OT: Jameis Winston to be suspended

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
NFL just concluded that Darby lied.
I don't think they just concluded that. This happened over 2 years ago and the woman driver always said Winston was the only passenger at the time. The information being put out by the media may be thought of as new but can't imagine the NFL didn't know about it. So much misinformation going on about this case right now. I'd be very surprised if Winston got away with just a 3 week suspension after the rape in 2012 (that Winston settled out of court and then the victim also was rewarded nearly 1mil from FSU after filing charges against them), knowingly hanging out with a man set to be tried for rape, and then knowingly lying to the NFL when first confronted by them about the case.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Not really, the coaching staff sunk that offense to go along with a weak supporting cast.

Coaching staff did suck but good QB's still don't put up shit stats like his in their third year.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
giphy.gif

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
3 games is such a weird suspension.

Either he sexually assaulted a woman and should be suspended for much longer OR he did nothing wrong and shouldn't be punished at all.

I don't think simply taking an uber should be conduct detrimental to the league.

Well said. Brady got more time for "deflategate."

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
I don't think they just concluded that. This happened over 2 years ago and the woman driver always said Winston was the only passenger at the time. The information being put out by the media may be thought of as new but can't imagine the NFL didn't know about it. So much misinformation going on about this case right now. I'd be very surprised if Winston got away with just a 3 week suspension after the rape in 2012 (that Winston settled out of court and then the victim also was rewarded nearly 1mil from FSU after filing charges against them), knowingly hanging out with a man set to be tried for rape, and then knowingly lying to the NFL when first confronted by them about the case.
Is the Uber incident a pending court case? Was there a police report, but the prosecutor just won't prosecute it? How doesn't anyone even know about it?

If I recall the article was insinuating his NFL crime was not telling the NFL about it. What was he supposed to report?

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
Is the Uber incident a pending court case? Was there a police report, but the prosecutor just won't prosecute it? How doesn't anyone even know about it?

If I recall the article was insinuating his NFL crime was not telling the NFL about it. What was he supposed to report?

According to new reports, she did not file a police report but made a formal complaint with uber. As a result, Winston is banned from using uber.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
According to new reports, she did not file a police report but made a formal complaint with uber. As a result, Winston is banned from using uber.
Interesting. I guess the lady was satisfied with that punishment, so to speak.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think it's kinda a Sesame Street thing...

eat the letter W...

I got that, just a strange attempt at a pre-game, side line, fire up your team mates session. How many of those players went away from that saying to themselves or a team mate WTF was that.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I got that, just a strange attempt at a pre-game, side line, fire up your team mates session. How many of those players went away from that saying to themselves or a team mate WTF was that.

This dude will be accused of rape before 2021. Not saying he's actually going to rape but he's left himself in a vulnerable position...ala Patrick Kane

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Mariota just keeps looking more and more like the better QB choice that year.

I mean, not really. Mariota sucks. Winston is a garbage person and a mediocre QB, but Mariota is a garbage QB.

How about neither?

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:

The article pointed to in the OP isn't much of an article. It's basically just some tweets with twits saying Winston wasn't getting suspended for violating the NFL's conduct policy but because he didn't report the uber incident. If that sounds dumb it's only cause it is. Don't know where those twits got it from but everything I've read says he is being suspended for conduct violation and a case such as his carries a baseline of 6 week suspension. It is thought the 3 week suspension is a plea deal the NFL offered to Winston if he doesn't appeal so as to avoid further attention being put on the specific case.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mariota is not garbage.

Of course not but idiots who only go on the stats from the previous season, while ignoring his 2 good seasons prior, will continue to think so. PFF actually didn't see him as being as bad as the stats show last year. Had him ranked at #13 for QBs, giving him the 6th lowest mark for turnover-worthy throw percentage.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
This dude will be accused of rape before 2021. Not saying he's actually going to rape but he's left himself in a vulnerable position...ala Patrick Kane

Well he’s already been accused before...twice. Now this. Plus the “fuck her right in pussy” shameless display. I’ll give in till 2019 for the next allegation.