OT: Jameis Winston to be suspended

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Of course not but idiots who only go on the stats from the previous season, while ignoring his 2 good seasons prior, will continue to think so. PFF actually didn't see him as being as bad as the stats show last year. Had him ranked at #13 for QBs, giving him the 6th lowest mark for turnover-worthy throw percentage.

He's best summed up as not good enough. Hasn't been in top 10 of QB DVOA. He'll have a bounce back but he'll still be the same QB that can't consistently fit balls into tight windows.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Winston was officially suspended for 3 games, should have been more.

"The league also issued a statement Thursday, saying that the woman's claims were found to be "consistent and credible," finding that Winston "[touched] the driver in an inappropriate and sexual manner without her consent.""

"“The NFL informed me today that I will be suspended for the first three games of the season," the statement reads. "First and foremost, I would like to say I’m sorry to the Uber driver for the position I put you in. It is uncharacteristic of me and I genuinely apologize. In the past 2 1/2 years my life has been filled with experiences, opportunities and events that have helped me grow, mature and learn, including the fact that I have eliminated alcohol from my life.""

http://www.profootballweekly.com/20...games-for-personal-conduct-violation/a7fl9iz/

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
The thing that bothers me about the NFL's handling of these off-the-field issues(besides how there seems to be a lack of a real standard, i.e. weed suspension vs. sexual assault), is that they seem to do their own legal investigation like with the Zeke case. Unless Jameis were to admit culpability, as he did here, you need to vet accusations and I trust the legal system more than the NFL. When it comes to substance abuse, there's drug tests. When it comes to something like deflategate, that's a football issue.

But, in this case, what if the accusation was made up? I tend to believe the woman here, especially considering Jameis' reputation, but that reputation could also make him an easier target for false accusations. Maybe someone more familiar with how the NFL investigation process works can explain why this is ultimately credible.

I get the NFL is a private organization and they're handling similar to how other institutions(Hollywood, Congress) have handled sexual assault allegations, but seems to me the NFL shouldn't be involved in determining culpability, rather determining a proper punishment once the legal system has made that clear.

For the record, I think Jameis should absolutely be suspended, and for more than the 3 games he got.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
3 games? Seems excessive for trying to grab a lil pussy? I mean, if Trump gets away with accusation after accusation...why not Winston?

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Winston ain't nearly as rich dude....

Ah, maybe something else too. I know, he's from the dirty south! Maybe if he were an elitist northerner who's gone bankrupt four times?

Toast88

Liked Posts:
So some domestic violence/violence against women is a year, some is indefinite, the standard is 6 games for a first offender...and he gets 3. Sounds legit...

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
What a dumbfuck. No way this will be the last incident either.

napo55

Liked Posts:
Will be interesting to see what the league does with Ruben Foster of the 49ers. He's got an illegal possession of an assault weapon (found loaded on the bathroom floor), a failed drug test, and an alleged domestic violence charge, since dropped after the woman recanted. (Did she get paid off?) He was also kicked out of the combine after getting into an altercation with a staff member.

PAPABEAR77

Liked Posts:
3 games? Seems excessive for trying to grab a lil pussy? I mean, if Trump gets away with accusation after accusation...why not Winston?

There is a difference between woman throwing the pussy around for you to grab and just grabbing pussy. Trump money means it’s raining pussy. Winston money means it’s sprinkles lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

napo55

Liked Posts:
There is a difference between woman throwing the pussy around for you to grab and just grabbing pussy. Trump money means it’s raining pussy. Winston money means it’s sprinkles lol

????

TL1961

Liked Posts:
If they only had some kind of idea that he would act like a moron...I mean it's not like he had a history of acting like this in college...

When teams pass on players in the draft due to character concerns, and the players start off well, many talking heads will quickly exclaim that the teams that passed made a mistake (as if the character issues automatically manifest themselves Day One).

Then when the player in question proves those GM's right? Not a word of retraction.

The writers/broadcasters who said the flawed player should go higher than he did beat their chests when the guy plays well, and remain silent when he fails a drug test, beats a woman, gets arrested for whatever.....

Winston was an easy one to peg. He has "loser" written all over him. Not at football, but at just being a functioning member of society.

TL1961

Liked Posts:

This might be the single dumbest thing I have ever read.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Keyshawn was somewhat of a mentor for Jameis leading up to the draft and he said on radio the other day that something isn't right in the head with Jameis.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats

You’re a scary individual.