is taking a lot longer than any of us thought it would."

It sure is, and the shoopster thinks he knows the reason why . . .
Nicely written, Shoop, as prose and entertainment.

I don't necessarily agree with blaming all the poor results on George, but there's the axiom of the buck stops there. And he probably should turn football decisions over to an expert.

Extending quarterback
Jay Cutler's contract in January 2014 to a lucrative seven-year deal with $126.7 million, of which $54 million was guaranteed was George's worst decision -- that is, George's decision to not step in and override GM Emory's decision. Hiring GM Emory was the next the worst decision. Allowing Mel Tucker at DC is next. Hiring Tresman as HC instead of OC, is next. Last, and least, hiring John Fox -- but seeing that Fox was "too worn out, or out-of-touch" to build and succeed in 2015 would have required a fair amount of foresight, but alas, a George mistake.​