OT: Jameis Winston to be suspended

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Reasons I like police officers:
They always are at the potential of putting themselves in harms way for others.
They have helped me and mine a few times when being young and stupid when they could have made things miserable if they chose to do so.
They keep public events safe and enjoyable when drunk hillbillies, et al., show up.
They have tried to help out with issues of theft, going above and beyond.

Reasons I hate police officers:
Too large of a % of cops seems to think they are a superhero due to the transitive property of a real hero cop 4 states away.
Expecting free lunch and being bad tippers (personal knowledge).
Being too lazy to do ones job if it inconveniences/disinterests them and being a what you gonna do about it dick (again, personal knowledge multiple occasions).

Just like every profession there are good and bad, the biggest problem with law enforcement is the bad feel privileged and have the power to make your life hell and that power and privilege draws in marginal people to the job.

Firemen are much the same.

I agree with ur assessment...us good ones know the ones that make shit worse, if u know any ask them. Cant argue with anything u said.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You are the one that made the scenario about being on the scene and taking all this time to tell the people you had to go to another call, not me.

And if you try to tell me that you get a call about operating a business without a license, start driving, then get a call about a burglary in process, but tell the dispatcher sorry, can't respond I am on my way to a call about a girl selling water, and still take the time to drive your ass to a water selling scene, and take yourself away from the burglary, I will literally laugh myself out of my fucking chair.

Guess you haven't figured out what a Code Enforcement Officer is yet where you live. Instead you still send cops to these stupid calls. Once again, speaks for your departments efficiency. Which you are trying to blame everyone else for.

Hell I just found a job application online for one near here (actually found two, but the 2nd didn't give much info about duties, but needed even less experience)

------

Code Enforcement Officer I or II
$16.42 - $24.14 an hour
Code Enforcement Officer II. Must have three (3) years of responsible experience in Code Enforcement or as a Law Enforcement Officer....

Receives complaints and reports from citizens regarding alleged violations of City ordinances, codes, and regulations. Investigates these claims and determines the nature of the allegation and apprises complainants of possible solutions.

------

Here they are hiring a guy that only need 3 years in code enforcement experience to answer these types of calls.
There, they are apparently sending half the police force all the way across the city to answer illegal water seller calls.

Used to work with a girl that got one for 1 over. I thought it was bullshit too, until she showed me the ticket. I have got one for 8 over in a 35. Didn't ultimately matter because I did a plea of abeyance and it dropped off anyway.

Oh, you have let me know how it works there. Send cop cars to an, operating a business call without a permit call. Talk about living in Mayberry...

You should let us know what the charges were for the racers. Since you know, I alluded to the question first and you have the intimate knowledge of the situation. And you are the one that tried to take a simple speeding example and shoehorn it into a racing/reckless/exhibition driving scenario (once again, making something into something bigger than it should be). There is a reason there is a charge for reckless/exhibition driving. Because not all speeding falls under blatant abandonment of street laws like your racers. Just wow...

The answer is, any amount. But I didn't say jail. I said prison. So...

Didnt read most...tired of talking to someone who thinks they know what it's like. Also the scenario I came up with? Last time I checked a poster talked about the dumbass calls, yet u figured rich people would pay 300 bucks just cause and poor people would be scared too.....ummm ok. Facts....One...cops showed up and were on scene for more than 5 seconds....because I'm sure everyone's interaction with police is 5 seconds or less right? Two, I said I'm sure people prefer officers checking 7 yr old girls selling water and asking her for her permits...ur rebuttal was code enforcement..lol. umm..they dont get dispatched, the check on complaints filed by citizens usually within the week, if the dont why are videos showing up with cops being dispatched to bs....but hell, apparently u have insight on that too. Three, I gave u a real life scenario where I just happened to be patrolling a neighborhood stopped some guys for a violation and it turns out they burglarized two homes, were going to do a couple more and were responsible for others(you know people at work having no idea there home was broken into)...yeah that wouldnt have been possible if during that moment I was checking on a little girl selling water or people bbq'ing in park. Ur rebuttal...We can predict crime...nah but I caught someone and did prevent a couple of others.......then ur comeback is that I work in a department that waste resources...yet we are one of the best in nation, with very few dumb incidents.....then it became after a call I want to sit and give tickets to great people like urself....sorry no time to, that's why we have traffic enforcement...but they should listen to guys like you and tell there supervisors....sorry sir, I know I worked 8 hrs and only wrote two tickets....but some guy on the message board said traffic enforcement is a waste of time and rsources.

Newblood

Liked Posts:
Didnt read most...tired of talking to someone who thinks they know what it's like. Also the scenario I came up with? Last time I checked a poster talked about the dumbass calls, yet u figured rich people would pay 300 bucks just cause and poor people would be scared too.....ummm ok. Facts....One...cops showed up and were on scene for more than 5 seconds....because I'm sure everyone's interaction with police is 5 seconds or less right? Two, I said I'm sure people prefer officers checking 7 yr old girls selling water and asking her for her permits...ur rebuttal was code enforcement..lol. umm..they dont get dispatched, the check on complaints filed by citizens usually within the week, if the dont why are videos showing up with cops being dispatched to bs....but hell, apparently u have insight on that too. Three, I gave u a real life scenario where I just happened to be patrolling a neighborhood stopped some guys for a violation and it turns out they burglarized two homes, were going to do a couple more and were responsible for others(you know people at work having no idea there home was broken into)...yeah that wouldnt have been possible if during that moment I was checking on a little girl selling water or people bbq'ing in park. Ur rebuttal...We can predict crime...nah but I caught someone and did prevent a couple of others.......then ur comeback is that I work in a department that waste resources...yet we are one of the best in nation, with very few dumb incidents.....then it became after a call I want to sit and give tickets to great people like urself....sorry no time to, that's why we have traffic enforcement...but they should listen to guys like you and tell there supervisors....sorry sir, I know I worked 8 hrs and only wrote two tickets....but some guy on the message board said traffic enforcement is a waste of time and rsources.

Nowhere ever did I say a police interaction only takes 5sec. I said take more than 5sec to tell someone you have to go on another call. Sooo yeah, nice try...

That's funny because I had a neighbor who locked their big ass dog on the balcony at night (10-11pm) and left it home alone, non-stop barking. I went to call animal control, but apparently they don't work at night here. So I called the police dept. Let them know the situation and didn't know who to call in this situation, even said I understand it is not a big deal. They were honest and said it depends on how busy officers are when or if they could get out. I said I get it. Well about 30-45min later, guess who showed up? An SUV with big fucking letters written across the side that said "CODE ENFORCEMENT". I was actually impressed that any at all showed up.
I agree, that if I called about my neighbor's shitty car broke down in their driveway, their overgrown/unkempt lawn or that I think the business down the road doesn't have a proper permit/license, code enforcement likely isn't going to show up within the hour, and neither are the police. But Code Enforcement is a hell of lot more likely to show up in those situations than the police, as I'm sure we would all agree, the way it should be.
If someone calls the hospital and asks them to send the ambulance to bring them a Tums, because they have heartburn. What is more ridiculous, the person that called or the hospital that sends the ambulance to bring the guy a Tums? And it's not like he lied about the situation. At some point, someone needs to use common sense. Like a girl selling water. What is more ridiculous, the person that called the cops, or the cops that took the time to show up? In a logical world, someone should have said, this isn't a call that needs cops to show up for and passed it along the chain to someone more appropriate.

That is a good story, and honestly glad it worked out that way. Now, tell us one about how you got called to another location, away from your normal beat, and put you in a better situation for another crime that was/had happened. Or are you going to conveniently tell us that that has never happened?

You all but said that writing speeding tickets is a waste of your time and have other things better to do, but when someone else says cops sitting on the side of the road catching speeders is a waste of time and resources, you get offended? Haha OK...
I get that you are better than those traffic enforcement officers, but obviously someone felt it was a waste of resources to have those more valued officers wasting their time writing tickets, or they wouldn't have started another section for it. We all get people egregiously speeding should be ticketed (if the situation dictates, worse). But probably most people know someone, or themselves have received a ticket for <10 over (not saying the situation is rampant). That's when you have to say to yourself, really??
And don't give me, it's a safety thing, because most road design is for 5-10mph over the posted speed (with a safety factor built into that). But alas, we digress, because the original point wasn't about the minutia of policing speeding. But the fact of officers complaining about wasting time, while participating in time wasting activities.

On a somewhat related topic (for humor, not a dig). I was once a passenger while my buddy was driving. Cop was behind him, lights came on. Friend pulled over, cop came to window and said to my buddy, "I just pulled your over to see if you have a stick of gum?". Ultimately, my buddy knew who the cop was (didn't know it was him when getting pulled over though). I wouldn't say they were friends, but acquaintances.
My buddy always drove like a grandma, so it scared him and made it that much more humorous. Even after the cop asked for the gum, my buddy still had this look like, oh shit am I in trouble. And, yes, it was a small town and years ago.